Question

DeletedUser

I just started playing the game and am VERY scared that I may be playing it totally wrong!
So I've been building up the buildings, keeping them all equal...I have the barracks but not the city walls yet...
I've been recruiting I currently have 16 swordsmen...and I was wondering, I see alot of newer player such as myself having Slingers and Archers...I was wondering if there is an easier way to get them then raising the senate to 8 farm 6 and barracks 5? I was thinking that they used gold to get the academy so fast but yaaa...
I'm just worried that I won't be ready when the beginner block goes off...
Also I'm not familiar with the game's slang...
I belive a TS = transport ship CS = colony ship but ya..:confused:

DeletedUser39

Hello Dockendor,

First off, welcome to Grepolis, I hope you enjoy your stay, and hopefully we'll have a new professional added to our community soon.

Now, for your question; To get slingers and archers, you will need to construct your Academy and research them. Yes, there is a different way, but it's far more complicated, far more expensive, and takes far more time (If you still want to know, state so;) ). Now, your academy yields a set ammount of research points; evertime your Academy grows by 1 level, you will get 4 research points. Researches cost a certain ammount of resources, and a certain ammount of Research points. As you might've understood by now, the cap is 120 (Academy has 30 levels, 30*4 = 120) research points; you can add an additional 12 to this by building a Library later on.

With 120 research points, you by far can't research all available technologies; you'll have to pick which are most valuable to your city (A defensive city won't need any offensive technologies, and visa versa.

As for 'being ready' when BP comes off, this depends on the development of the other players on your island; if they all are inactive, you won't need many defences to start with, if you're facing someone that rockets up the rankings, you may want to be cautious. I would suggest anyone that starts playing just yet to heighten his/her wall to at least level 6, build the farm to level 15, and research city guard. By doing so, you will have standard defence, a small defence bonus, and 225 militia (These can be activated in the farm. For further clarification on militia, please state so). Just by playing like this, attackers will be less likely to pick you as a target, as they'll be losing troops at your city, without much gain.

And, yes, TS means Transport Ship, CS means Colony ship. If there's any other 'slang' you can't quite understand, state so;)

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask. I'm always around:)

DeletedUser

Thanks, that helped a lot! :D
So I joined a guy's alliance on my island "INDEPENDENT ARMED FORCES" and I\m awaiting him to accept my friend who took the last spot on the island..but I still have two other friends who I want to join us, where would they spawn? I'm guessing on one of the surrounding vacant islands?

DeletedUser39

I asume you invited them by the in-game 'invite a friend' option. If so, they should spawn near your island (on a different one, though). If you didn't invite them through this function, they will have to choose the same district you've chosen, although they might end up quite far away, as the 'random' city placement can act a bit odd sometimes.

DeletedUser

I would highly suggest looking through some guides while you're at it, but feel free to help, there's usually someone around who can, or if there isn't someone will show up who can. :)