Reputation - Discussion

DeletedUser

Discuss the Rep System and changes here.

Kind regards,

Josh.

DeletedUser10417

I reylly dont like rep. on forum... Thats the reason why those forums are better than en...

DeletedUser

Nice work
Surprised it took this long since the infastructure is already in place on EN forums

DeletedUser10773

Sometimes I think rep should be automatically signed. Might keep some of the lowlifes from using -rep indiscriminately. It's OK to disagree with someone, but malicious comments are uncalled for.

DeletedUser11481

I reylly dont like rep. on forum... Thats the reason why those forums are better than en...

I definitely got to disagree with you there. The post quality when rep was removed plummeted - PnP all but stopped practically globally and a steady stream of people stopped using the forums. When there is no system in place to incentivise quality posts, no one will make quality posts. We are fortunate that with all the competitions and changes lately that people are flocking back to the externals in droves - brings a little tear to my eye :p

But still, the point stands about rep. It seems to be better - obviously Crim didnt use the cookie cutter version that .en uses. You should already be able to tell, 1 rep doesnt give you a ton of rep bars regardless of who reps you (observational data only, on my part)

DeletedUser11560

Oh finally, why do some people have 2 bars and some have 1 bar?

DeletedUser

I was wondering that. I was also wondering if there is a way to give rep yet.

DeletedUser

This is the place for useful discussion and suggestions regarding the rep system. Any more spam and you will be infracted.

Kind regards,

Josh.

DeletedUser11560

How come we already have rep but don't have the power to rep someone?

DeletedUser36

It is because some people had a big amount of rep before it was taken away, so they gave those people a maximum of 150 points or something like that.

I'm so glad to see it back. Those green bars give me so much happiness.

DeletedUser

This is the place for useful discussion and suggestions regarding the rep system. Any more spam and you will be infracted.

Kind regards,

Josh.

Who was spamming? If it was me then I apologize, but I don't think it was. I just asked a question about how to give rep and why some people have more than others. Thanks!

Also, there must be a way to give rep already because you gained a bar (went from 2 to 3) today. Am I just missing this? Thanks.

DeletedUser36

He probably gave himself more rep than the rest of us to give himself an unfair advantage
watching_you_png_by_nfc_by_ninetailsfoxchan-d510qmz.png

Anyway, I believe this is Stage 2 so rep can't be given yet, it is just showing up.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13

Nice to see new members fighting for rep! :)
Just like in old days when we just started!

DeletedUser

He probably gave himself more rep than the rest of us to give himself an unfair advantage
watching_you_png_by_nfc_by_ninetailsfoxchan-d510qmz.png

Anyway, I believe this is Stage 2 so rep can't be given yet, it is just showing up.

Thanks Beast. Does anyone know how many bars is 150 points?

DeletedUser10773

Who was spamming? If it was me then I apologize, but I don't think it was. I just asked a question about how to give rep and why some people have more than others. Thanks!

Also, there must be a way to give rep already because you gained a bar (went from 2 to 3) today. Am I just missing this? Thanks.

Since my previous post was deleted I assume he considered it spam, although it was not intended as such. It was intended to insert a bit of levity into the discussion, but since all he wants is serious then by all means I'll stick to serious. Since it's already been announced that the rep system will be reinstated I guess I'll just wait and have no more to say on the matter.