The Delphi Times - Issue Four

DeletedUser

8l4hZ.png

Welcome to the fourth issue! Yes, that is the new official logo for the Delphi Times! With so much demand on this newspaper, I was able to afford one, maybe in the future we can afford a better writer, until then your stuck with me! This is a few page newspaper, could not fit everything into one post. Well now moving to the 14th week of this world being opened up. And we have plenty of events that have happened since the last issue, like the fall of the mighty Titans! Creations of newer alliances, mergers happening. I will talk more about this on this issue. What really caused the fall of the Titans? Former allies going to war with each other now?! New ‘coalition’ building up? Oh and let’s not forget Jason’s Hen, hope you all are liking the easter event as much as I am.

Interviews

First of all an interview with burbman founder of the new BurbVision:

[spr]
1. In your opinion, what do you think was the main issue that caused the fall of the Titans?

Half of the original council went into VM without much notice to the other members, some claimed they would be gone for a "weekend" and never came back. When 50 went into VM, he left nobody in charge, and mayhem ensued. I took it upon myself to branch off and reboot my alliance BurbVision, and refocus the troops on our original goal. Fortunately most of the strong players felt the same way i did, and thus BurbVision was born.

2. Would you say that was a big win for the 'coalition’?

Not at all, if anything this has made us stronger, as well as PoW. PoW gained a lot of good fighters from the Titans break-up, and i think it was better for both alliances that we went down this path.

3. Do you think the same problem that happened to the Titans will happen to PoW?

I dont know the inner workings of that alliance, so i am in no position to speculate on the matter.

4. Do you guys have the same enemies or new ones or both?

No comment.

5. Now which alliance would you say are the biggest threat?

Although i do respect a couple of the top ones out there, I dont see any alliance as a threat, . They have proven they know how to play this game and it should be a fun next couple of months.
[/spr]

Next up we have Kameleon one of the founders of the Legion of Death:

[spr]

1. The Titans are no longer, what do you think cause that?

The tale of the Titans is a sad tale. Their story is one that I've seen many times before. The problem was a breakdown in leadership within, compounded by stress of constant attacks from outside. I do not know all of the details, but from what I have gathered of the situation, the alliance was trusted to Burbman and Little Miss Attitude while 50cents was on vacation. Both interim leaders failed to lead their team. In a two week period, there were so many internal struggles that it became evident that the 2 acting leaders could not come to an agreement on how to proceed. Pillars of War saw this opportunity and began to poach members directly from their pact-mates, and then just before 50cents could come back to pick up the pieces, their leaders fled to join new teams. This began a mass exodus that left Titans falling fast. Most of the team is still around, but it has splintered into 3 separate groups.

2. Would you say that was a big win for the ‘coalition’?

The coalition has had its ups and downs. A major win for the coalition has been the amazing way that each team has been able to get to know each other, and trust in each other to defend against enemy attacks. Many takeovers have been thwarted due to excellent communication between members of the various coalition alliances.

3. Will the ‘coalition’ continue to exist?

Our enemies still exist, though they have changed flags. I do not believe the coalition as we know it will continue to exist. Legions has developed some interesting pact-mates out of this era, and I know that many of these will continue for a long, long time.

4. Do you guys have the same enemies, new ones, or both?

The enemies remain the same, with a few new ones added. Recruiting in ocean 43 has given us a new battlefront where Federation of Buccaneers once was. Aside from these players, the only thing that has changed are the flags.

Pillars of War has become our biggest threat, and we have known this for some time. Them, and their new found pet project WAR KINGS, have built a fortress out of ocean 44. We've entered this new theatre of war, and I hope that it will be a very long battle.
[/spr]

Pretty much same enemies! The war continues! (just new flags)

And now last but certainly not least, another interview with zDrunkMonkey from the mighty Pillars of War:

[spr]

1. As I am sure you might have an idea of what caused Titans to fall. What do you think was the main issue that caused that?

Top alliances only fall when there are lots of issues. I'd probably point to a lack of active players as the biggest problem especially with the size of the front line they had.

2. Would you say that was a big win for the 'coalition’?

Absolutely - server could even be over. Was very bad watching the implosion. A lot of their player were sort of sleep walking through the whole tragedy like they thought it wasn't actually happening.

3. Do you think the same problem that happened to the Titans will happen to PoW?

We're at risk for sure. We're at about 120 - 130 (including WAR KINGS) actives, but we probably need to fill those extra slots with players to keep the server going. We're up against about 400 players right now.

4. Do you guys have the same enemies or new ones or both?

Same ones....except FOB is pretty much done.

That's a tough one - Incognito still plays us better, but LOD has been coming along lately. They must have finally found some good grepolis blogs.

[/spr]

Those grepolis blogs must of been a requirement to read in the Legions since they are number one alliance now!

