Servers down again!!!!

DeletedUser

I'm more concerned with how often this is expected to happen. I realize it is an anomaly, and certainly not intentional, but nonetheless the effects upon the shaping of the world could be huge. Some players may quit that otherwise would stay. Crucial attacks could be cancelled out, and building races could be skewed.

I'd quite like an honest projection of whether or not the 'problem' is going to be fixed for good this time. Otherwise, there's almost a case to be made for restarting the world.

I agree, but I would just like to know how much longer its going to be down. I have all my interviews saved in my notes file on Gamma. In order to write the newspaper for today like I promised the world Gamma I won't be able to if thing does not get fixed. Any idea how long this will be till its open?

DeletedUser

I'm more concerned with how often this is expected to happen. I realize it is an anomaly, and certainly not intentional, but nonetheless the effects upon the shaping of the world could be huge. Some players may quit that otherwise would stay. Crucial attacks could be cancelled out, and building races could be skewed.

I'd quite like an honest projection of whether or not the 'problem' is going to be fixed for good this time. Otherwise, there's almost a case to be made for restarting the world.

I would expect they are going to permanently snuff out this problem, thus the long delay until the servers are re-opened. But I do agree, the servers being shut down twice during this critical time of both BP and early growth of our cities is a disadvantage to all.

DeletedUser

I agree, but I would just like to know how much longer its going to be down. I have all my interviews saved in my notes file on Gamma. In order to write the newspaper for today like I promised the world Gamma I won't be able to if thing does not get fixed. Any idea how long this will be till its open?

Daedalus said they will be closed until at least tomorrow. So you won't have access to them today

DeletedUser

If it wont happen again maybe this is a good thing. I hope the game is frozen in time though, that seems fair to me.

DeletedUser

@Ice - I wouldn't expect another roll back if that's what you're saying. So yes, I would expect for everything to resume normally once the servers come back online.

DeletedUser

We have been promised comp in announcements from the roll back

I hope it is something significant, I remember a problem on the en. servers and comp was a few days use of admin, and this is far more disruptive....

Lets hope it is good

DeletedUser

Wait they are restarting everything???

not that I know of, but to restart would be business suicide for innogames, they amount of players who would quit added to what would be a public relations/image nightmare would mean thy would try not to restart, which I trust would NEVER happen

DeletedUser

I don't expect a server restart, hopefully things will be fixed by tomorrow and we can all go back to playing. However, I am not sure how serious this problem is, since I never seemed to have any troubles.

DeletedUser566

well at first I thought I had screwed something up with my login... since I have an account on both the en and us servers... then I saw the whole server was down... and I was relieved... LOL.....

Apparently it must be something big and I would rather take a longer down time now and have them correct it fully then having several more down times or rollbacks happen....

DeletedUser

Daedalus please do it your job ,
and i don't like the roll back because i lost some troops today,i win my first medal
Smurfy know's why.

I've seen several now blaming Daedalus for this. This isn't his fault, folks. Daedalus is the poor guy who has to let the players know the Inno techs are taking down the servers, have screwed up, etc. Really, if you think about it, put yourself in his shoes. He's the one Inno has left to take all the heat so give him a break already.

The US server is only a few months old, so it's going to run into some issues. I'd be more ticked if this happened on the en.grepolis servers since it's been around a lot longer.

It's frustrating, annoying, yes, but just hang in there and be patient. We'll get our game back and I'm sure they'll compensate for the hours of gold usage many are losing as well. At least on that front, they'd better.

DeletedUser

I've seen several now blaming Daedalus for this. This isn't his fault, folks. Daedalus is the poor guy who has to let the players know the Inno techs are taking down the servers, have screwed up, etc. Really, if you think about it, put yourself in his shoes. He's the one Inno has left to take all the heat so give him a break already.

The US server is only a few months old, so it's going to run into some issues. I'd be more ticked if this happened on the en.grepolis servers since it's been around a lot longer.

It's frustrating, annoying, yes, but just hang in there and be patient. We'll get our game back and I'm sure they'll compensate for the hours of gold usage many are losing as well. At least on that front, they'd better.

She has a good point. Its not his fault. He is a mod a forum mod. He does not own the us server or game so if your going to complain just go to the inno games website and spam them lmao... jk

DeletedUser562

are the servers down again? I havent been able to log on now since 4pm today.

DeletedUser566

yeah... I played this morning until about noon.. just got back from work and found this issue... and since it is likely to be down until tommorrow... well I will just focus on my en server cities on delphi and rheth

DeletedUser

We took the servers down about 3:15pm, hardly can be considered all day.