Terminology Bank

DeletedUser

Alright, so. Awhile ago I thought it might be useful to start a thread in the en forums to collect as much Grepolis terminology as I could and so I did. I got to thinking perhaps it might also be useful to put it here as well. If anyone has anything to add, feel free to do so. (If such a thread does exist here, I apologize.)

(Credits go to the forum members and grepolis wiki)

Example of what I mean. BP- battle points. Battle points: Points awarded for defeating enemy troops.

CS- Colony Ship: Used to conquer or settle cities.

LS- Light Ship: An offensive ship.

Bir- Bireme: A defensive ship.

FS- Fire ship: A defensive ship that destroys one ship along with itself.

TS- Transports: Used to transport units

FTS- Fast Transports: Used to transport units

Tri's- Triemes: Triemes are the only balanced naval unit.

Manti's- Manticores

Pegs- Pegasus

Cerbs- Cerberus: A mythical unit under Hades that has enormous defensive potential

Harps- Harpies: A mythical unit under Hera with 266 blunt attack, it flies

SL- Slinger: Offensive land unit.

Hops- Short for hoplites.

Cats- Catapults: Offensive land units that bring down wall levels

OLU- Offensive land units

ALU- Attacking land units: Another word for OLU.

DLU- Defensive land units

RR- Red Revolt: The latter period in a revolt.

BR- Blue Revolt: The stage of revolt before a CS can be landed.

BP- I've heard of three types, battle points, beginner points, beginner protection. Battle points: see example above. Beginner points: Points gained during beginner protection in start of a world. Beginner protection: the period of time you have before you can be attacked and spied upon.

Turtle- A player who mainly sticks to defense, stacking tons of defensive units in his/her city(s).

Simmer- A player who acts like this is sim city, and only builds, does not attack, and usually stacks defense much like a turtle.

Goldwhore- A player that buys and uses large amounts of gold, usually resulting in a higher ranking.

Gold- The Grepolis 'virtual currency'. Used to shorten building times, unit training times, and many other things

Dodge- Moving your troops out of your city into one close by during an incoming attack to save them.

Rim- The edge of the world where new players and refugee players are sent.

Rimmed- Sending someone to the rim by conquering their last village.

Nuke- An attack consisting of one type of unit (eg. a slinger nuke of 1000 slingers only)

Sniping- The act of landing defensive units between the last attack and a CS or offensive units between a CS and the first support with the aim of killing the CS to prevent a seige occuring.

Sharpshooter- A play that aims to snipe an enemy cs by timing support between the last attack and cs.

Stacking- The act of placing a large amount of defensive units (troops or biremes) before an attack, usually with the help of alliance members.

Ops- Operations: Used to describe major military undertaking to remove a player, alliance, or group from a place where you want to be; An organized group of attacks involving multiple players.

HC- Harbor checks: The act of sending a minimal force of troops to attack a city in order to check for any naval presence.

Wall spy- To check your wall before a battle, where the units you have killed are listed, and to check after the battle (if none of your troops survived), to see how many more troops you killed.

CP- Cultural points: Used to reset academy researchs and once gained a certain amount, they increase the number of cities you can have.

CF- City festival: One way of gaining Culture points

OG- Olympic games: Another way of gaining culture points

VP- Victory Procession: The 3rd way of gaining CP through BP

TP- Theater plays: The last way to gain CP

Acad- Academy: A building used to unlock and upgrade units or buildings/battle tactics and training

Ocean- A term used for one of the 100 sectors of a world, numbers are based on a co-ordinate system

Co-ords- Co-ordinates for a city, island, or ocean, etc (457, 272)

TT- Travel time: Time taken for support, cs, etc to reach its destination.

AT- Arrival time: The time when the support, cs, etc. will land.

ETA- Estimated Time of Arrival: The estimated time it will take for the support, cs, etc. to reach its destination.

LT- Launch time: Time when an attack, etc. will be launched.

Farms- A city that is attacked continuously for resources or BP, constantly cleared out.

FV- Farming villages: AI villages on islands which you can conquer and farm periodically.

Ghost- An abandoned city left by a dead account.

Clear- When a city has no more units left.

Dead account- When the player owning the account has stopped playing, but is not ghost yet.

Internal- A conquest from one player to another in the same alliance, usually a handoff or when a player inside an alliance is inactive and their cities are taken. It is not an internal if it is a civil war.

Claim- When one player reserves a city for themselves, so everyone in the alliance knows that the city is soon to be conquested by the player who claimed it.

MPC- Max point city: A city with the most possible points, 13,716 points total.PA - Personal alliance, another player you are personally allied to independent of your alliance. Do not confuse with with Premium Account.

MRA - Mass Recruiting Alliance: An alliance that typically sends out invites to anyone and everyone without a personal message or any real requirements for joining.

Ally- An alliance you mutually co-operate with.

NAP- Non Aggression Pact: An alliance you mutually agree not to attack.

Spy- A player who joins an enemy alliance to secretly gather intelligence.

MM- Mass mail: A mail sent to multiple players.

Ceasefire- When two alliances agree to stop a war for a time.

Timed support- Units that arrive during the middle of a timed attack.

IG- In game

PM- Private message: A message that is between you and the sender (can be forwarded)

IGM- In game moderator: Moderators who enforce the rules in game.

IGN- In game name

Grepo- Shortened form of Grepolis. (If you don't know what grepolis is dot dot dot)

RL- Real Life: Life outside Grepolis.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6486

BP- I've heard of three types, battle points, beginner points, beginner protection. Battle points: see example above. Beginner points: Points gained during beginner protection in start of a world. Beginner protection: the period of time you have before you can be attacked and spied upon.

RL- Real Life: Life outside Grepolis.

I've never heard of "beginner's points"

Wait, there's a life outside of grepolis :eek:

DeletedUser8562

some stuff to add

OBA(ocean boundary agreement)

ABP, DBP, and TBP

i will add more for u later

DeletedUser10048

LTSS - Long term static support,

Ping - 2 second attack to alert a fellow player you require help,

Reset - Same as rimming,

Ally Op - Op including multiple members of the same alliance,

Multi Op - Op consisting of more than 1 alliance,

LA - Last attack,

FS - First support,

Pop - Available population in a town/city,

VM - Vacation mode,

Ghosted - When a player resets their account.

Rage Quit - The latest fashion in quitting,

Nuisance attacks - When a player sends the min pop to attack, or they send attack and recall just before the 10min period ends

Last edited by a moderator: