The Arep Doctrine Pnp.

DeletedUser

Arep made a Doctrine about how to defeat Dynamis/Mafia and other allies in their war...

This pnp is to examine how well his strategy has worked for him.

1. The Doctrine Itself.
• ARep The Inner Circle I 2013-10-16 04:50
There has been some talk on where to place our focus and I feel that players sometimes get
caught up on their personal front and mix it into the needs of the alliance.
http://grepointel.com/map.php?server=us11&ref=1nhd17nw8lsnnj90x4102vxerrogtnbg613ui44
The link above will show you the world of our allies in yellow and our enemies in red. From this
map it's easy to overlook some important details that I will point out. First off, it's easy to see that
our enemies control more ground then our pacted allies. However, when you take a look at the
composition of forces worldwide, you'll see our coalition to be much more compacted. Ocean 55
probably has more cities in it than any other ocean and probably by a long shot. Our enemies on
the other hand are much more loosely distributed. This indicates that our enemies, including The Order, don't really intend to invade 55 or any other ocean. We stand alone with our
aggressive ideals and mflip with all his wisdom confirmed his coalition's strategy with some of
the comments he made during Firestorm.
Our enemy for the most part has taken towards a growth based strategy that I've come to call
"Simming" (from Sim City). Consult the rankings and you'll find that our enemies control the
point theater, but we dominate all the fighter statistics. So, how our are enemies reaching culture
levels of 50+ cities when they're not accumulating nearly as much bp as IC and RIOT?
Easy,
most of you already assume gold has something to do with it. But, I wouldn't be surprised if
some of the 40 city players are just milking city festivals with maxed out mines. In the long run
this growth based strategy will beat our aggressive strategy if they are able to hold enough
ground to build wonders.
World wonders require massive amounts of favor, so simmers will easily be able to out-build
non-simmers or "warriors." Just picture a simmer with 100 cities all with level 25 temples vs a
warrior with only 50 cities. So how to does a warring alliance beat a simming alliance?
Well, the warring alliance could spend a lot of gold and out sim the simmers, or they could deny
the simming alliance access to strongholds. It will be impossible to eliminate an experienced
simmer if they never decide to quit, but taking away their strongholds is an entirely different
matter. In fact, they will probably be able to easily retain most of their cities and replace the ones
they lost quickly. Simmers do have one major weakness: Morale.
Because of morale, simmers will have the edge when it comes to defending, but will be
extremely weak with attacking. It took considerable thought, but over the last 24 hours I've
discovered an extremely effective strategy to combat simming alliances. I'm going to call it
"Testudo." Testudo was the name for a roman military formation that involved roman soldiers
overlapping their shields in a tightly packed box formation. This was a movable shield formation
that was often used when advancing against missile fire, like when assaulting a fortified city or
position. In grepolis we could develop our own testudo strategy by colonizing open city slots
deep into enemy territory and defending them with our rear cities. So far, we've done this more
on an individual basis and are just starting to implement this more on a mass scale. Island
170066 is a perfect example of what we need to do to defeat these simming alliances.
It's no secret, The Inner Circle is the most combat experienced alliance in Kappa. Our operations
are a testament to our advanced degree of communication and organizational skills that I highly
doubt our enemies will ever be able to match. One of the reasons why the testudo strategy will be
successful is because our enemies will need exceptional organization and communication skills
to take the forward cities. In simple terms: Testudo will force our rivals to attack us and it's
common knowledge that our adversaries are not the best attackers. It will be like assaulting a
walled city. We will be in our testudo formation with our overlapping shields defending against
the pestering arrows launched against us as we advance towards the city.
Testudo will depend on culture slots. Culture is the limiting factor, but if cities are positioned in
antagonizing locations such as Island 170066 the defensive bp gained from the "arrows"
launched against us should propel us to build more cities into even more antagonizing locations
causing further disarray to our enemies.
Building cities behind enemy lines does more than deny city slots to the enemy. It distracts
offense away from weaker players, lowers morale, and most importantly, forces the enemy to
redistribute it's defenses away from the real front lines. One thing we don't want to do is attack
directly into their shields and give them unnecessary bp. A few cities infiltrating a stronghold of
16 enemy cities will force all 16 of those cities to hold adequate defenses to prevent a revolt.
That's a lot of DLU that would have otherwise been sent to the front.
So in conclusion, The Inner Circle needs to start adopting Testudo on a much more massive
scale. The only way we're going to be able to successfully take over enemy oceans is if we build
enough cities in the ocean itself to compete against the already existing offensive and defensive
forces. Luckily most of our enemies, with an exception for The Order has not shown
considerable ability to plan efficient attacks (at least not on an IC level). Of course there will be
considerable debate on which alliance to focus against.
I will argue that our primary focus needs to remain in ocean 44, 45, and 54 against Dynamis and
The Mafia. RIOT will easily mop up *** UKW Spartan 300 *** and return to operations against
The Order. We need to trust that RIOT will be able to defeat The Order without our help. I also
would advise against providing to much assistance for RIOT against The Order. The leaders of
RIOT mentioned to me on their TS server that when all enemies are defeated there can only be
one winner and if we're the only two alliances left they would attack us. I know that's a long way
off, but looking at the world map I would consider accelerating the demise of The Order to be
very unwise. We are in-between RIOT and the rest of the world. If The Order is defeated, they
will need a new target and it would not be crazy to assume them taking a long look at IC. If that
fateful day should come, I would much rather when we've defeated The Mafia and it's pacted
allies or at least pushed them off of 44, 45, and 54.
Thoughts are welcome.
ARep

