Reset during World Wonders

DeletedUser7531

Baris is the world- we are about to take the 7th WW when Mike.22mba resets and starts in protection mode. He builds quickly and his team begins flipping the WW cities to him so they are protected in beginners mode and can have the benefit of moral. He is low in points now so has moral playing on his side.

This is an unfair advantage- Grepolis stopped Vacation mode in WW due to people taking advantage of the game rules. This is a worse loop hole than the VM.

Gives them protection in WW cities during beginners protection
Allows them to rebuild and stack the cities
Allows a very low moral player to have an unfair advantage in protecting the WW's.

Please address ASAP this world has gone on forever and it's time for a fair winner!

Whitty

Citizen
I agree with Ever Ready.

Please consider changing the rules where a player who ghosts and re-sets cannot re-enter the world. If they are allowed to re-enter, then they should not be allowed to be a world wonder player. Otherwise, this will be a new tactic used to stall wonders in all worlds. Right now, new players cannot join at a certain point and this should be the same rule for players who reset.

And, please consider changing morale for WW players to 100% morale, once they join an active WW. We're also seeing alliances "downsize" players so they can simply take advantage of the low morale issue.

These schemes may also encourage multi-accounting, as all a player has to do reset or downsize, take wonders, get stacked by alliance and not play very much the rest of the world, unless attacked.

These stratagems adversely impact the intent of the game and prolong the end game.

DeletedUser15526

Every Ready is absolutely correct. Moral and Beginners protection were never meant to protect a World Wonder. They were meant to protect the player. This totally under minds the integrity and sportsmanship of the game. Every city on a Wonder Island should always have 100% moral and never have beginners protection.

DeletedUser12548

I agree completely with what was said above. If this doesn't get changed every server will drag on forever like Baris has. I have to give them credit for finding a loophole like this but it should've never been allowed and it's cheating the system

DeletedUser13416

Being able to reset during WW phase after the world is closed to new players and having beginners' protection is just asking for an abuse of the rules and offers a cheap psychological trick to delay the WW phase in the same manner as the VM was used, this loophole needs to be closed.

DeletedUser15536

Two points I would offer :
First: what I did was well within the rules. I don't multi account or bot. I looked at the rules that allow for reset and beg pro and decided it was something that made sense for us to try. As this game evolves like all things people will look for ways to use the rules in their favor. For example Inno changed the rules to limit the size of an alliance to spur activity. What did people do? They just made several pacts. Now we have worlds that start with 3 or 4 alliances already working as one. So the job of the developers is to continue as they have done to watch game play and adjust the rules to create the most exciting game play possible. As they do this we players will continue to find ways to take advantage of the rules.

Second: there are plenty of parts of the game that we all agree are absolutely wrong. But me finding a strategy that is legal is not cheating. It's clever and risky. If something happens and we fail all that responsibility is on me. But what I did is nothing compared to multi accounting and botting. Those are expressly forbidden and against the rules.

So stop complaining to the mods for help. Look at what you can do to plan your next step in winning the game. That is what a war game is about.

DeletedUser13394

First: what I did was well within the rules. I don't multi account or bot. I looked at the rules that allow for reset and beg pro and decided it was something that made sense for us to try. As this game evolves like all things people will look for ways to use the rules in their favor. For example Inno changed the rules to limit the size of an alliance to spur activity. What did people do? They just made several pacts. Now we have worlds that start with 3 or 4 alliances already working as one. So the job of the developers is to continue as they have done to watch game play and adjust the rules to create the most exciting game play possible. As they do this we players will continue to find ways to take advantage of the rules.

Second: there are plenty of parts of the game that we all agree are absolutely wrong. But me finding a strategy that is legal is not cheating. It's clever and risky. If something happens and we fail all that responsibility is on me. But what I did is nothing compared to multi accounting and botting. Those are expressly forbidden and against the rules.

So stop complaining to the mods for help. Look at what you can do to plan your next step in winning the game. That is what a war game is about.

Great response Mike. I agree that you enacted within the rules, and I tip my hat to your ingenuity. That was a brilliant strategy, but I think we both can agree that, although within the rules, it is against the integrity of the game and spirit of fair play. What we are asking for here is for the Developers to look into this action and make a change to benefit all Parties, this World, and all future Worlds.

