Special Buildings Questions

DeletedUser

I have a few questions about the Special Buildings that provide a one time bonus like the Thermal Baths and the Library.

Do you lose the bonus gained if you choose to demolish the building? In other words if I build the Library and use the 12 extra research points then decide to demolish it for another building will I loose any technologies researched? The same question applies to the Thermal Baths. What happens to the added population should I choose to tear down the baths (assuming I've already used them to build troops/buildings)?

Another question, which is somewhat dependent on the answer to a previous question, is can the thermal baths be used to somehow gain unlimited population? That is to say that I build the baths and gain a 10% bonus to my city's population. I then tear it down and rebuild it. Assuming the first 10% gained is not lost when I tear it down, will the baths then add another 10%?

Just some things that have me a little perplexed. Hopefully, someone has some experience with these scenarios.

DeletedUser

library..if you use it do do research, to demolish it you need to undo some research to recover the used points
baths..if you demolish them then you loose the xtra pop,

this bit needs to be clarified..
how ever if you have already used the pop to build troops you will be -300 pop and until 300 pop dies it will remain so

DeletedUser

I think I understand what you are saying about the thermal baths. The moment I loose any troops after demolishing the baths I will not be able to retrain new troops to replace them as the population will not be added back.

I don't really understand your explanation about the library.

DeletedUser

You can't demolish the library unless you have at least 12 free research points.

DeletedUser11203

What about the tower? I built it in the wrong city by mistake and it won't let me tear it down.

DeletedUser

It won't? Weird. There should be no prerequisites to tearing down a tower. You are going to Senate, then the demolition tab on the top, with an open construction slot, correct?

DeletedUser

Unfortunately, I am unable to figure out how to demolish buildings on mobile. My best guess is to go to Senate and click on the image of the building you wish to demolish, in this case the Tower, and hopefully one of the listed options will be to demolish.

DeletedUser298

I don't thank you can do it in the senate, I don't know much about the new changes on the app since they've really updated it, but whenever I click on a building it gives me quite a few options before I can even access it, so it might be one of those. But on the computer I know you can in the senate.