Regarding shared internet connections....

DeletedUser

Dear Sir:

I was wondering if you could answer some questions regarding the shared internet restrictions. My husband, roommate, & I have recently started playing and (although its not likely since we are all highly competitive between each other) I haven't found anything that states whether or not we can join the same alliance? It seems with the wording of the registration for shared connection that we can't "cooperate" in game at all....

Also, the registration notice via the game says the declaration must be in effect for 3 days & then a 48 hour cancellation period. Does that mean after 5 days (approx) we can play together as friends or neighbors? I suppose I'm unclear on what the difference is between 3 household members playing together & 3 friends playing together with a shared voice connection (ie skype, phone, or other such tool)?

Thank you for your consideration,
Jazmyne

DeletedUser

You can be in an alliance together, though, you can't attack, support or send resources to the same player without waiting for 48 hours between each attack/support/trade. If you decide to play Grepolis with multiple people in a household I highly recommend joining different worlds. You can't help eachother in-game anyways.

I believe this rule is in place to prevent people from creating multiple accounts to help themselves.

DeletedUser

Skully is right, you can be in the same alliance, but you cannot interact the accounts in anyway.

Also, the registration notice via the game says the declaration must be in effect for 3 days & then a 48 hour cancellation period. Does that mean after 5 days (approx) we can play together as friends or neighbors? I suppose I'm unclear on what the difference is between 3 household members playing together & 3 friends playing together with a shared voice connection (ie skype, phone, or other such tool)?

What this means is that after you declare a shared connection there can be no interaction at all until you cancel the shared connection, then there is a 48 hour period after cancelling it that you cannot work together. If you cancel the connection, this means that none of the 3 of you are still going to play on the same connection at all. So be sure you only cancel the shared connection when you know that will be accurate.

Hope this explains it better, but if there is any further confusion at all, please ask. Its better to ask than to be banned.

DeletedUser

Why can't we send support to the same player. I understand support to each other but not to the same player.

DeletedUser

Because you could be making 6 accounts and send all your biremes from all those accounts to one person. Obviously, this is not fair. Therefore Innogames has decided that people sharing their internet connection should not be able to work together.

DeletedUser

I don't think so because you can earn free bp if your multi accounting.

DeletedUser

The rules don't mention attacking eachother... I believe they should, but at the moment they don't.

DeletedUser247

I play with my younger sister, and I'm sure she would be very happy if she figured out I couldn't attack her :p.