Taking on a larger alliance

DeletedUser

I am a noob at this game. Started a little over a week ago. Waste my time 5 minute farming and reading this forum. :)

I am trying to advance the alliance I am in by being aggressive in my area. One of the players I farm decided to join an alliance that is twice as big as mine. I got a message from the alliance(Spartans) that I should cease attacking this player(SSJericho). Instead, I decided to throw a couple of waves at him this morning. It looks like they brought in troops to support him. I destroyed their and his troops and sunk the transport ships. I did all of this after looking through grepostats and grepointel and seeing that his alliance doesn't have a taste for blood. They don't have much attacking points.

Plus, mandatory freeze of battles is taking effect later today which means I will have some time to rebuild my forces. :)

They question is, how do I take on a larger alliance?

DeletedUser

First of all, you did a GREAT job attacking that alliance, you should realize any alliance named Spartans attack NOW ;-)
As for a better, bigger alliance, try and take some cities from other, weaker people. Try and run an op with your alliance mates.
This works for me all the time

DeletedUser

Is it best to stand down from conflict with a much bigger alliance? So far they have not answered. If they do, I have some surprises for them.

A lot of their members have almost no attack points which makes me conclude that they are there just to be a big group and scare people away from attacking them. Most of their alliance is in O42, I do not want them to expand into O41.

Well, looks like I got myself in a pickle. :)

Spartans have contacted my alliance founder and are demanding that I stand down. What should I do? Quit the alliance and continue? Try talk the alliance that a bigger alliance doesn't mean squat? Start contacting larger alliances to join so I can continue my aggressions?

I don't see why I should stand down. This will send a message that all farmed players can join a protection alliance.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2385

Is it best to stand down from conflict with a much bigger alliance? So far they have not answered. If they do, I have some surprises for them.

A lot of their members have almost no attack points which makes me conclude that they are there just to be a big group and scare people away from attacking them. Most of their alliance is in O42, I do not want them to expand into O41.

Well, looks like I got myself in a pickle. :)

Spartans have contacted my alliance founder and are demanding that I stand down. What should I do? Quit the alliance and continue? Try talk the alliance that a bigger alliance doesn't mean squat? Start contacting larger alliances to join so I can continue my aggressions?

I don't see why I should stand down. This will send a message that all farmed players can join a protection alliance.

Alliances are only as good as their activity levels and ability to work with each other. Generally speaking, any alliances with any flavor of the word "sparta" in it will be bound to fail and likely has no coordination or team work. Just do what you do and build yourself and your alliance up, keep them working together, and don't fret these other alliances that are out there and don't let them bully you unless they have -earned- the right to bully properly... :)

DeletedUser

Thanks Kelt. Since I am on the rim, there are a lot of new players that I need to teach. Its exhausting but I think it will be rewarding once everything comes together.

I have now attacked a member of my enemies alliance 6 times. Each time I wiped the members and alliances support troops clean. So far I have received 5 messages with warnings, ultimatums and today a promise that I will be wiped clean.

Even if I do get wiped clean, I will fight until it is over.

DeletedUser

Good man! This world is a better place because of players like you! :)

DeletedUser

Thanks for the kind words people. For the person that decided to rain some help on my head in the game.. THANKS!!! :)

DeletedUser2385

How fare things today? Normally messages with threats and ultimatums come from those that feel their words will win in a game of chess which has always been such an oddity to me. By the way, I have so far refrained from looking you up in game to see who exactly you are from an in game perspective. But I believe you are headed in the right direction, teaching and increasing an understanding of the game and skill needed is an endless effort but well rewarded when given the opportunity to work with those that are willing.

DeletedUser

The Spartans tried to conquer me 3 days ago. They sent in 19 waves altogether. The revolt hit me so I knew the only chance was CS. I had 13 waves and a 16 second gap with the CS coming in. Timed the biremes perfectly and sunk their CS. Now they are being owned by another alliance and asking me for peace. As soon as I finish rebuilding I will start attacking them.

They had waves coming from 3 different alliances. I guess I was that big of a threat to them. They did get close to conquering me. Destroyed my complete army. Only 33 biremes remaining from my 98 fleet. Rebuilding takes time. 1654 free population in the farms.

DeletedUser7853

- Posting your current troop counts = not a good idea.
- As for their request for peace: It always makes me giggle how many only want peace when they are at risk of losing everything, rather than fostering peace before it comes to that. Lack of insight = extinction here.
- Peace? There can be no peace!

DeletedUser

Yea, we live we learn. That mistake will not happen again.(posting troops) ;)

Just started figuring out how intertwined some of these alliances are. Attacked a new MRA in my ocean that grew from 0 to 30 members in 3 days. Got a message from multiple alliances that this MRA is their small brother and I should lay off..

DeletedUser

I'm allianceless and attacking The Trinity solo. Just go for it. Play the game mechanics to your favor. I even update Trinity with reports and troop counts so they know what I have. :D

My main world is Pi. I was here testing some experiments on game mechanics and now have found fun in messing with The Trinity. If they're bigger and taking you on take advantage of the situation to learn about game mechanics. How morale affects attacks, troops and proper defense, how to counter-attack / dodge while being attacked. All useful skills to build upon and if you die here go to another world and make use of what you learn. just don't be like half of these guys who got destroyed out of their worlds and go claiming you were part of some uber-alliance in your previous world because real players don't brag like that. Those were the ones who usually got killed. :)

DeletedUser2630

I'm allianceless and attacking The Trinity solo. Just go for it. Play the game mechanics to your favor. I even update Trinity with reports and troop counts so they know what I have. :D

My main world is Pi. I was here testing some experiments on game mechanics and now have found fun in messing with The Trinity. If they're bigger and taking you on take advantage of the situation to learn about game mechanics. How morale affects attacks, troops and proper defense, how to counter-attack / dodge while being attacked. All useful skills to build upon and if you die here go to another world and make use of what you learn. just don't be like half of these guys who got destroyed out of their worlds and go claiming you were part of some uber-alliance in your previous world because real players don't brag like that. Those were the ones who usually got killed. :)

Agreed, that's why they're in a different world now and bragging. Glad to see you're messing with Trinity. I actually like Trinity in the Matrix just not in Grepolis :)

DeletedUser

I'm allianceless and attacking The Trinity solo.

My main world is Pi. I was here testing some experiments on game mechanics and now have found fun in messing with The Trinity. If All useful skills to build upon and if you die here go to another world and make use of what you learn.

http://grepointel.com/search.php?pn=dmcdmcdmc

Profile of a multi-server troll, doomed to talk smack and tall smack and always get smacked. The Trinity totally rimmed this clown, oops, I mean BayouBrit's personal hero.

http://www.halloween-mask.com/ferscpestud/08/chunk_clown_02.jpg

Pavel2013 on the other hand was a true seeker of knowledge and has thrived.

Last edited by a moderator: