Shared connection improvements

• Thread starter DeletedUser16044
  • Start date

DeletedUser16044

Shared connection needs some vast improvements.

When you look at the actual rules for shared connection they are laid down pretty simple, no supporting each other, no sharing resources, no attacking each other. On that note there are tons of apparent other rules that aren’t actually explained. For instance if my buddy spies on a city, attacks a city or even reserved a city I can’t do anything to it. He can literally reserve a city on the other side of the map, not be in my alliance and I can’t do anything to it. If he supports a city somewhere random on the map, I can’t attack. We are in the same alliance and an alliance mate was trying to hand me over a city but because he was supporting it I couldn’t attack. So he pulled his support and I have to wait 96 hours to attack it. The rules need to be changed. Everyone wants to play games with their real life friends, but it’s nearly impossible to play this one with them. I feel that improvements to this system would bring in more new players that are interested in starting a game with friends.

DeletedUser11502

Thank you for bringing up this issue.

As one that has lived through declared sharing I know your pain, however, there are two sides to this issue. Grepolis is a family oriented game and we encourage families playing and growing together in their Grepolis lives. However, as with most games like this, we need to shed light on the players who seek to take advantage of the game system and exploit it to their advantage... the other side of the coin so to speak.

What do I mean you ask... well some players started to exploit the "family connection" to multi-account (playing more than one account) and/or co-playing (multiple players playing the same account). I will explain...

Some single players would invent a "family" and pretend that they were multiple players. Hence the phrase multi-accounting.

Conversely, actual families would access each other's accounts to counter attacks or otherwise help each other directly. They would retaliate against any would be attacker by ganging up on the attacker with "in room" communication or simply one of them would directly respond using the entirety of family's accounts. These are just three scenarios that we have encountered, I trust you can see other implications of this behavior and the unfair advantage this could provide them.

School groups and other similar groups frequently fall under this issue as well

To counter this, InnoGames was forced to implement the Shared Internet Connection rules. While this measure may seem harsh, it drastically reduced the issues I noted above.

While the limitations do cause issues with trading, attacks and supports, they can be managed by simply coordinating who is doing what between the sharing parties. Yup... the dreaded communication thing....
smiley_emoticons_irre4.gif

Also one correction needs to be made to your comment. The cool down time is 48 hours plus any travel times, siege times, and the like between third party "contacts", not 96 hours as you indicated.

For those unfamiliar with this issue, those with declared shared connections are prohibited from directly interacting with each other, so they cannot trade, attack or support each other. They also have the above cool down limitations when they involve another player. This restrictions only applies to them, and does not affect players not declared.

If anyone wishes to review the rules on declared shared connections or the other rules for Grepolis please go here:

https://wiki.en.grepolis.com/wiki/Rules

DeletedUser6807

Thank you for bringing up this issue.

As one that has lived through declared sharing I know your pain, however, there are two sides to this issue. Grepolis is a family oriented game and we encourage families playing and growing together in their Grepolis lives. However, as with most games like this, we need to shed light on the players who seek to take advantage of the game system and exploit it to their advantage... the other side of the coin so to speak.

What do I mean you ask... well some players started to exploit the "family connection" to multi-account (playing more than one account) and/or co-playing (multiple players playing the same account). I will explain...

Some single players would invent a "family" and pretend that they were multiple players. Hence the phrase multi-accounting.

Conversely, actual families would access each other's accounts to counter attacks or otherwise help each other directly. They would retaliate against any would be attacker by ganging up on the attacker with "in room" communication or simply one of them would directly respond using the entirety of family's accounts. These are just three scenarios that we have encountered, I trust you can see other implications of this behavior and the unfair advantage this could provide them.

School groups and other similar groups frequently fall under this issue as well

To counter this, InnoGames was forced to implement the Shared Internet Connection rules. While this measure may seem harsh, it drastically reduced the issues I noted above.

While the limitations do cause issues with trading, attacks and supports, they can be managed by simply coordinating who is doing what between the sharing parties. Yup... the dreaded communication thing....
smiley_emoticons_irre4.gif

Also one correction needs to be made to your comment. The cool down time is 48 hours plus any travel times, siege times, and the like between third party "contacts", not 96 hours as you indicated.

For those unfamiliar with this issue, those with declared shared connections are prohibited from directly interacting with each other, so they cannot trade, attack or support each other. They also have the above cool down limitations when they involve another player. This restrictions only applies to them, and does not affect players not declared.

If anyone wishes to review the rules on declared shared connections or the other rules for Grepolis please go here:

https://wiki.en.grepolis.com/wiki/Rules

Those situations may be true but if you have money to spend then you make the game an unfair battle field for others who don't. In all honesty I think multi accounting would be one way to counter balance those who have deep pockets. I get Inno needs money to keep the servers running but their are people who would be willing to donate.

DeletedUser11502

Ok let's run with your concept... According to what you stated, you want to get rid of a rule that gives players an unfair advantage over everyone to balance the playing field over one specific group of players. Remember that a summary of what you stated above.

So lets review your concept and sorry but I am going to be blunt.

1. All players can now trade for gold. While is it not necessarily a good as a bank account, it does helps even the field.

2. If you cannot manage to fight off a gold using player with one account, what makes you think having more than one will help?

3. If you need more than one account to deal with a gold user, then join an alliance... where you can have multiple players helping you.

4. Let's say in a hypothetical world where multi accounting was allowed... would there be a limit on the number of accounts? 2, 10, 100, more?

5. And finally, if the multi-accounting rule was removed, wouldn't that then permit said gold users to have multiple accounts as well which would then defeat the purpose of your suggestion.

My recommendation is two fold:

1. Find or create an effective alliance.
2. Learn effective game skills and strategies.

These two things will help compensate when fighting a gold spender (or anyone else for that matter) and they normally don't cost anything except time and experience.