spell confusion

• Thread starter DeletedUser3241
  • Start date

DeletedUser3241

I am confused on spells. my understanding is if you cast city protection then launch an attack those attacks are protected from negative spells agianst the attacks. however I just got sea stormed and my cs was killed eventhough I had city protection on the city the cs came from.

now I then when to hit sea storm on a cs that is coming into my city but when I hit sea storm it says divine spell acted on this attack already. so what am I missing? how do I protect my attack from gettting hit with a negative spell?

W4RR10R

Chilliarch
City protection protects your city from spells, e.g. lightning bolt, earthquake, etc. To protect your attack you need click on your attack, see the little spell button on the top of the tab, and then click one of the spells on option there.

DeletedUser

Yeah. Casting Heroic Power, Favorable Wind or Helmet of Invisibility should prevent your target from casting anything on your attack.

DeletedUser3217

this is the dumbest thing they have done with this game basicly they are telling you that if your a defensive player you are going to be screwed over all that the offesive player has to do is cast a spell on there attack so that you cant even cast a defesive spells to help protect yourself from an attack. total bs

DeletedUser2039

I'm sorry, but overall perspective dictates defense has a large advantage over offense. This is but a small piece of the puzzle.

DeletedUser3217

i am sorry but where is the defense advantage when your own alliance kicks you out then clears all your defense while your not on then conquers your city because you have no help because your alliance is full of backstabbing cheaters?

DeletedUser2039

Well...here's the thing. Game mechanics wise, the game favors defense.

In your situation, it seems to be a social predicament, not one of game mechanics. 1. You were not one. 2. You obviously didn't ally with the right people or perform to their expectations.

DeletedUser

In many cases where this happens, it's because the player was gone for a long time and they thought the city was inactive. It's not an unreasonable thing to do if that was indeed the situation.

DeletedUser2039

Happens all the time in that case. If you don't let leadership know, it happens.