Sink or Swim - In the Spotlight
RIOT

Founded by majormoody93 and ranked at number 6 in this world and 10 in fighting BP. Not bad for an alliance that is growing from the rim to join the fight in the core. This alliance has been given credit to the help of taking out The Necromongers, and so I am very impressed with them and would like to see how they continue the fight now against the same players under the Legions name.

Verdict: SWIM!

8nCno.png

Special Interview

Here I have an interview with majormoody93 from the uncontrollable RIOT
[spr]
1. As an alliance who is pretty far from the core of the world, what are your thoughts on the 'coalition' (Legions + Incog)?
Well my thoughts about the Coalition arent much right now. We havent really ran into them but we have fought alliances like them before and won so we shall see.

2. Would your alliance consider allying with the 'coalition' or the 'Rebels' (Pillars of War, BurbVision, War Kings)?
We are pacted with BurbVision and we had been working together on taking out necros.

3. The Necromongers have now disbanded to join other alliances, would you say that was a big win for your alliance?
I wouldnt call it a big win. The server is still young and i expect the top 10 to change a lot still in the upcoming months,

4. In your opinion, did the Necros put up a good fight?
HAHA Trick question right? lol No everyone we ran into it was pretty easy to beat them. We did have some players put up a good fight but they were/are a terrible alliance for support and help doing anything.

5. Your alliance has now made it to the top 10 in this world, do you think that will put a target on you all ?

No more then we already have. But we always welcome the challenge. :)
[/spr]
The Legions better watch out, new enemy to fight here.

Fall of the Titans

The story everyone wants to know! The story that has so MANY different sides! Which one to believe? Well, the fall of the Titans is a story that has happened before in this game. But I wonder? 50cents & T1TAN (RIP ex founders of the Titans) must of not been so knowledgeable in the greek mythology history about the titans. I will give them a bit of the history of Titanomachy (“War of the Titans”)! They lose the war!! And now they lost it again thanks to the help of the same gods who took them out before. History repeating itself.
Now to the the fall of the Titans in Delphi. It all started with the top players leaving into VM mode then the founder 50cents decided he was going to take a two week vacation (which I guess did not sound bad, he got the alliance to number one spot and were doing pretty good). But the problem was he left no one in charge, you would think that the other founder T1TAN would run it but seems like he had NO power to. So the alliance was leaderless, then starting to loose players due to real life issues. Then the massive coalition was created to take them down with PoW. And so it went down hill for the Titans. Players started to loose cities, players starting to argue in between themselves, some leaders took some action but it was not good enough for other players half wanted to fight the Necros and the others wanted the Legions, and so players starting leaving and the rest is history! You know what happened now! We have Pillars of War stronger than ever & the new BurbVision concentrating on one enemy.

8mjJu

The Titans have now been locked up back in the cage! We shall see if anyone dares to set them back free in the future!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Second Page:

Current Events

Breaking News: The Necromongers
Top alliances are starting to fall like dominos here in Delphi, today was the fall of the secretive Necromongers. They were ranked number three alliance and had good fighting BP but seems like they were not able to hold the fight against the new and improved BurbVison allied with the new and upcoming RIOT. I guess no one else wished to convert and they just ‘perished’, some joined the ‘Rebellion’ (Pillars of War, BurbVision WAR KINGS,) as I like to call them or RIOT and others including founder DarkGunXSword joined the Legions. Interesting turn of events, we have top alliances falling from both sides. This past events have really changed this whole world. We have newer, growing alliances coming up the ranks and they can also make a big impact on who they decide to ally with. So now while the members get comfortable in the new alliances, anything can happen. And so the horns of war continue to blow! What are anyones thoughts? Have this newer mergers made alliances stronger or weaker?

8nvSn.jpg

World Map
Here is a map showing most of the alliances in Delphi.

[spr]
8nuOb.png

8nuMF.png

[/spr]

DeletedUser

Player - In The Spotlight:
Goddess Nyx

She was a leader of the Titans, and was in to see the whole mess she was left with. (Yes she is a female player). I don’t know much about her but I wanted to ask a few questions about why she decided to join the former enemy instead of staying with players who she had fought along side with. From what I have been able to gather she was VERY upset at pretty much everything. Some of the players who played under her described her as a ‘control freak’ someone who had to have the last word and would get upset very quick. Some of her former players are even happy to see that she left them? Seems to be that she was the problem and decided she would probably be a better fit in the legions? (Let’s hope she is not trying to be a control freak over there) Now what do the people think? Traitor? Or she had pretty much no choice?

Her response to me:
[spr]
I guess I have not made it high enough for her to even know what I do. It was not for me to care? It was for my readers to know! I can see she does have plenty of attitude.
8nA8j.png

8ouZe

[/spr]

After she saw the newspaper she fell in love with it that she decided to give us an insight of her experience in Titans. here is the main RESPONSE of her to the PEOPLE!

