Survival Guide

DeletedUser

THIS WAS COPIED AND PASTED FROM THE WIKI. THIS IS NOT MY WORK.

Survival guide:

So you have built up this nice city 1500-2000 points. You have been peaceful, not even attacking the two hundred point city in your area because you might hurt their feelings and you have only asked for a few resources from the farming villages because hey, they need to eat too right? However this evil person attacks your city while your offline and you find that the fifty or so of your troops that you build lie dead on the ground and your warehouse is empty. So what do you do?

First off keep calm, Grepolis was designed for people like you to be able to survive and yes even beat these people who are farming you. So what do I do you ask? Following my eight steps should help!

The Eights Steps
1. Research city guard. Militia are incredebly damaging troops that are essentially free for you. They provide 0 benefits to the attacker while taking out some of his troops and yes even providing you with valuable, free BP.

Although you should note that your resource production is cut for 3 hours if you call up the militia.
2. Whenever you see an attack coming call out the militia and let the attacker fight it. If you are done playing for the day and the big bad farmer hasn't attacked you yet, make sure to call the militia before you log off on the off chance that he attacks 3 hours after you log out.

3. Do not build troops! This is an important point. If i'm farming someone, I'm actually happy that they produce troops. BP is an incredibly valuable resource that I'm not sure I have a constant supply off. So if you provide me with 20 or 30 bp a day by producing that many troops, I'll gladly take it instead of your resources. After all every 300 bp is worth 15000 18000 15000 resources.

Although, if you know that you are going to be online for a while, then you could build up a few units and then send them away to a neighbouring city as they are built. This way you are able to build up a defence as well as avoiding the attacks.
4. Spend all resources- Before an attack hits or before you log out make sure you spend all your resources. Ideally the best situation for you is he loses a lot of troops due to your militia while gaining 0 resources or bp.

5. Only build the following buildings

a. city wall- this increases your troops' defense value.

b. Farm- Every additonal level you produce gives you 15 more militia to fight with.

c. Temple- for reasons I'll go into next- you need a lot of favor.

Remember attackers can only destroy city walls so if you have a choice of what to build go for the farm or temple.

unless they lightning bold you, this can take a level off of any building.
6. Spend all of your favour and change the god you worship in the temple to Zeus- He loves the downtrodden. Do not do anything with this favor until you reach 200. Once you get 200 cast the bolt spell on your attacker's city. (go to map click his city click on enact divine power- click bolt) if you get a message saying you are not allowed, to it means one of two things.

1. He is under Athena's protection- in which case you wait for it to run out and then cast the bolt.

2. Some other kind person has cast bolt on him within the last 4 hours for being a meanie. In which case you then wait till your allowed to cast bolt and then cast it. you have 500 favor space anyway.

7. Join an alliance. You have probably heard that MRAs are bad and they generally are. But in this case they will work for you. First they generally don't care that your being farmed so they will let you in. Second they have lots of members who also generate favor. Join the biggest alliance you can. If you can join a 1000 man alliance then do so. It doesn't really matter if your close to them or not your not getting support anyway. *Though, some alliances may not let you in if they know that you are being attacked. Most will however! Just send a nice message to the leader/recruiter for the alliance. Explain that you are new to the game, you are being attacked and you would like some help and they should be nice and help you out.

Also note that you should join an alliance that is in your ocean, you need allies to be near to you, not hours and hours away.
8. Put up a thread in your alliance saying you are being farmed and ask them to bolt your attacker. Most of them would be happy to oblidge as bolting really takes very little effort. Remember if only 1 % of your alliance listen to you thats still 10 bolts a day aimed at your attacker. If you feel there is not enough people who have agree to help you then be proactive and start private messaging random members of your alliance and ask them to help.

A few things to avoid
There are a few things that you want to avoid in this situation, namely- Aggravating the situation. Though, it is hard to say as not all situations are the same and neither are all attackers.

In general, it is a bad idea to message the attacking player saying things like-
"STOP ATTACKING ME!!! I HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG"
"IF YOU DON"T STOP ATTACKING ME, I"LL GET MY FRIENDS TO CONQUER YOU"
etc
All caps tends to annoy people and it could just make the situation worse. This is not to say however that you should never message the person who is attacking you. Some will be understanding, we have all been in your situation at one point or another, they may stop attacking you. I suppose that it is worth a shot! Most players will take the view point that it is all part of the game and you should see it as being valuable experience for you. :)
All too often players will see an incoming attack and will immediately write to the attacker and will just start an argument with them in the end. This helps no-one and can really ruin the game for some people. My rule #1, don't message them until you've thought about it for a while. :D
Sending in a support ticket to the in game moderation team-
Unless you have reason to believe that the player who is attacking you if cheating then there is nothing that the moderation team can do for you. It is all part of the game after all!
If you are unsure as to whether a player is doing something wrong, take a look at the game rules. If you are still unsure, then do send in a ticket. It is better that you send it in and are wrong then that you don't report the player and they were actually cheating. Though, players cheating IG is a rare occurrence, do not think that it is the norm!

DeletedUser

Yeah they need to include information on some of the new features such as the quests systems and how they can hinder or benefit a player's starting few weeks depending on tactical use of the rewards gained.

DeletedUser

Two things I would add:

Step 4: Build Markets also. Each Market you build will allow you to trade 500 resources. You can then offer a resource for trade by clicking on the Market and then clicking on create offer. Make the offers in 500 intervals (this way when you remove an offer only 500 comes back for each one you remove) and ask 3 times that in exchange for some other resource, i.e. offer 500 silver in exchange for 1,500 stone. This way nobody will accept the offer and if they do then you are not upset. You can go back anytime to cancel the trade and get your full resources back. I have 17 markets so I use 13 of them this way and the other 4 are for taking full advantage (2,000 each trade) of trading at 1:1.25 with the villages. If you want to make sure nobody takes your trade offer then you can make the trade only visible to our alliance and reduce the trade time as low as possible. This will protect those resources offered for trade from people farming you.

Step 5b: The 15 Militia (10 standard and 5 extra for researching City Guard) is only for the first 25 Farms. Any Farms over 25 are just to help with growth and will not give you anymore Militia.

I know some of you probably already know what I typed above but possibly this will help some new players to the game.

Hope this helps,

Mark