Rebalancing Feedback Thread

DeletedUser

I do like the new technologies, manticores are gonna be op as crap now that they are buffed and cost less favor

DeletedUser

Those tech changes are looking great so far! While players are finally going to start making use of Diplomacy, Espionage and Cryptography techs, I think that meteorology should be buffed more, maybe increase the looting capacity of land based attacks or perhaps enhance the combat value of units when attacking farming villages.

DeletedUser8562

I like it. Some units will be a lil OP (cough mantis) but that makes em more likely to be built in revolt worlds i guess :D

DeletedUser10603

Can't wait to finally be able to replace my lost manti's haha! A lot going on, should be fun!

DeletedUser7582

It all looks pretty good, except the downgrading of medusa.

I assume the reduced favor/increased res for myths is designed to coincide with the gold for res trading ... a little cynical, me thinks.

DeletedUser

I love the game but have a few "suggestions" that really need to be considered and implemented to improve overall game play.

#1) MORALE should be a negative effect of one's sailors (troops) based on the amount of time spent away from their Home Port (city); not as it is presently used. For example, longer sailing times will cause your troops to fight with decreased vigor and strength. MORALE should simply be a time/distance based negative attack buffer that is calculated on the amount of time since leaving home port and arriving at the attack destination.

#2) The current "Morale" buffer should be renamed to describe what it really is, an "Advantage" or "Balancing" buffer; or eliminated all together. I feel that this is currently the biggest flaw in the way that the game is played.

In my humble opinion, this next one is the single biggest "new" improvement that can be made to the way the game is played....

#3) Allowing attacking units to launch attacks from ally controlled cities! This is a war game that currently does not allow for the most basic principal in war (in either real life or in a game); to take/use forward locations so you can launch future attacks from that point.

Now, to allow this new enhancement to coincide with my #1 suggestion (changing the effect of troop morale) I suggest the following:
a) Introduce the "Captain" unit to the game. All regular land/sea units must be led by a Captain in order to move. Morale buffers would be applied individually to each Captain and the effect applied to battles as buffers do now. Or as another option, use Divine Envoys to serve in the role of Captains and lead troops.
b) Units should regain full Morale upon landing in or returning to their "Home city/port".
c) Units should regain Morale slowly (similar to Favor) when being "Stationed" (as support) in another city belonging to the same player.
d) Units should neither gain or lose morale when stationed in the city of another ally. Morale would be frozen while they are stationed there and would resume to fall once they set sail again until they return to their home port.
e) Mythical attacks should not be affected by Morale. They are non-human creatures and do not share our weaknesses.

I like what I have read about the other rebalancing issues. I hope that the suggestions I have made above are received well and given serious consideration and implemented ASAP. I can't wait to play in a new world that would allow for such improvements and I know many others would enjoy them as well.

Respectfully....

DeletedUser8562

20 catapults
Resource cost (with Conscription): 3 x 700 x 20 x 0.9 = 37800
Battle point value: 15 * 20 = 300

City festival
15000 + 18000 + 15000 = 48000 resources

Victory procession
300 battle points

Does anyone see where I'm going with this?

ofc i do but time is a factor, too right?

DeletedUser8562

That's eleven catapults per city with maxed out barracks on a speed one world, or thirty-three catapults if you're playing on a speed three world. I could literally generate 4950 extremely cheap battle points per day in Olympia if I used my ten bireme cities to build catapults and suicide them - it's not like they're using the barracks anyway. And that's on a server where most people are happy to get two thousand battle points per day.

thats true. very true

DeletedUser

You can save more than with the CS victory parade, if this were correct.

Haven`t checked it yet. I will deal with desaster, when it strikes :(

DeletedUser

Most of the changes look good. Think Catapults are too cheap and wouldn't mind seeing even more of a speed increase, say to 3 or 4.

Agree with kharnath about mythical units though....don't need to dumb them down that much. Research changes are very good.

