Swamp fox Brigarde

DeletedUser

The Swamp Fox Brigade

Francis Marion (Swamp Fox)-The father of modern guerrilla warfare

2napj04.jpg

History

Marion joined Major General Horatio Gates just before the Battle of Camden but Gates had no confidence in him and sent him (mostly to get rid of him) to take command of the Williamsburg Militia in the Pee Dee area. Gates asked him to undertake scouting missions and to impede the expected flight of the British after the battle. Marion thus missed the battle, which proved to be a decisive British victory, but was able to intercept and recapture 150 Maryland prisoners, plus about 20 of their British guards, who had been en route from the battle to Charleston. The freed prisoners, thinking the war was already lost, refused to join Marion and deserted.

Marion showed himself to be a singularly able leader of irregular militiamen and ruthless in his terrorising of Loyalists. Unlike the Continental troops, Marion's Men, as they were known, served without pay, supplied their own horses, arms and often their food.

Marion rarely committed his men to frontal warfare, but repeatedly surprised larger bodies of Loyalists or British regulars with quick surprise attacks and equally quick withdrawal from the field. After the surrender of Charleston, the British garrisoned South Carolina with help from local Tories, except for Williamsburg (the present Pee Dee), which they were never able to hold. The British made one attempt to garrison Williamsburg at Willtown, but were driven out by Marion at the Battle of Black Mingo.

Cornwallis observed "Colonel Marion had so wrought the minds of the people, partly by the terror of his threats and cruelty of his punishments, and partly by the promise of plunder, that there was scarcely an inhabitant between the Santee and the Peedee that was not in arms against us

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Marion#Guerrilla_war

This alliance will be a small elite alliance people can sign up if they want, but there's a good chance i won't except you, because your not good enough...

Our direction will be North West so i feel bad for any poor soul who enters this world and ends up in ocean 44

Since this will be my first American world and the name come from the revolutionary war i see it fit to have our alliances structure based on the U.S.A...

We will not be democratic!

President
=Founder
V.P=Leader (second in command)
Speaker of the house=leader (head council)
House of representatives=Council
Ambassadors=diplomats

C.I.A=Foreign intelligence spys, enemy attack patterns, enemy city build ect.
C.I.A Overseer= Leader oversees our intelligence gathering

National Guard-Secure the well being of our home land-Monitor the support tab

Generals-Develop Ops and attack plans

Alliance Police-Solve internal issues and forum mods

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Oh yisssssss, first time on a US server. Looking forward to causing havoc with you guys here (hopefully the whole world won't enemy us this time though xD)

DeletedUser

Oh yisssssss, first time on a US server. Looking forward to causing havoc with you guys here (hopefully the whole world won't enemy us this time though xD)

in that case we'll have to try to not take cities from every alliance and be a bit diplomatic...

DeletedUser

I'd rather someone with a decent understanding of the English language
Or maybe I should proof read instead of hitting keys and then tapping send:L But I think they got the gist of the message:p words like 'dbp' and 'pact' probably gave a clue to what I was trying to say.

^did that make sense or was that also gibberish?:p

DeletedUser

Oh god the powerhouses im bringing here its not going to be fair hahah