Seeking: Tips, Alliance Members

DeletedUser

Hi all,

As you can see, I'm new here. Just started a few days ago & really like the game. Because I'm nuts..LOL...I started my own alliance. (Control Freak) If you have any tips for me, they would be appreciated. I have been reading the forums and have not found any sort of guide to building a strong working alliance. (if there is one link me please.)
Also, if you are looking for an alliance, feel free to message me. ( adrift on ocean 74)

Many thanks,

ALLIANCE DISSOLVED.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Some warnings as to what's ahead:

1) This is a war game. Not a sim city style game. So many people attack out of random (even if you've done nothing to them) for any number of reasons. Some as silly as things like: "Well my dog had cats recently and my Uncle, well she kinda upset me and told me I had to do 10 jumping jacks to make $20 so I'ma just attack/Kill you" <-- Something silly and completely "out there" like that can happen very easily.

2) This game is a 24 hours 7 day a week 365 day a year game. It stops for no one. Even if you are not logged in, you can still be attacked. Even though this is a US Server, there are people from all around the world in this game/in this world.

3) Politics are very useful in this game (called diplomacy), this is something that you should try learning to be very good at quickly.

4) There are a lot of jerks out there. Lot of people who don't show ANY respect to others, curse out a lot/ use profanity a lot. Try to stay level headed with these types of people. You can't please everyone and some people are just plain jerks.

5) People will lie to you. Unless there is a good established relationship with a certain player, it is always best to check all sources possible to get the facts straight before acting on an event. "Check yourself before you wreck yourself".

6) Being a leader can be very stressful and can bring the stress to affect your life outside of the game and even affect your mood throughout the day. Try your best to just reassure yourself it's just a game and that people who are jerks, liars, backstabbers, etc, probably aren't anything far from that in real life or have a sense of "unwanted-ness and/or worthlessness" in real life. This can be their escape and how they play (if like jerks) could be them taking out their poor manner of handling life events on a game. As I am a believer, I pray for those people.

7) Always ask questions and those you do lead, be a leader. When you're wrong, admit it. When you're right, DON'T boast and be prideful. The players that join you are NOT their for you to glorify you. YOU are there to glorify THEM and to lead them. Encourage your people, set realistic goals. Each world lasts roughly 1.5-2 years. This world isn't even 1 month old yet (I think) so think in the long run as well. The Grepolis wiki pages are your best friends, start educating yourself. People will not want to follow someone who doesn't have a clue (to become a successful alliance), or is a jerk and so on.

Above all, think of how you would want someone to lead you and how they would speak/act to you and aspire to be the same "ideal" leader. If someone makes a mistake (within reason) don't flip out on them. No one is perfect.

Those 7 should start you off right along with what all else was posted to you for a bit.

Good luck! :)

DeletedUser4951

Go to google and type in Groms guide to grepolis. Thank me later.

I'm too lazy to make my own, so i'll just build on what Paul said.

1) He's not lying, this really happens. You get the oddest messages in this game. ;)

2) Its true and at some point you'll fall asleep and lose a city or two. Even if you have the alarm, there is almost no chance that you will keep all of your towns. You might take one back. But you will probably never not lose a town.

3) Politics makes or breaks this game. You can have all the fire power in the world and be able to put up 20k biremes. If you can't be diplomatic to an extent that at least someone doesn't want to attack you, then you won't make it very far. On the flip side don't turn the game into woodstock. Remember this is a war game. That being said if you become a super power, you have the responsibility to act as such and not pact everyone.

4) Agreed.

5) Lying is very common. Detecting it is very essential or else you'll get pulled into the wrong war.

6) Full time job that is. Its why I don't currently lead.

7) I look at it slightly different. While glory is a big thing in Grepo, surviving to the end of a server is much more rare. Especially now a days when the temptation to start a new on an exciting world is always there. Keeping your players interested and surviving might make you a valuable commodity where you weren't before at times.

DeletedUser9276

Go to google and type in Groms guide to grepolis. Thank me later.

2) Its true and at some point you'll fall asleep and lose a city or two. Even if you have the alarm, there is almost no chance that you will keep all of your towns. You might take one back. But you will probably never not lose a town.
I have never lost a town, then again not everyone can be as great as me ;)

DeletedUser

Cheers, and thank you all for the advice! MUAH!

Alliance Dissolved.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Glad to help :)

And with Point #7 of mine with what Smilodon said; He is correct. Like I said, each world lasting roughly 1.5-2 years. I haven't even been playing this game a full year yet.. Keeping people that long and keeping them active and such, is a very hard skill as well. You just gotta find the willing. Can't make people play who don't want to! :)

Btw check out your alliance. I'm impressed with your strength already! Keep growing and my team and other "big boys" might have to watch out for you! haha :D

DeletedUser4951

I'd like to make point #8.

8) Use the externals to create an image that you want. It sounds silly, but having watched guys like Bend and done it myself. I can say that controlling the externals can take you from down 60 cities in a war, to turning your enemy's ally on them and quickly coming back for the win. (This really happened). It can also turn an entire world against you and knock you flat down. You can soak up so much info on the externals, as well as fine an ally that suits your needs, or determine threats and figure them out early.

So I don't leave vague statements. A few things that people always enjoy reading in the world are funny stories, pictures of funny attacks (blur out your troops), A PnP which is where you create an interesting story to describe a betrayal or hilarious battle in order to turn the crowd on the enemy...or just brag, top 12 alliance threads, etc. Oh it also adds to the life and experience of a world I find. Lively external forums tend to keep players interested in the long run. Which keeps our world more alive than others. :)

@Bend, we can't all be as good as you. :(

DeletedUser

Speaking of which.. Apparently Gengar is on the loose! Anyone got an Ultra Ball?

DeletedUser

I'd like to make point #8.

8) Use the externals to create an image that you want.

It's been years since I've been in any way active on the externals. However, I do have to say that you boys are giving me a great reason to come and read them regularly.