Sneaky Trick

DeletedUser

I don't know if this has already been posted, but I find it useful.

If you need a place to hide your troops for a while, without ANY threat of them being attacked, find an island quest that requires you to "dispatch troops", and then instead of just sending the required number, send all the troops you want to hide. Then just leave them there until you want them back. Don't press accept reward, or they will return. I don't think quests can expire once you have completed them, although I may be wrong.

DeletedUser10048

I have used this and had them sat in a quest for at least 24hrs before.

DeletedUser10773

I've forgotten troops like that before, lol. Looked at the numbers in the barracks and wondered where they had gone until I had that "duh" moment.
smiley_emoticons_motz.gif

DeletedUser

There is an expiration time, I don't know exactly how long but if you don't complete your island quest that you accepted within a certain amount of time, the quest will expire.

DeletedUser11481

I dont believe you can have quests expire after completing them. But you can only have 4 quests at once - so this could limit the quest offers you are getting. I could be wrong though, at it's core this is not an easy question since its so underutilized.

DeletedUser5973

I thought that the troops were returned to you as soon as the quest is complete, whether or not you accepted the reward or not. Could be wrong though

DeletedUser11481

I thought that the troops were returned to you as soon as the quest is complete, whether or not you accepted the reward or not. Could be wrong though

In this instance, you are wrong. Troops do not auto-return until you accept, decline, or store the reward. (You also don't receive the coins until this time)

DeletedUser10048

However as I found yesterday if you have sent troops to support In a quest and need them back but don't have enough inventory spaces you can recall them in the agora.