Sink Or Swim (after BP ends for most players)

DeletedUser

Lol, nice, and he was bigger than you. If you are rimmed and stop playing then you will be remembered atleast.

If I get rimmed, I will probably be the first to break 30K on this server... I'm only 1300 away now, thanks to another round of failures by CHRONOU.

DeletedUser

I'm going to try one, but I am new to this so I might not be so great :p
1) Radioactive: Swim, pretty obvious and they don't seem to have any true rivals since Nuke is their sister alliance and they are friends (for now) with Anastasis.
2) Anastasis: Swim, also obvious, no real enemies and Radioactive shows no hints of fighting them.
3) Burn in Hell: Sinking like a rock, got into a war with Radioactive AND Anastasis, and inevitably is losing badly. Don't know official numbers on conquests but it is fairly obvious which side is losing.
4) Nuke: Swim, they are very safe as sister alliance to Radioactive and can keep growing as long as they want to.
5) Hell Hounds: Float, they seem decent enough and don't have any huge enemies from what I can tell, however they also don't seem to moving too quickly.
6) Faceless Elite: Swim, faceless seems very scary as they are so high up the rankings with so few players. In a war they will obviously be very organized (or at least should be) and barring Anastasis or Radioactive, no one should be able to take them out alone.
7) The Summit: Sink, aren't they dead yet?
Eight) Sanctuary: Float, for now, they have a fairly low point average and rank 12th on alliance attackers, and much lower on defenders and fighters. Assuming they aren't eaten by a larger alliance, they should be fine, but probably won't put up a fight against the bigger alliances.
9) The Rat Patrol: Honestly cannot tell, I thought they would've sunk by now but they are still here, more or less, so I'll grant them a float.
10) Dark Waters: Sink, they don't seem to move to fast, and also have not participated in any major wars, however they might just float since no one else seems to want to fight them and they are pretty far from the core of the world.
11) Dark Moon: Float for now, then sink, no one else seems to want to take them down, but at the same time they really don't have any powerful players, I expect them to float along until a larger alliances takes a liking to some of their cities.
12) Aspida: Float, because of Anastasis, this alliance has had multiple leadership changes and I know that their forums are a mess. They won't sink simply because Anastasis won't let them, but on their own they would be a sink for sure.

Thanks for reading and hope it entertained someone for at least a couple minutes ;) Would love to have a discussion if anyone knows more than I did about some of the alliances I was unsure about!~

DeletedUser5088

I'm going to try one, but I am new to this so I might not be so great :p
1) Radioactive: Swim, pretty obvious and they don't seem to have any true rivals since Nuke is their sister alliance and they are friends (for now) with Anastasis.
2) Anastasis: Swim, also obvious, no real enemies and Radioactive shows no hints of fighting them.
3) Burn in Hell: Sinking like a rock, got into a war with Radioactive AND Anastasis, and inevitably is losing badly. Don't know official numbers on conquests but it is fairly obvious which side is losing.
4) Nuke: Swim, they are very safe as sister alliance to Radioactive and can keep growing as long as they want to.
5) Hell Hounds: Float, they seem decent enough and don't have any huge enemies from what I can tell, however they also don't seem to moving too quickly.
6) Faceless Elite: Swim, faceless seems very scary as they are so high up the rankings with so few players. In a war they will obviously be very organized (or at least should be) and barring Anastasis or Radioactive, no one should be able to take them out alone.
7) The Summit: Sink, aren't they dead yet?
Eight) Sanctuary: Float, for now, they have a fairly low point average and rank 12th on alliance attackers, and much lower on defenders and fighters. Assuming they aren't eaten by a larger alliance, they should be fine, but probably won't put up a fight against the bigger alliances.
9) The Rat Patrol: Honestly cannot tell, I thought they would've sunk by now but they are still here, more or less, so I'll grant them a float.
10) Dark Waters: Sink, they don't seem to move to fast, and also have not participated in any major wars, however they might just float since no one else seems to want to fight them and they are pretty far from the core of the world.
11) Dark Moon: Float for now, then sink, no one else seems to want to take them down, but at the same time they really don't have any powerful players, I expect them to float along until a larger alliances takes a liking to some of their cities.
12) Aspida: Float, because of Anastasis, this alliance has had multiple leadership changes and I know that their forums are a mess. They won't sink simply because Anastasis won't let them, but on their own they would be a sink for sure.

