The CHI - Issue Two

DeletedUser

The Chi
Issue 2
Because coming up with a punny name was too difficult.

Welcome to the second issue of the Chi. This issue has been done by me since we have not heard any updated from -Mystogan-. This newspaper will still have the same format as the last one done. I will try to keep it as entertaining as possible, specially since the “peace” breaks will be coming up. Hope you guys enjoy! *Credit for format goes to -Mystogan-.*

Interviews

First of all an interview with kid cudi from Angry Penguins:

[spr]1. You guys were the number one alliance but now have been passed up by Numbers & Figures in rankings, AP, & BP. What are your thoughts on them?

They are a great alliance, We definitely respect what they have been able to do. We are interested in how they fare in the coming months and want to see if they can hold that spot as we are working hard to get that spot back ;)

2. What makes your alliance the best in this world?

I think what makes us a good alliance is the fact that we set our selves up in great locations. We are not too spread apart and we try to take cities near each other. Location, Location. I don't think we are the best however at least not yet as I expect us to get better week by week.

3. You guys took out the “promising” Patriots (RIP). Would you say they gave a good fight or not? And how’d that victory feel?

Can't really say it was a good fight as there was not much fighting. They basically just disbanded... maybe due to the pressure of the War.

4. Which alliance has surprised you the most?

No real surprises in our oceans, sort of disappointing :(

5. Finally, you guys share some islands with CHIguanas does that mean a pact or NAP has been set up?

Diplomacy is something that we do not really discus outside of the alliance. Sorry

[/spr]

NO discussing diplomacy outside the forums! GOT IT!

Next up we have jham4u of the CHIguanas:

[spr]1. You guys still remain a relatively small alliance compared to the rest, do you think this ill be an issue in the future?

Our size is a strength, not a weakness. Besides how can you say we are relatively small when we are the 4th largest alliance in this world, and number 3 in attacking in fighting. We are easily the tightest, strongest alliance in this world. Its not the quantity of players you have,but the quality

This game is about more than making troops and taking cities. We are a legitimate team in every sense of the word. We all know each other by name, know whats goin on they're RL, what they do, where they are from... etc. We have a bond that i believe is rivaled by none. We will never have to worry about an internal fallout or spies entering our alliance. When you add to this combination, the fact that the alliance is compiled of the baddest mofos in the grepo universe, then you can start to understand why we are the best alliance is this world. And if you havent figured it out yet, then you soon will.

3. Name two alliance you would like to see go to war with each other?

I dont really pay too much attention to alliances outside of our attack zone so i dont really care who goes to war with who. I gues i would like to see see CHIguanas vs "insert any alliance here"

4. Which alliance has surprised you the most?

the alliance that has surprised me the most has to be The Black Company, i had a decent amount of respect for these guys before goin to war with them, i was shocked at how quickly they collapsed after our attacks started. Folded like a blanket.

5. You guys share some islands with Angry Penguins does that mean a pact has been set up?

Sorry but we do not answer any questions related to our in game strategy in open forum [/spr]

agh! Well who do Angry Penguins & CHIgunas think they are fooling? They both gave almost the same answer about them sharing islands! Well then I will just have to jump to a conclusion that they do have a pact but don’t want anyone to know! Anyone disagrees?

And last, but certainly not least, an interview with American Standard from the mighty alliances Numbers and Figures & the rest of the academies!:

[spr]
1. So there are rumors that you guys are wanna be Numbers & Figures from Lambda world? What do you say about this?

I have heard those rumors also...;)...I have also heard that they can shoot lightning out of there butts, oh wait, that is true this time <---(Braveheart Reference)...LOL...We are indeed, one in the same! In all honesty, I take full responsibility for that outcome even though there were some dynamics which were out of my control! THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN! For the record, had the council listened to me, NAF would still be in existence and at the top of that world!

The members! I am but a conductor of some great gaming talent! All credit goes to the members!

3. Which alliance has surprised you the most?

I can't really say I am surprised by much in these worlds anymore...:)...It is my job to not be surprised!

4. What made Numbers & Figures have an academy so early in the game?

Great question and I am glad you asked! When we first started using Acads. early in greps history they were implemented properly! Since those days the MRA's have given an Acad. a bad name! We have now successfully revived the true "Acad." usage! Even many of the "experienced" players still look down on Acads. This only goes to show there lack of said experience.

5. Do you see Numbers and Figures winning this world?

I try not to concern myself with the idea of winning a world this early but I see no reason that we won't be one of the top alliances' competing for this honor.
[/spr]

There you have it folks! American Standard took some time to answer a few questions!

Well then, now it's time for the Sink or Swim!

Sink or Swim - In the Spotlight

On this issue I will be talking about two alliances, first lucky one selected was…….Order of The Albatross!

Well, I will start this by saying I don’t know much about the founder Caesar12690 nor the members of the alliance. But it seems as the founder has had failed attempts in other past worlds. I believe he got lucky on this one and got to be in a safe place for now that allowed them to grow fairly quick. Out in ocean 75 mainly, ranking #3 but #5 in fighters under smaller alliances. Well I did some research on them on grepostats and seems as they are definetely running on luck! They are colonizing small cities, or cities in much smaller alliances or with no alliance at all. This guys need to start going after bigger players so that they can earn some sort of respect around here, right?

[spr]
5VB6t.png

[/spr]

Verdict: Swim FOR NOW!

Next one are The Legion of Death!

