Support before cship arrives

DeletedUser

Is it fine if i clear a inactive city, then send support to land 1 hour ahead of my cship? or would my own support kill the cship

DeletedUser271

If your troops are present in a city you want to conquer when the CS lands, they may kill your own CS ;-) Supports should arrive after the CS is landed and the siege has started :)

DeletedUser

As kyllmen said, if you are supporting the city before you launch the cs. Your cs will fight your support. try and time support to land as close as you possibly can after the cs landing time

DeletedUser271

You will get BPs if you kill your CS by sending your support before your CS lands (only if the city you are supporting is not a ghost town). But if you send your support after the CS lands, you will only have BPs if someone attacks the city you are holding a siege on :)

DeletedUser

I wonder how many people earn free bp that way support someone then kill your own support.

DeletedUser

Lol. I think by accident I did that... I forget if I got bps 'cause I was so confused at my mysterious loss of troops :p

DeletedUser

Do you send troops in/with your CS, or do you just send the CS and then send another group of support.

DeletedUser

I tried to send my CS to attack a city and it said I need to send land troops with it. When I added the land troops it stated that I needed to use transports. How do I send a CS ahead of time before the support if it requires me to send support when I try to send the CS?

DeletedUser

To conquer a city you send these units in the same attack
1 colony ship, Offensive land units, At least 1 ls or bireme, and the transports for the land troops

To support your ship you must send a Seperate support that will land after the colony ship lands and clears the city if the ship does not clear the city completly then it will be destroyed and your siege is over.

DeletedUser

Nice, I was actually looking for the same information. Thanks TranquilFishermen! That's very well explained. :)