Thanks for reading and hope it entertained someone for at least a couple minutes ;) Would love to have a discussion if anyone knows more than I did about some of the alliances I was unsure about!~

Great Sink or Swim :D
I don't think anyone has ever considered Rat Patrol a threat or even cared about them which is why they are still around

DeletedUser

Charl have you seen the thing going around on the summit stronghold going on on the tavern forum? Pretty funny.
Edit: More on rat patrol, have they actually fought any wars against similar sized alliances? Or do you have no idea? I feel like I saw something where a top 5 alliance was fighting them but I cannot remember where I saw that or if it was even true...

DeletedUser

Good read.... we need more people in these forums .
Well unfortunately most grepolis players don't even look at the forums, and many new players that might be interested simply stop playing after being conquered. Additionally the game itself is big, but not massive so as a result the forums will always be a little slow ;_;

DeletedUser

actually the reason these forums are dead is because its always the same thing from one world forum to the next. without even reading through the many pages of spam i can tell you the gist of the hundreds of hours the usual spammers spent here. every world starts about the same way. a well known spammer or renown leader of an alliance on another world gets bored and starts a new alliance and gets all their experienced friends to join it. it quickly becomes the top alliance and anyone else with any experience that has not joined this alliance get pressured into joining it too. this all sets up for a real exciting forum life for that world and it goes a little something like this:

Sink/Swim thread:

leader of a top alliance posts a list of the top 12 alliances and assigns reasons why everyone should fail because its not them or their friends. with a possible exception for an unknown rival or they seem unsure about so they let them float.

now repeat 40-50 times with comments in between from the leading alliance about how great the list is. sadly this happens more times within the first month than in the all the following months of the life of the world. all of it completely meaningless and has absolutely no lasting value.

Milestones thread:

comments reserved exclusively for those who spend too much time and money on the game and have a real need to be validated in the rank of the 34th world of the north american regional servers (1 of 621 servers. unless inno added another new world again)

Rate the Player above you:

have you guys heard of what happens in frat houses when all the brothers are lonely and cant get laid? ill give you a clue: they get together in a circle...

Best/worst of ____ world:

please see my comment above for the "Rate the Player above you" thread.

But honestly the #1 reason these forums are dead is because no one wants to read them other than the spammers that are trying to raise their post counts (you know who you are) and those that are glory hunting because after failing on so many worlds before this one they finally reached some sort of recognition.

occasionally someone new jumps in because they are bored, but in the end each worlds forums end up the same way- the several top alliances exchanging occasional comments, boasts, and insults. the top alliance mates giving a pat on the back to each other. and at a certain point it actually kind of turns into a creepy circle of alliance mates helping each other reach happiness (you all know the example i wanted to use but cant because it will be deleted faster than i can post it).

unless you are in a top rated alliance, you really have no reason to post on the forums because you are not considered important and you will just be ignored (with the exception of the spammers with a compulsion to comment on every post to keep raising their post totals). it just get boring and repetitive after the first 3-4 worlds you play on even if you are one of the best players and alliances.

there is only 1 redeeming quality i can think of for the typical world specific forum and that is the occasional PnP.

hopefully my colorful euphemisms are not too much for the mods, but to be honest i couldnt care less if i get a warning or even banned.

now its time for me to fade into the shadows of the rim oceans :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

said king spammer :D

Don't worry about King Doo-Doo, he spends his whole life trolling these forums and those of other worlds.
But I wholeheartedly agree with your long post lol.
The RA Spam Squad runs these forums ;)

DeletedUser5088

Alex you call it spam just because you don't like what we are saying.

Where's your mighty alliance now?

DeletedUser10186

@Alexander, you acting like a tool is what is gonna get you and your people rimmed. I like the fact you guys come back at the fellas, but when you just start being overly aggressive and mean spirited it really hurts the point you are trying to make. These are all in good fun and lets just keep it that way and this be a lot funner for everyone. Just keep playing hard and learning and if you can't hold everyone off than you start in the rim and work your way back. This is an endurance race not a sprint. I hope you guys all keep posting and you can make fun of me or whatever , no big, but lets keep it funny and not just trying to be internet tough guys.