[spr]
8ozFf.png

Ouch, bad mess. (( You might want to Zoom In click here for a bigger image))
[/spr]

True or Rumor? You Decide.

New ‘Rebellion Coalition’ being formed to take down the Legions.

HazzardWarning cowardly remaining in vacation mode.

Spy working for Pillars of War in the Legions alliance.

Vegetables to merge into PoW and start attacking the Legions.

DeletedUser

Colonization Update

PointsOld OwnerNew OwnerOld AllianceNew Alliance
4574AreaguernedglillzLegion of DoomBurbVision
11,144AreaguernedurwillLegion of DoomBurbVision
6538PaletamosVreeDogNightFak you allLegion of Death

RIP
In this section we will have some of the top alliance who are gone now.

SS ATAK FAMILY

Didact

Savage Subjugation

Pinky and the Brain

Titanomachy

Lockdown

Federation of Buccaneers

Titans

The Necromongers

DeletedUser

Letter to the Editor:
Point of view of the world of Delphi from drewshoe.

Click here to see his letter to me: http://puu.sh/8otWi.png

What do you all think who are on outside watching the fight? Agree with the wise words? or Disagree?

That's all folks!

Unfortunately that's it for this issue.
Please leave all suggestions and/or questions below. Happy hunting and see you next issue! And if you feel I am wrong about something, feel free to contact me as well.

And don't forget to feed your chicken!

DeletedUser

Each one keeps getting better! been waiting for this one and it didn't disappoint!

DeletedUser

Took me an hour and a half to read this article. This is very well done. What i can get from this newspaper is that its a really chaotic world aand Titans fell because they had bad leadership and CM is very happy because...his alliance is on the winning team LOL

DeletedUser

Player - In The Spotlight:
Goddess Nyx

She was a leader of the Titans, and was in to see the whole mess she was left with. (Yes she is a female player). I don’t know much about her but I wanted to ask a few questions about why she decided to join the former enemy instead of staying with players who she had fought along side with. From what I have been able to gather she was VERY upset at pretty much everything. Some of the players who played under her described her as a ‘control freak’ someone who had to have the last word and would get upset very quick. Some of her former players are even happy to see that she left them? Seems to be that she was the problem and decided she would probably be a better fit in the legions? (Let’s hope she is not trying to be a control freak over there) Now what do the people think? Traitor? Or she had pretty much no choice?

Her response to me:
[spr]
I guess I have not made it high enough for her to even know what I do. It was not for me to care? It was for my readers to know! I can see she does have plenty of attitude.
8nA8j.png

[/spr]

True or Rumor? You Decide.

New ‘Rebellion Coalition’ being formed to take down the Legions.

HazzardWarning cowardly remaining in vacation mode.

Spy working for Pillars of War in the Legions alliance.

Vegetables to merge into PoW and start attacking the Legions.

Sorry, but you did not explain who you were or what this was about. Given that there is so much backstabbing that can go on in these games, it's a valid question of someone who I had no idea who he was or why he was asking.

DeletedUser9694

Sorry, but you did not explain who you were or what this was about. Given that there is so much backstabbing that can go on in these games, it's a valid question of someone who I had no idea who he was or why he was asking.

Great point Goddess Nyx.

I hope it didn't come across as rude, and I would have responded the same.
You're an awesome player ^_^

DeletedUser

man was that drewshoe guy wrong about the Necromongers. convert or PERISH

DeletedUser

*UPDATE* Just for those who already read it, I updated it. Please check out Letter to Editor and Player - In the Spotlight.

DeletedUser9994

i was in The Necromongers :'( we started off kicking Titans butt! Then once BurbVision popped up most of the players in the alliance got scared. All of the suddon, communication stopped, Ops were getting delayed, players stopped participating. this was the fall of The Necromongers. Now its the rise of BurbVision!

DeletedUser

Goddess Nyx a nazi? Kinda funny you now saying you did not want to be leader or be in charge but when the power was given to you, you went crazy with it, everything had to be your way or the high-way on the forums. Well, I can say that you probably are better off in the Legions who are pretty much like nazis wanting the whole world to join them and do what they say with still 4+ academies. Incog & veggies are so deep in Legion's pocket that they don't realize they are just puppets being used.

How much gold did DarkGunXSword pay up to be upgraded from Legion of Doom to Legion of Death? I also wonder why he was not invited to Incog? Since they are all the same? [[probably because only one alliance can win here and Legion of Death is looking for that using it's 4 academies and 2 pacts to help them get there..]]

PS Titans still live! just waiting for the right moment to be released again to cause mayhem! Sorry MRA nazi LEGIONS you still have won no war. thisisgrepolis