Sestos Preworld Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser1360

I haven't been online since 2014. When I came back this weekend, I saw that there was a pretty cool new interface. BPs for farming viliages is a better idea than the old way: I like it. Also, I don't recognize any players. After looking around, I saw that there are some quips about buying boosts. (Inno is in this to make money and they're pretty nice to let anyone and their mother play for free, so, yeah, that's all.) One big gripe that I saw had to do with the way the world ends. I think I have a solution ...

An alliance can start building a wonder at anytime, but it would take a long time to build via contributing resources (like 6 months). A completed wonder would offer a specific boost to anyone who is a member of that alliance (like increased stone production). There should be a dozen different wonders and only one wonder could exist in a world at a time (and island can only house one wonder). If the alliance disbands, they loose their wonders: this would encourage alliances to not disband at the drop of a hat. And, other alliances can attack wonders to destroy them (they'd be repaired by the owning alliance donating resources): this would encourage warfare instead of a race to build wonders. The game is won when an alliance controls 2 or 3 completed wonders for a specific amount of time (like 3 months): this would give enemies an opportunity to destroy the wonders and keep the holders from winning. Also, I would recommend that an island need not be completely inhabited by an alliance to build a wonder: this would allow for enemies to be able to come on the island and attack the wonder (wonders are inland and can only be attacked by cities on that island or flying units). So, whadua think?

Hey Inno: if you adopt this way of ending the game, it would be awesome if you'd name it after me ... like the "Northmopian Rule" or something stupid like that.

Also, I'm looking for a couple of people to hand with in this new world. Anybody want to buddy up?

DeletedUser15482

I am a relatively new player. I joined a little before Christmas last year. I am completely and passionately in love with this game. I am currently playing in Paros, a 4 speed world. And I cannot stress enough how much I love that speed.

I am curious about the new world. I am also looking to form a team before I enter the world. So much better playing with a team than teaming up after you enter a world. Regardless, I have made some great friends in grep. Well..I hope the speed will not be TOO slow after Paros.

P.s. I love the name Sestos.

DeletedUser11243

Inno has been talking about changing the end game FOREVER. Wonders is terrible. Instead of doing that and really changing the game to make it more interesting for new and old players they mess up resources.

I abhor the BP villages. Awful. Then the official company line is that most ideas come from players? Not true. If that were true wonders would have been revamped YEARS ago.

I DO appreciate, however, that you make me want to stop playing. Thank you!

DeletedUser15482

What are the things you dislike about bp villages?

I happen to like them better, you can save more resources to build more troops. More troops mean more fights and more fights earn more bps, and that cycled to lvling up the villages mean even more resources. I fail to see the downside to that. As for bandit camps, they really prepare you for when you come out of beginner's protection. By that time, if you play right, you've already gotten yourself a hefty sized troops.

DeletedUser15270

I've only really played with the BP villages on Paros (speed 4) so I can't really speak for how it is on speed 1. But on speed 4 the villages work far better than the previous method. As soon as I take a city I can start making my nukes, which makes more BP, which makes the villages inconsequential.

Also, the game doesn't force you to level up the farms all the way up. I only go level three, and my queues (then again on speed 4) are always full.

DeletedUser8870

yeah speed world 1 they suck and suck a lot so assuming 2 they still suck but just not suck as much as speed 1 lol

DeletedUser9287

ye with speed one i could probably get up an fly/drive to whoever i wanna send my attack to andjust make them delete their account before my attack even arrives

DeletedUser15508

So its 2:10 in Chicago. Am I in the wrong time zone or have it just not started up yet ? Anyways hope to hear back from someone. Lmao

DeletedUser15482

I've been looking at the page also, and nothing has turned up yet. Wondering when 21st of Feb really will be for Inno.

Status
Not open for further replies.