The Butchers constant attacks

DeletedUser

I am a relatively new player in Ocean 57, I started last month. I was originally asked to join The Butchers but by the time I could answer my original city was conquered by The Butchers. When I responded to join I was told the alliance was full and I would have to wait for an opening. Since then I have been constantly attacked. The latest attacks were four on Friday and seven today. With all these attacks it is hard to build my city. I guess I don't understand the game. Is there a reason why I am being targeted?

DeletedUser

At this point in the game, pretty much anyone unallianced or in a different alliance than the one that controls that home ocean would be attacked and either turned into resource/bp farms or outright conquered. It's tough to start on a server that's months old in an established ocean.

DeletedUser

Thanks for the input. I now have 8 attacks heading at me. They didn't want me as a member of the alliance but they want my city pretty bad....

DeletedUser4951

I'd suggest sniping if you're committed to playing here. Don't get discouraged you can win and maybe even be accepted into a decent alliance. But it takes some good personal management.

DeletedUser

The problem is The Butchers land locked themselves with pacts so all they have to do till December is pick on tiny cities that are unpacted.

DeletedUser

Thanks for the input. I am relatively new and don't know what sniping is. Can you tell me more?

I was attacked 8 times last night and have four more coming right now. I asked why I was being attacked and the guy said its because I am in Ocean 57 and have the highest number in my alliance. I only started playing a month ago and just founded my second city three days ago and now I am out of troops and after two earthquakes my wall is dropped a few levels. It is frustrating and hard to play when all I can do is try and build troops. Looking for advice here. Should I stay and fight or fold up my tent and leave this world? I appreciate any advice you can give me.

DeletedUser

Well I fought as long as I could. The last wave got me and he took my city. What a shame.. When I first asked why he was attacking me he said I pushed his CS whatever that means. Considering I don't know what that is, I know I didn't do it. Then he said it was because I was in Ocean 57 and I had a high number in my alliance and I must be the leader (which is wrong). He said he was taking my city and I could keep my new one. Great, it is directly across from that one. Do I feel safe in building that city? Absolutely not. Everything he did was based on supposition. And now I am angry.

I hope they are all happy with themselves and their relentless tactics...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6813

That's the game mate. Always painful when all that "clicking" ends up like that. Get your wall up to make farming you expensive, remember to enlist your militia if possible and if you can get a cs built send it into another area at some point. Real estate in a core ocean is always coveted. A player like you is worth having in an alliance because you try hard. Good luck and I hope you don't give up.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

thanks for the input and your kind words. I actually timed it so I could use the militia twice since the attacks were spread apart. He took my wall from level 20 to 12 I built it back to 13 but didn't have time to do anything else before he took my city. There was no way I could build a CS. I was spending all my resources on troops. Now I am sitting directly across from him on an island with no farms or other cities.

DeletedUser

I think I can vouch that you weren't offered a spot in the alliance. I know you wrote me and I told you tough luck. You're a new player in an aging server where endgame has all but established itself. You're better off going to a newer server or if you like we can take your last city and send you to the rim where lots of the players have fairly new cities to allow you to grow and improve.

I'm sorry, but as everyone will attest that's just the way of the game. We don't recruit brand new players.

Borys I was wondering why you weren't on the rim yet, then I realized you have 1 city left and it's reserved for a TR member. Morighan would you hurry up and have your people send this guy to the rim? ;-) If not, then we will need to remove the reserve and take it.