2. Arep's doctrine has led to IC/Elite/IA really frustrating Dynamis and Mafia. What has happened because of this strategy has been a culture of confusion and stealing of our slots. Arep has managed to make sure that Dynamis and Mafia never have city slots because of all the cities that Ic/IA/Elite continue to give us. They have also managed to take us away from our overall strategy of Simming and made us Warriors, obviously something we are not good at.

Since the Thanksgiving peace time, we have taken 33 cities from the combined mentioned alliances... This has really had an impact on our overall morale as most of our players have been celebrating and wanting to be warriors rather then get back to our culture of simming...

sirheffe took big chill from Johnnyboy311 1-0
cbtrialx took CB 1.5 Johnnycakes from Johnnyboy311 2-0
the real war dog took 44 wd 19-b from Olbraem 3-0
MLong1970 took NWZ-2 from Johnnyboy311 4-0
Zinger took Alabama from Aigaios 5-0
ImTheMace took Love Me Do from Lefthook 6-0
Enuk took Imperial VIII from makintora 7-0.
Tsuruchi took 26. Granville St from Johnnyboy311 8-0
Patrick1969 took We Can Work It Out from Lefthook 9-0
Skyflight took 10 Johnny B-Gone from Johnnyboy311 10-0
tjs314159 took 1.4.Lugo from Johnnyboy311 11-0
wall09 took Mira from Johnnyboy311 12-0
cbtrialx took CB 1.0 Pequod from Olbraem 13-0
Cupdeez took Grp 9 Sup 6 from Johnnyboy311 14-0
Phid took 44 ZBA Phid 485 472 from Johnnyboy311 15-0
cbtrialx took 44 - 016 from Lord Reitzel 16-0
VanDusen took Dead C from Olbraem 17-0
Cephas Frost took AK-47 from digityd 18-0
kjcrunner2323 took JOHNNY BE BAD from Johnnyboy311 19-0
SouthPoint Warrior took Nocona TX 44-01 from Johnnyboy311 20-0
anujd took Twist and Shout from Lefthook 21-0
ImTheMace took Day Tripper from Lefthook 22-0
Lazerus24 took Saxa from Johnnyboy311 23-0
Deetony took 44 too bad 32 from r4psurf4ce 24-0
Cupdeez took Grp 9 Sup 7 from Lord Reitzel 25-0
Deetony took 44 blue bird 33 from Keithlei 26-0
Cupdeez took Grp 3 Sup 2 from Forks 27-0
sirheffe took dire straits from Lefthook 28-0
kjcrunner2323 took KJC56 from Algelo 29-0
Tsuruchi took 27. Goethals from Lefthook 30-0
cbtrialx took CB 3.4 Ladel from Forks 31-0
cbtrialx took CB 3.3 Dish Soap from Forks 32-0
Cupdeez took Grp 5 Sup 3 from Forks 33-0

Lastly Arep has managed to really frustrate us with the stacking of one city behind our lines while his allies lose dozens...

http://puu.sh/5BtVZ.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

wow a pnp in Kappa. i must admit i skipped a bit as my attention span is not that good but i get the gist of it.

i do know one thing he got right, we did mop up the spartans :p

W4RR10R

Chilliarch
Everybody knows colonising, and turtling up, is the way to beat an alliance. It's obviously the best tactic you could ever employ.

DeletedUser

if THE ORDER are simmers and not warriors than how do you make sense of the fact we're about 3/4 million points ahead in the alliance attacker list?

DeletedUser7789

Sure, you guys have been doing well but lemme just point out that half those cities are inactives and cities of active players are more important than inactive ones.

But this has changed, We barely are losing any cities anymore besides Immortal alliance losing some of Forks cities(Who is inactive btw).

I could say a lot more than this but Ill save it for a better time.

@Windycitymac Your alliance has the most Abp overall but If you put IC and IC2 together, we crush your abp stats with 4762226 opposed to your alliance abp which is 3565322.

Lol and if your trying to say your alliance is full of warriors...think again.

Every single conquer is an Odor inactive. Definition of simmer right here.
http://grepointel.com/track.php?server=us11&server=us11&pn=carlosias&dow=all&rt=conquest

DeletedUser

Sure, you guys have been doing well but lemme just point out that half those cities are inactives and cities of active players are more important than inactive ones.

But this has changed, We barely are losing any cities anymore besides Immortal alliance losing some of Forks cities(Who is inactive btw).

I could say a lot more than this but Ill save it for a better time.

@Windycitymac Your alliance has the most Abp overall but If you put IC and IC2 together, we crush your abp stats with 4762226 opposed to your alliance abp which is 3565322.

