Quitting The Game & Why

DeletedUser

I was shocked today to see just what happens when you choose not to join an alliance and you get ganged up on by multiple players from an alliance. I have been playing about a month now, had built up to 4,700 points. I had made 4 or 5 gold purchases and was building up a nice city. Then I was ganged up on by 3 players from an alliance I refused to join, was conquered after 24 hours worth of an attack and I lost my entire game, my city, the money I had paid in, the time I spent putting my city in order, and told to start from the very beginning again. Since this is the case, I am now quitting this game and will never recommend it to anyone for the ludicrous game rules that drive many players away from games like this and obviously there are no rules in place to prevent single players from being ganged up on and losing the finances they paid in. I had more than 2,300 in gold when I was attacked and I lost all of that and was told to create a new city in a new world by the game following the attack. This is just stupid and totally turned me away from this game.

DeletedUser5973

What where you expecting? and you didn't lose your gold

DeletedUser

I expect during an attack greater than I am able to defend to take parts of a city, but not the entire thing. In the browser-based games of today, losing an entire city and starting over from the very beginning like a new player is unprecedented. No other game to my knowledge does this.

DeletedUser10866

Go play clash of clan then. Your not cut out to play these kind of brutal games where its a dog eat dog world. When I first played this game, I've joined a noob alliance and learn the curves of the game from them and eventually met new players whom were trust worthy to play with.

...and yes, i've been rimmed couple of times thoughout my career.

DeletedUser11706

i am an olde guy with no ability to use a credit card, and i have never asked anyone too.
i enjoy stupid grepo.. been at it for years ass well ;P...

DeletedUser15141

I have been playing Grepo for several years now, but I have to say Innogames has gone down a road that could damage the game long term. I understand that Inno has to make money, so I don't begrudge them that. But for many of us, the gold rush has ruined the game. The new rule is to win this game you have to be willing to spend large. Alliances created for those who have an unlimited budget for playing this game. Players spending big to quick build, buildings and mythical units. For instance, I had a player conquer a city next to me. No big deal. I sent a spy to see what kind of units I would be dealing with less than 2 hours later, he had 36 Erinyes and 27 Cerberus already there. They were not part of the conquest force, they were newly built. I cannot afford to keep up with these players and alliances. If I am to compete, I would have to spend myself into debt, and I am not going to do that. I would rather suggest a process of subscription to play the game, monthly or annually. I also have no problem with gold spent for the advisors. My major concern is that this will become the rule rather than the exception. There are alliances that tell you to spend to keep up. Again, I began playing this game as a chance to meet people from around the world and to pit my strategy against them, on an even playing field. Gold spending again has put this game into the hands of those who don't care to spend money. I am done. I believe 4-5 years of playing and spending some money, enjoying new friends and camaraderie is over. I would like to know if you change the way you charge to play the game. I will miss all of my friends. Thank You.

DeletedUser11791

I took a year off Grepo this year, but I remember when I first started. It was brutal, just as you described.
But, not wanting a game to beat me I persisted and learnt from my defeat, have avoided a rim job against my career because of it. Became top 25 in Sparta (cities/points) and ranked 16th in fighting (14th attacker and 64th defender), and our alliance won that world with brute effort, and defended it for several (exhausting) months after victory until it closed to avoid another crown being handed over. Then played played on in other worlds like actium, gela (cant remember the others) and i'm a top 100 player in the worlds I join...

My point to this story is, i'm still a late game mover and rough around the edges, but persistence in a game pays out if youre willing to learn the ropes through defeat.
You can learn a lot about being opped on by multiple players, a whole alliance, or even multiple whole alliances.

My best advice, read up on some useful hints and tips about the game. I'm pretty sure someone has done up a comprehensive strategy guide in here somewhere, i dunno, havent been on the forums much this year since it changed.

I will likely come back in a new world toward the end of the year. If you're keen on staying about, i'd be more than happy to help you out learning the ropes.

Sloth

DeletedUser6620

I take it from reading your post your a newcomer to the game sorry you lost your city but this is a game of Dog eat Dog this is why we have alliances to help you out. If you just want to build pritty city's play Sim City or something like it, It just will not work in this game, It's no good trying to go it alone your chances of survival are very slim to none. Besides your missing half the fun not being in a alliance especialy when there is a Major Cock Up.

DeletedUser15252

Thanks for this thread. I am very new to this game but not at all new to this type of game, having played a number of different ones over the years, including being an admin in another MMO game. Getting wiped isn't an issue but having to start entirely over, meaning you can lose your last or only city is an issue. Needing to spend massive amounts of money simply to compete, like GOW, is an issue.

I was just about to spend $80 on a gold offer. Now I will not. I'll continue to play until I'm wiped out and then I'll leave and find a new game.

So why leave this message here? Because the admin need to see what drives away new users and causes them to lose a sale.

Thanks Tom Cox for saving me $80.

DeletedUser3712

I was shocked today to see just what happens when you choose not to join an alliance and you get ganged up on by multiple players from an alliance. I have been playing about a month now, had built up to 4,700 points. I had made 4 or 5 gold purchases and was building up a nice city. Then I was ganged up on by 3 players from an alliance I refused to join, was conquered after 24 hours worth of an attack and I lost my entire game, my city, the money I had paid in, the time I spent putting my city in order, and told to start from the very beginning again. Since this is the case, I am now quitting this game and will never recommend it to anyone for the ludicrous game rules that drive many players away from games like this and obviously there are no rules in place to prevent single players from being ganged up on and losing the finances they paid in. I had more than 2,300 in gold when I was attacked and I lost all of that and was told to create a new city in a new world by the game following the attack. This is just stupid and totally turned me away from this game.

Wow, there are many reasons to dislike this game but your reasons make zero sense, since my last run in with the mods I truly hate the company, but still love the game. You should consider something less competitive, maybe a zynga game on facebook, they are kinda lame and should be perfect for you.

DeletedUser14769

I know exactly what the OP is talking about. And he's right. It's overwhelming when you begin, especially if you are attacked by multiple players and forced to restart over and over. It does not make the game interesting at all. Some of you have been playing for so long that you probably don't remember. But I do. By the way, lack of respect will also turn players away.

DeletedUser8513

To bad there is a "Warning" Your about to enter your worst nightmare. This game runs 24/7 w/ NO reprieve on the front page. ROTF.

DeletedUser15403

I expect during an attack greater than I am able to defend to take parts of a city, but not the entire thing. In the browser-based games of today, losing an entire city and starting over from the very beginning like a new player is unprecedented. No other game to my knowledge does this.
I love this game for that reason