My apologies to you if any of these posts are made personal towards you and/or your alliance by any members of our group. We respect your play, but request a listening ear from the Developing group to hear our claim for a change request.

DeletedUser15536

Great response Mike. I agree that you enacted within the rules, and I tip my hat to your ingenuity. That was a brilliant strategy, but I think we both can agree that, although within the rules, it is against the integrity of the game and spirit of fair play. What we are asking for here is for the Developers to look into this action and make a change to benefit all Parties, this World, and all future Worlds.

My apologies to you if any of these posts are made personal towards you and/or your alliance by any members of our group. We respect your play, but request a listening ear from the Developing group to hear our claim for a change request.

I appreciate your post. I get frustrated when I see so many players cheat and nothing seems to be done about it. But in this s case I do not cheat and come up with a strategy that gives my alliance a chance and I see nothing but complaints. I agree with your points mostly but I would suggest inno needs to change the end game totally not just this"loophole" as so many are calling it. I do not agree about morale though. This is a morale world and part of the strategy when you attack or are being attacked is morale. That should not change regardless of where or when you are in the course of a server.

DeletedUser13394

I appreciate your post. I get frustrated when I see so many players cheat and nothing seems to be done about it. But in this s case I do not cheat and come up with a strategy that gives my alliance a chance and I see nothing but complaints. I agree with your points mostly but I would suggest inno needs to change the end game totally not just this"loophole" as so many are calling it. I do not agree about morale though. This is a morale world and part of the strategy when you attack or are being attacked is morale. That should not change regardless of where or when you are in the course of a server.

I would certainly love to see Inno introduce alternative ways to win this game. I can immediately think of at least 2 other options that would allow for Alliances to act and counteract accordingly (listed below), but i would disagree with you that keeping a low morale player on WW's as a last ditch effort to avoid losing it, and not trying to win 7 for 7 outright would be a winning strategy, it just prolongs the game. We will be thinking of an counterstrategy while Inno considers our request.

Alternate winning methods:
  1. Obtaining all 7 World Wonders (Current)
  2. 100% city share, inclusive of anchors, by an Alliance, any ocean.
  3. 75% city share, excluding anchors, by an Alliance, all oceans.

DeletedUser15536

I would suggest that as an end game just add a clock. Meaning once a wonder is built put a time limit that ends the game. Then like all of us addicts we will spend like crazy until the end and then start a new world as fast as we can.

DeletedUser6467

Traitors , spies , backstabbers and the like , I have seen in this game for many years now. They have changed the very outcome of worlds I have witnessed firsthand. Many players find anyway they can to gain the upper hand on their enemies , alliances too. So while I am supposed to sit here and applaud your " ingenuity " and brilliance in finding that upper hand , it is most definitely a LOOPHOLE in the end.

I implore the directors of the game to make necessary changes to the practice of manipulating game rules for an unfair advantage. Honor , integrity and respect is also part of a WAR game. Yes , win at all costs , but the win should not be muddied with unfairness.

DeletedUser8870

great topic and some very great points that are listed here, but just like anything we suggest it always seems to fly upon deaf ears, it took us years to get the vm changed, this topic was brought up right in the original beta servers but they let that "loophole" slip through and it took years of complaints to finally make the change. this game is all about loop holes to win and it will never change, such as receiving double bp by attacking a town that you sent defensive units to to protect it...another one that we addressed in beta...and here many many many years later it's still there! we left numerous negative feedback to the new farming village aspect of game, and of course not a single response to the feedback...confused as to why they would create a feedback thread and just let it sit there completely ignoring it....but alas...i love this game but it is slowly going down a downword spiral and the future of the game I forsee is bleak unless some changes are made and feedback is actually taking into consideration

DeletedUser9133

Rules
https://us.grepolis.com/start/rules

3bc4b9fb7b414ae3af8a4903d0da2f30.png

DeletedUser13074

A software bug is an error, flaw, failure or fault in a computer program or system that causes it to produce an incorrect or unexpected result, or to behave in unintended ways.

By definition, it is a bug.

DeletedUser13074

And by definition, you violated the players agreement, and sanction and punishment is appropriate.

DeletedUser13074

Taking an advantage of a bug for competitive advantage is a violation of the players agreement!

Donna posted it. you violated the players agreement. You admit doing it!