DeletedUser10186

@shadow.empyre, that ish is funny and as this is my first world I wouldn't know but I would guess probably not too far from the truth. That was funny, slightly mean spirited but funny none the less and I can dig it.
-------
My turn- Yo Mama !!! LOL

DeletedUser9771

actually the reason these forums are dead is because its always the same thing from one world forum to the next. without even reading through the many pages of spam i can tell you the gist of the hundreds of hours the usual spammers spent here. every world starts about the same way. a well known spammer or renown leader of an alliance on another world gets bored and starts a new alliance and gets all their experienced friends to join it. it quickly becomes the top alliance and anyone else with any experience that has not joined this alliance get pressured into joining it too. this all sets up for a real exciting forum life for that world and it goes a little something like this:

Sink/Swim thread:

leader of a top alliance posts a list of the top 12 alliances and assigns reasons why everyone should fail because its not them or their friends. with a possible exception for an unknown rival or they seem unsure about so they let them float.

now repeat 40-50 times with comments in between from the leading alliance about how great the list is. sadly this happens more times within the first month than in the all the following months of the life of the world. all of it completely meaningless and has absolutely no lasting value.

Milestones thread:

comments reserved exclusively for those who spend too much time and money on the game and have a real need to be validated in the rank of the 34th world of the north american regional servers (1 of 621 servers. unless inno added another new world again)

Rate the Player above you:

have you guys heard of what happens in frat houses when all the brothers are lonely and cant get laid? ill give you a clue: they get together in a circle...

Best/worst of ____ world:

please see my comment above for the "Rate the Player above you" thread.

But honestly the #1 reason these forums are dead is because no one wants to read them other than the spammers that are trying to raise their post counts (you know who you are) and those that are glory hunting because after failing on so many worlds before this one they finally reached some sort of recognition.

occasionally someone new jumps in because they are bored, but in the end each worlds forums end up the same way- the several top alliances exchanging occasional comments, boasts, and insults. the top alliance mates giving a pat on the back to each other. and at a certain point it actually kind of turns into a creepy circle of alliance mates helping each other reach happiness (you all know the example i wanted to use but cant because it will be deleted faster than i can post it).

unless you are in a top rated alliance, you really have no reason to post on the forums because you are not considered important and you will just be ignored (with the exception of the spammers with a compulsion to comment on every post to keep raising their post totals). it just get boring and repetitive after the first 3-4 worlds you play on even if you are one of the best players and alliances.

there is only 1 redeeming quality i can think of for the typical world specific forum and that is the occasional PnP.

hopefully my colorful euphemisms are not too much for the mods, but to be honest i couldnt care less if i get a warning or even banned.

now its time for me to fade into the shadows of the rim oceans :D

Can't i just read forums/post sometimes out of boredom waiting on my resources to get to a different city... To be honest that is a lot closer to the truth for me lol...

DeletedUser

Alex you call it spam just because you don't like what we are saying.

Where's your mighty alliance now?
Lol I call it spam because 95% of the posts are just you and your alliance.
Never was my alliance, I was a member not a leader. I can't help they took a page from the Tina Fey-ceus handbook and chose to give up ;)

And dark mender, it's a game. Getting rimmed isn't a big deal, yet you talk like it's all that matters. Lol
Most of you guys need to take a chill pill and stop taking this game and forum posts so seriously... :/

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10186

Little buddy, not mad, just some friendly advice. As I said, I like the banter back in forth, would just ask it be a little funnier. This post was much better.

DeletedUser

Little buddy, not mad, just some friendly advice. As I said, I like the banter back and forth, would just ask it be a little funnier. Your post was not much better.

DeletedUser8203

Faceless Elite is another Grepo paper tiger. A better word for this group would be Dysfunctional Elite. They will sink like a rock when everyone figures it out that they can't swim. This alliance hasn't had any growth in membership in over 3 weeks. They target the ubber weak, taking cookies from babies to put it mildly. Once they have run out of weak targets in 56, everyone will see that the only thing keeping these cookie monsters swimming are the floaties wrapped around their necks.