Question about population

DeletedUser4435

I understand that the Farm level determines your max population, and there is a Population Growth spell, but on your normal city, is there anything that increases your rate of population? Does your farm level also determine how fast kids are born, or does your population just increase at the same rate, and doesn't stop till they hit your Farm level max? I checked the wiki, but it only talks about your max number.

DeletedUser

Okay Population Growth merely makes your barracks work faster. If your farm is at max level there are three other ways you can increase your max population. 1. Plow is a research available in the academy, this gives you 200 more spaces. 2. The daily bonus offers the land expansion, which gives you 100 more spaces. 3. Thermal baths is a special building on the bottom left side of the senate, it gives you an additional 10% of your maximum population at the cost of 60 population to build it.
Population does not grow over time it grows based on the level of your farm, you can see the population increases here: http://wiki.en.grepolis.com/wiki/Farm.

DeletedUser4435

OK, so here's the part that confuses me. What is the difference between "free population" and "farm spaces"? A free population number would mean people in my city that aren't doing anything, so in effect, 'jobless'. This number would slowly climb as people move into my city let's say, but I can use them to either work in buildings that I extend, or get recruited into the army. When they die, however, the number wouldn't change. Farm spaces implies the room I have to grow food to support my city dwellers, but if I lose a battle, this number should skyrocket because I have all this food and no one to support. I've seen both of these terms in the game used to describe the "people number".

DeletedUser

Free Population is determined by your Farm. Your Free Population will skyrocket if you lose a large number of troops. For example if you have 0 free population and send an attack of 1,000 slingers and lose say 500 of them. Right after that battle you will have 500 free population again. It does not take time beyond upgrading your farm to gain free population back.

Hope that helps.

DeletedUser

Okay Population Growth merely makes your barracks work faster. If your farm is at max level there are three other ways you can increase your max population. 1. Plow is a research available in the academy, this gives you 200 more spaces. 2. The daily bonus offers the land expansion, which gives you 100 more spaces. 3. Thermal baths is a special building on the bottom left side of the senate, it gives you an additional 10% of your maximum population at the cost of 60 population to build it.
Population does not grow over time it grows based on the level of your farm, you can see the population increases here: http://wiki.en.grepolis.com/wiki/Farm.

There is a land expansion option for the daily bonus? I only get a choice between resources or favor, I don't see an option for land expansion. Is it available in all worlds (I'm in Omicron)? Or maybe only after a certain level? Thank you!

DeletedUser

The daily bonus he is referring to is in the first 7 days awards. There is a bonus on day 3 (I think, correct me if I am wrong) that gives 100 extra population.

DeletedUser

Save your day 7 reward for when your warehouse is massive, and you can use it to churn out hundreds of units at once.

DeletedUser298

I like to use it when I have just started a world and only have 1 city, then I use it when I'm researching conquest so I have enough resources, also I have a maxxed out warehouse.

DeletedUser

If you have a city that you've gotten the 100 extra population reward and that city gets taken over does the new owner inherit the 100 extra population or does the city lose that?

DeletedUser

Yeah, that seems to be the case. I'm hoping for an official answer from a moderator :)

DeletedUser

I have a city that is virtually useless as I have been unable to gain population to improve it. In Knosses, is there an option to gain more population through using the daily reward?

DeletedUser10119

no, you have to upgrade the farm, the reward is only in special events.

DeletedUser10267

Hydrea, upgrade your farm, build thermal baths, and research plow.