Well, I don’t even know where to begin with this alliance. I have kept an eye on this one from the beginning since I thought they would be the alliance to beat in one of the cores. Well I couldn’t of been so wrong! They seem to be letting member from alliances being disbanded due to loosing a war. So far they have let Patriots(RIP) players merge into them and now The Black Company(RIP) players are merging into them. NO BUENO! I also believe the leaders of the alliance are going inactive, seems like they are slowly being conquered one by one by the lizard people CHIguanas. This alliance is just playing on borrowed time!

[spr]
5VBcU.png

[/spr]

Verdict: SINK!

Colonization Update

PointsOld OwnerNew OwnerOld AllianceNew Alliance
5097FenFarkleAmerican StandardVirusNumbers & Figures
771Just JoeZanthz88VelociraptureVelocirapture
5070AbandonedSylfoxnoneNumbers and Figures
3574ShadowkillerrMavro GatosNumbers and FiguresLost.
Note: This is purely what was on Grepostats at the time of posting.

We are now in the 5th week (going onto the 6th) of this world being opened so far it might be getting boring. Let’s hope that the bigger alliance are not becoming best friends forever and have pacts with each other. I would really enjoy seeing all the outside core alliance going after Numbers and Figures! & the iguanas vs the penguins! Now that will be interesting topics around here!

Special Interview

Now time for the special interview! I decided why not interview the ex-founder of the “promising” Patriots(RIP) decky66!

[spr]1. What do you think was the biggest downfall that caused your alliance “Patriots” to fall apart?

We recruited too many people and became a little careless, then four people left and then everyone else started to also.

2. Angry Penguins, Number and Figures, or CHIguanas? Which do you see winning this world?

None, but of the choices Numbers and Figures. They have surpassed AP in almost everything and American Standard seems to be a great leader. CHIguanas is too small, Quality over Quantity, until WW time

3. What is the great decky66 up to now? Are you currently running an alliance in another world?

Right now I am the forum mod of Savage Subjugation in Psi, and I am considering trying to start up another premade in a few months

4. Any tips/suggestions you would give to someone who plans on starting an alliance in the future?

Be very selective of who you invite

5. Do you hold any grudges against Angry Penguins?

No, we didn't really fight them, we fell due to internal issues.

[/spr]

Ahh, well decky66 is no longer playing in this world but he is still keeping our “Milestones” updated, nice job! I will say he is a great guy and well good luck on your next attempt on running an alliance!
Oh and I might of given Angry Penguins a bit to much credit on taking down Patriots(RIP). Internal issues was downfall NOT Angry Penguins ;)

True or Rumor? You decide.

1. Numbers & Figures will be ready to strike and declare war on Angry Penguins after the “peace” breaks.

2. CHIguanas looking for alliance to merge into, due to low member count, and members already going “inactive”.

3. Talks among The Purge leaders and Legion of Death leaders to form a “coalition” to take down the Iguanas.

4. Boondock Saints & Order of The Albatross seeking mercy from Numbers & Figures.

RIP
In this section we will have some of the top alliance who are gone now.

1. The Holy Roman Legion

2. Excalibur

3. Patriots

4. The Black Company

That's all folks!

Please leave all suggestions and/or questions below. Happy hunting and see you next issue! And remember to enjoy your holidays! After all, some of you won’t be able to loose your city during that time, so enjoy a cold one! And big thanks to all the players who took the time and put effort into answering the questions! [:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

nice job ^^ I love this server because of no morale setting.

The only thing I dislike is there are very few good players in this server

and there are only three relevant alliance....

DeletedUser

Nice job. Only 3 alliances in Chi worth discussing right now.

DeletedUser

Okay guys! updated the interview section with American Standard. Check it out! And don't forget to drop suggestions and/or questions here. Anything ya would like to see on the next issue feel free to contact me.

DeletedUser

Good work on this Matangi, tis better than what I'd have been able to produce this time around so nice work =]

Merry christmas to all! I'll be talking with Matangi about the next issue so stay tuned on the details of The Chi and the next issue!

DeletedUser

As part of the Order of the Albatross this issue was especially interesting. I am sure our starting location helped with our initial growth/safety. My defense would be that we have not had as many large cities to conquest as a result from being so isolated.
Regardless, I can't see us begging from mercy from any alliance and in the wise words of A.S. "the only act of war is joining a war game".

DeletedUser

well.. looks like the paper is dead (again) ... rumor has it this guy Matangi was really American Standard which would explain the extreme bias (against CHIaguanas and for N&F) in the paper as well as it dying right when AS goes inactive in game... coincidence?

regardless if this rumor is true or not tho... anyone feel like picking this back up? whether bias or not these are still pretty entertaining to read

DeletedUser

well.. looks like the paper is dead (again) ... rumor has it this guy Matangi was really American Standard which would explain the extreme bias (against CHIaguanas and for N&F) in the paper as well as it dying right when AS goes inactive in game... coincidence?

regardless if this rumor is true or not tho... anyone feel like picking this back up? whether bias or not these are still pretty entertaining to read

Ha, well I am not AS. I did not think this paper was biased in any way. And I would do another paper if players were willing to answer some of my questions or message me more interesting rumors or true statements to spread around this world. I try to get "leaders" and some other members involved but no one responds to me in messages, so much I can do.

DeletedUser

Here is a truth for the next issue.

The bigger they are - The harder they fall

thisisgrepolis