DeletedUser

There are many changes that I have discussed over the years with many people, and while they all have merit (some more than others), I have a couple that I think should be addressed. FIRST, while GREPOLIS has a decidedly HEAVY slant towards defense, which has created a "simmer friendly" environment, (its a fair statement, that about 65%+ merely respond to phone alarms, and do little else at a certain point), The heavy allocation of BP also favors defense, and that is having a totally anti-attacking" effect. While getting 1 1/2 times the BP for defensively supporting someone else is great for building the inner workings of an alliance, it is yet ANOTHER slant for the simmer and encourages little action. ABP should ALWAYS be awarded at a higher rate, as to attack, you are already having to do more. It costs more, it takes longer to rebuild, there is risk. And lets be honest, ATTACKING is the lifeblood of the game. Otherwise the name of the game should really be changed to "INTERNAL CLAIMS-POLIS". Sound like any alliances only growth philosophies to anyone else? Just the concept that frequent attacking (THUS ACTIVITY, and making a game people WANT to play, DOESNT help you grow FASTER than sitting waiting for the attack alarm to go off, and calling for help, then nothing else, is ENTIRELY BACKWARDS!) How much MORE of an advantage does the defense need? For that matter, ARE there ANY advantages to EVER attacking (other than staying sane, and wanting to play)?
SECOND, if you are attacking or defending, the battle reports do not show the remaining numbers of troops if you fail to kill them all. That is fine, but anyone with ANY support in the city knows WHO was attacking and from WHERE. That is fine as well, UNLESS you attack a city, and clear it, and in THAT event, the attacker will see the dead totals but not origins of the troops and who they belong to. THIS IS A DEPARTURE FROM THE EXPLANATION previously offered by GREPOLIS. The resin you can't see what is in the city is all you troops died, should ALSO hold true for attackers.....i.e., if ALL the defenders are killed, why can my troops not walk around, and look at the uniforms on the bodies, or whatever, and know where they came from? Its bad enough, that even if all defenders are killed, the defender can still see exactly what and from who was attacking, regardless of all being killed, but yet offensive victory doesn't do the same, despite the same reasoning. It would be VERY important to know, since knowing exactly who your fighting, and from where they came could be useful. Defenders know which of my cities may now be empty, yet i don't have the same luxury? Or better yet, even to know if everyone is truly playing on the level. If i need to explain that last sentence, then you have never played the game at all, lol.
AND LASTLY, (well, there are literally dozens of others, but rather than tinker, ill just mention the 3 that are creating bad play environments for the game), is the HERO SITUATION! I know, I know, but it HAS to be addressed. While I am sure that a lot of money, time and effort went into the concept of the "HEROES", the OVERWHELMING majority of the people i play with, in both conquest AND revolt, older servers AND the new ones, mostly agree that this is something that should be a feature AT BEST!!! The failure of the HERO WORLDS was due to.......THE HEROS and the way the idea re-shapes the game. NOT because of ANYTHING else with the format the HERO WORLDS used. For example, starting with 3 cities rather than 1, is a MUCH better start to the game, and holds the interest better, allows players to get more deeply involved, and sooner than the old format, yet this portion, one of the parts that was loved by the majority of players has NOT been implemented ANYWHERE else, yet the HEROES themselves, which was the portion of those worlds that was NOT enjoyed by the vast majority of players, is the ONLY part that WAS salvaged, and not just salvaged, but more RAMMED DOWN OUR THROATS! That they are now a part of the game on ALL new worlds recently, suggests that someone just won't accept the defeat of the effort, and move on. If these were made an OPTION for the world creators, as game speed and world speed are, as well as alliance size, etc., then the players who may enjoy this feature (I haven't met many of them), to join the appropriate world for their tastes, while the rest (and the "rest", being the HUGE majority of players i have spoken with, and i don't mean in the external forums), could actually enjoy playing again, or choosing to continue playing. And after all, rather than a "pie in the sky" grab at new players or whatever the goal was with those, the current rank and file players are the ones who put in the time, and SPEND the money on the extras, and that is what powers our game at the end of the day, isn't it? The players have spoken, as they did in beta, and the HERO worlds, yet the voice goes ignored.
I submit this for what it is worth, so that the powers that be, will see what i believe they have heard time and time again, to help improve the game (which CAN be done, creating positive and negatives for ALL sides), and also to ensure that at least one more voice is heard, other than the usual 30-40 people who comment on the external forums all the time, everyday, about everything, many, many times on the same threads, over and over, lol, as their opinions may be valid, but that there are WAY more of the silent masses, and their opinions have been heard. Good luck, as its not an easy task to incorporate so much into the game, or to remove what never should have been added in the first place, it is certainly not a job i would want to have to tackle. Thanks

DeletedUser11157

Pretty Long Winded... All to say that you think Attackers should get more BP and should be able to see where the defenders came from, and that you don't like heroes, right?

DeletedUser5576

I have only one problem with the heroes, it takes too long to get coins to buy new ones and/or upgrade old ones. I believe that needs to be improved. Maybe you can loot coins from cities you attack, or you simply earn all the heroes and use the coins to upgrade them. As for the starting with multiple cities, that was the BEST IDEA that Grepolis ever had!!!! It doesn't have to be implemented on all worlds, but it could appear some, which would be much appreciated. As for the rebalancing, I love it all, but I do agree with Damage Inc., I would rather see more improvements mad to attacks, similar to the ones he suggested, than more help with defenders.

DeletedUser

I think there should be an announcement outlining the re-balancing as it stands, it seems like you are slipping the changes in without properly alterting players which will throw off many. Please make an announcement that states that the game is being re-balanced not just that we have a new update to the game. This is the largest change seance the update to 2.0 and it would be great to see it treated as such. The 2.0 update was very highly anticipated and dreaded and we talked about it for months before it happened with full details on how it worked. This caused many players to leave the game but it also spurned many pre-made alliances and gold use for the first few new 2.0 worlds. The hero update was talked about for months before its release as well and the new hero worlds had players flocking to them to try them out with all their buddies and the change effected much less about the strategy of the game as a whole than this re-balancing. It seems that Inno is worried that if players are warned of the massive changes that will be taking place in 2 days some may leave, but it only seems fare that you give every player a real warning about the changes that will take place when they change everything you thought knew about building the most effective nukes and defending your city.

Last edited by a moderator: