Reputation Power

DeletedUser

Can someone clarify for me what reputation power is and how one gets it.
Thanks you

DeletedUser11560

on the bottom left of each post, there is a star. click on it.

Rep is "your reputation"

the more green bars you have(its under your name), the better. If youy have red bars, then that means
A. No one likes you
B. you troll
C. All of above.

DeletedUser

Thanks, maybe I didn't make my question clear enough. I understand rep, but there is, when you go to settings, a stat that is "rep" power. I was wondering what, specifically, that is and how it is earned.

DeletedUser

Reputation power is the amount of reputation points that you can give or take from a user when you use the reputation system. You gain power based on a few criteria:

Post Count
Reputation Points
Registration Date

Gaining reputation would be the fastest way to climb the rep power ladder. You can do so by posting quality content, such as guides, graphics, PnP, top 12, newspapers, etc.

DeletedUser

Here's another question (legitimate), What good is the "reputation power"? I ask, because the first 2 or 3 years I played here, it wasn't really a functioning thing, and was largely ignored, both by players and mods. I like Crim's description of HOW it is arrived at, but there was and is nothing I have seen that says WHAT it does, or WHY bother with it. I am seriously curious, because ALOT (no, not ALL, but quite a few), of the people I see with the highest reputations, have the WORST reputations in game. I mean, I guess it kind of figures, when you think about it. If you are willing to do, what some have done, they really have no choice but to make sure everyone knows, lol.

DeletedUser

Reputation Power is a representation of your participation in the forum community. It would be impossible for us to grab an accurate representation of a player's overall reputation. Therefore the reputation system is isolated solely to your contributions on the forums.

With that being said, a reputation system on any forum is highly opinion based. There will be some users that disagree with the opinion of others. However, unless you are losing or gaining reputation power due to abuse, the moderation team does not interfere with the reputation system.