Rate the Player above you...

DeletedUser

Ximi, it would seem that my entrance to this game has not gone unnoticed as my newest city was attacked just moments out of protection. I fear I may be quite outnumbered here in Ocean 16 by the members of Dominance. Any suggestions as to where I may find refuge as I learn the game?

DeletedUser8562

Ximi, it would seem that my entrance to this game has not gone unnoticed as my newest city was attacked just moments out of protection. I fear I may be quite outnumbered here in Ocean 16 by the members of Dominance. Any suggestions as to where I may find refuge as I learn the game?

OCEAN 16??????????????

DeletedUser

The noob doesn't know any better but you Mr Clothesoff should. Lets try to keep it on topic >_< I don't think you need anymore infractions :)

DeletedUser6798

KDD..

~42/50

but 10 point deduction for a poorly uploaded signature.

DeletedUser9476

There are many alliances on this server. I would look at finding one that is willing to teach you the basics and has the patience to do so. Everyone has been new to this game at some point! I wish you well.

Since i have already rated Oliver I will go with KDD. 48/50!!!!!

DeletedUser2630

what are we rating the players on? LOL

In terms of using gold......we should distinguish between those using it for farming assists etc and those used to accelerate builds of troops/ships and buildings. On another server I have more than 60 cities and the prospect of clicking every village (8x60=480) is mind-numbing. Even the 60 clicks I use with the gold assist (Captain is it?) is a pain. So yes, I use gold for that. Not going to waste it on accelerated builds though. On another server I have never used gold and my 17 cities there are a pain. I'm in hope the devs allow us to farm villages without gold at some point.

DeletedUser

I agree, I tried that farming without the Captain on another server and almost got divorced...not good. :eek:

DeletedUser8562

what are we rating the players on? LOL

In terms of using gold......we should distinguish between those using it for farming assists etc and those used to accelerate builds of troops/ships and buildings. On another server I have more than 60 cities and the prospect of clicking every village (8x60=480) is mind-numbing. Even the 60 clicks I use with the gold assist (Captain is it?) is a pain. So yes, I use gold for that. Not going to waste it on accelerated builds though. On another server I have never used gold and my 17 cities there are a pain. I'm in hope the devs allow us to farm villages without gold at some point.

somebody submitted an idea that with gold you can do all villages all cities in one click

^^^ love that idea!

DeletedUser2630

I like the idea too, but don't like the idea of the game costing more money than it does and making the gap between gold and non-gold users even bigger. I'd prefer the devs come up with something like advertising revenue to make the game less expensive than more.

DeletedUser

Bayou,

The best way not to be punished for 'not using' some gold is the faster servers. I promise you, these slow servers drives impatient gamers to their paypal accounts. For every plus there is a minus. Slow servers are a bit more forgiving to the casual player, but they pick the pockets of the impatient.

I've used more freakin gold in the last six months than the past three years of playing grepo. Unfortunately I am past the point of no return. I've been sucked in by Upsilon.

I say 'never again!' to a slow server, but I've said never again to playing grepo for 2 years now.

Is there a Grepo-Anonymous?

The fact that you've achieved this much wthout the use of gold is very very impressive. I have known some top shelf, spitze klasse grepo players who have not used gold. I am not in such an elite class of players.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hi Adanethin, my name is Gary....and I also have a problem :(

DeletedUser2630

Bayou,

The best way not to be punished for 'not using' some gold is the faster servers. I promise you, these slow servers drives impatient gamers to their paypal accounts. For every plus there is a minus. Slow servers are a bit more forgiving to the casual player, but they pick the pockets of the impatient.

I've used more freakin gold in the last six months than the past three years of playing grepo. Unfortunately I am past the point of no return. I've been sucked in by Upsilon.

I say 'never again!' to a slow server, but I've said never again to playing grepo for 2 years now.

Is there a Grepo-Anonymous?

The fact that you've achieved this much wthout the use of gold is very very impressive. I have known some top shelf, spitze klasse grepo players who have not used gold. I am not in such an elite class of players.

I don't mean to misrepresent - I have used gold. Impossible for me to farm without going crazy without using gold for the Captain, Administrator, etc. I just don't use it for accelerating builds in the Senate, Harbor or elsewhere like that.
As long as we have our queues as full as possible at all times I think it's possible to compete without excessive gold use. What kills a player who doesn't use gold much is having nothing building overnight.

Good points on going to a faster server - my play has all been on these slow buggers so far :)

DeletedUser

First and last time on a slow server, although I like slagging people for using gold, I'm not immune to it myself, I could never go back to farming without it, I'd be divorced if I did. I avoid using it for slots though, I'd rather earn them...to each their own.

DeletedUser

I avoid using it for slots though, I'd rather earn them...to each their own.

There is actually a sweet spot for using gold for slots, like 1 to 15 cities. The catch is that you need a level 30 academy. After 15 it becomes ridiculously expensive, and one should never outright 'buy' a slot but instead combine it with VPs.

But I have been known to run Olympics in emergencies (a juicy target opens up) or before an op when I need a slot. Those early days are over though, because right now I'm looking at 50 cps to my next city slot. At 50g a pop for an Olympic, that'd cost me 2,500 gold for a city slot (no thank you!!!). However, back when I only had several cities, quests, raiding and a sprinkle of 100-200g would quickly see me to my next slot, and I grew like a weed. Although 150 gold buys all the premi characters for two weeks, bone really doesn't need them below 10-12 cities.

DeletedUser6798

This has gotten reallly off topic haha
smiley_emoticons_daumendreh2.gif