Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mostly Dissatisfied (20%)

• Very Dissatisfied (0%)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser836

Please leave any feedback regarding the recent forum competitions. You may also make suggestions for new competitions here. I will review all suggestions for competitions and will use them if they have merit.

DeletedUser7318

I think that both ideas were sound in theory, but don't really play out in a very fun or engaging manner.

For the Battleship style game, I feel like it's very easy to manipulate in the favor of people who know each other rather than players who go at it as lone players. I'm not going to accuse anyone of anything, but it felt a bit suspicious where while before the 2 other reply rule was taken away, the game was super active and competitive because there were a decent number of people playing it, and there was no way to coordinate through the chaos.

However, as time went on and random people stopped commenting, and the rule was changed to you only have to wait for one other person to post, the competitive spirit seemed to completely die/stagnate, and it felt like every time I posted and there was only one other person there, people chose to dip out and wait for people they were aligned with to get on and for me to leave the forum(I noticed people doing this, and had a feeling that players I'm referencing were in the same alliance somewhere-- so I checked, and low and behold, they were)

So that one was a great concept and had potential, but ended up being a bit disappointing to the point where it just wasn't fun to play it anymore due to what I consider unsavory tactics and unprovable potential collusion(other than the literal admittance of such in the comment right after mine)

As for the word search, that just seemed boring. I did the first one, but then I realized I was spending a lot of time for a relatively small chance at getting a few gold, and there was no interaction with other players/tangible competition. It would've probably been a bit more fun if the words were Grepolis related rather than just being random words.

On the poll I rated them "Somewhat satisfied" for these reasons. Concepts were definitely respectable, but how they panned out wasn't quite amazing from my point of view.

Still, they're definitely better than nothing, and it's cool that you guys are hosting these competitions presumably to inspire more forum activity.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15503

Mostly satisfied

I played with a teammate at the battleship and it made the thing funny because we could make some strategies.
Mostly satisfied however the word cross is a bit hard

DeletedUser7318

Mostly satisfied

I played with a teammate at the battleship and it made the thing funny because we could make some strategies.
Mostly satisfied however the word cross is a bit hard

I hope you realize that using teammates to collude will be the most likely reason that they don't bring a similar style of contest back in the future.

It also ruins the entire competitive spirit of the game. A bit lame that you can even admit to doing this without being ashamed of ruining the game just to grab a thousand gold over the course of several days.

DeletedUser836

I try to do competitions that are fun to some degree, but I am limited on what I can do. I have noticed that competitions that require lots of work do not usually do as well as ones that are quick and easy. Spring word search week had Spring words so that way we could celebrate the start of Spring. I do know some of the words may have been difficult. In the future, the words will be simpler ones.

DeletedUser11525

Tried battleship, but lost the links, so dropped it. Word search hasn't caught my attention.

Guess the god/hero was fun, and a bit educational. But the first correct answer winning was a bit unfair if you couldn't be on line when the hints were posted. A couple I knew, but had been answered by the time I got home from work.