Lol and if your trying to say your alliance is full of warriors...think again.

Every single conquer is an Odor inactive. Definition of simmer right here.
http://grepointel.com/track.php?server=us11&server=us11&pn=carlosias&dow=all&rt=conquest

Imma, Keithlie is inactive? What about Olbraem? What about Johnnyboy? What about R4p? What about Makintora? What about Algelo? So in other words out of the 33 I listed - 10 out of 33 were inactives. So we took 23 active cities? Now quick question for the Great Warrior, how many cities of ours has Ia,IC,IC II, and Elite taken lately... I think the stats are 94-9 in the last 30 days. So u are losing cities from both actives and Inactives and we are taking cities without losing any right now!

DeletedUser7789

Lol olby has been slowly losing interest in the game and slipped into yellow a few times. Idk much about johnny and makintora and Algelo.

Im not trying to burst your bubble, Im just stating the facts. You guys have had a good time taking our cities but that has all stopped. The last few conquest have failed probably due to a few snipes from your truly :D

Now let me answer the question you asked the great warrior :p

As much as it hurts to say this, a lot of our members are in full defense mode right now due to your alliances attacks. We cant really use swords in a decent attack now can we?

But you just wait, I got my offense coming together again and you know I bring the thundaaaa when I get all my cities in on the fun.

DeletedUser

Yea, its been over a month since we have seen your offense successful. :) We had fun smashing the attempt last time. How bout you try for one of mine. :) I can use the dbp to take some more from IC.

DeletedUser

and how many people in your 2 alliances do you need to match the attack points of our 1 "simmer" alliance?

DeletedUser3784

Wow, Arep (who hasn't played much in the past two months) really got under your skin to bring your beef with him here.

It's just a game dude. No need for the temper tantrum.

DeletedUser

LOL... I am smiling, no temper tantrum here. Just thought the world should see his Doctrine and how he was going to destroy us and its results.

DeletedUser

The World is definitely watching flip.

In all honestly I am touched to see my name become so widespread.

DeletedUser7749

All we are watching is enemy cities fall... We also have a pool going for who is running to vacation mode next.

DeletedUser

The world has always been watching me. Not like that has ever changed. You guys wanted this battle. Just fun to see what you thought of everyone. Guess the fact that we arent all simmers surprised you. Wonder how Riot is taking your strategy of not helping them much vs the order so you can defeat them as well. We even agreed on no more spies, yet you still sent Imma over to do just that. Btw I believe your doctrine shows that you play to win, whats wrong if I do the same. Esp when we are told again that we are just simmers and take dozens of cities from you and your allies.

DeletedUser7801

Lol olby has been slowly losing interest in the game and slipped into yellow a few times. Idk much about johnny and makintora and Algelo.

Im not trying to burst your bubble, Im just stating the facts. You guys have had a good time taking our cities but that has all stopped. The last few conquest have failed probably due to a few snipes from your truly :D

Now let me answer the question you asked the great warrior :p

As much as it hurts to say this, a lot of our members are in full defense mode right now due to your alliances attacks. We cant really use swords in a decent attack now can we?

But you just wait, I got my offense coming together again and you know I bring the thundaaaa when I get all my cities in on the fun.

so in other words IC and pact alliances are now the simmers :mad:

DeletedUser3937

Perhaps IC's new strategy is to make it so easy for us to win that we get bored.

DeletedUser7805

If active players are taking the inactive ones...

I think it's funny that players that are behind me in ABP's are calling me a sim player btw :)

DeletedUser

I wanted to post this so you guys can't keep saying this battle is longer then 7-14 days.. Below are the totals since the server opened. I also want to point out that inactive or active players in your alliance are still part of your team. KICK THEM OUT OF YOUR ALLIANCE if you don't want to claim them as part of your team. Don't make excuses why we cap players in your alliance because we don't.

Dynamis vs IC I - 17 to 23
Dynamis vs IC II - 38 to 5
Dynamis vs Elite - 17 to 6
Dynamis vs IA - 63 to 6
--------------------------
Total: 135 to 40

DeletedUser7789

I have a lot to catch up on. I was banned for a little bit because of my name :D

@mflip rep didnt send me over to do it. I made that choice by myself. I can send you the messages if you want?

@skippio lol you cant ridicule my allies for using vm. Your allies have done it in the past.

@Anujd Dont have much else to say to you. Your revolting all the players on the island we share. Why cant you revolt me? I need the dbp bad.

@onitake idk....We will see. Bring it to me ingame! Your alliance seems to be avoiding me.

@Rockyroad Never said you were a simmer. But you probably use gold and buy slots like the rest of my enemies do. I dont do anything with gold. If I was rich like you, I would probably be up there with you :p

DeletedUser7812

Rockyroad, i think your alliance has a few great players (including yourself) but your big dogs are complete simmers. Look at Carlosias and KurtK, Sim city champions! I can't even remember the last time I've seen carlosias attack anyone (besides of course every inactive in your alliance) and KurtK is almost as good (bad?) at simming. But i foolishly decided to attack him a few times and gave him some bp so his stats aren't completely terrible, but still not very impressive.