Question about CS & attack timing

• Thread starter DeletedUser5156
  • Start date

DeletedUser5156

My sea attack assault wave with offense troops and LS is set to arrive at the exact same time as my CS attack wave, to the same second. :(

What will happen?

DeletedUser2039

While you can't know until it happens, one will still land first. Think about it as being in milli-seconds, but those are not displayed, thus forcing you to wait to see which lands first. :)

DeletedUser5156

So, if the CS lands a millisecond before the attack wave, will it be wiped out/ damaged?

DeletedUser2039

1. If the CS lands first
2. The battle takes place
3a. You win the battle and take the city
4a. Your next attack hits, but since it is your city, the attack will bounce (you can't attack yourself)
3b. You lose the battle and your CS bounces/sinks
4b. Your next attack hits the city as normal

DeletedUser5156

ok well that relieves some of my worry; I thought I was going to be attacking myself. Well, we shall see what happenes then :)

I'll let you know in...14 hours

DeletedUser

I'm imagining that The9Shooter is now staring at the "military movements" thingie, watching the seconds slowly tick by....

DeletedUser5156

By the beard of Zeus!

It didn't go too well for me....

:(

DeletedUser

By the trident of Poseidon!

I'd like to know what hapenned! :confused:

DeletedUser257

If you have the administrator you can tell if your CS is going to be wiped out but if you don't there is no way to know. Works for support as well.

DeletedUser39

Tyler Boyd's statement is false (Yes, it is)

Grepolis doesn't work by milliseconds; it works by whichever atction was performed first. Lets say you send your Cship out on a trip that takes about 12 hours, and it's set to arrive at 12:01:27. Now, your LS nuke is closer, and only takes 3 hours to travel; you send it out, and this one is also set to arrive at 12:01:27 - if this happens, the attack that was sent first will arrive first, and the attack that was sent second will arrive second (and third, fourth, etc, etc), meaning your LS attack will hit after your Cship

The same goes for support. Your Cship is set to arrive at 12:01:27 - your support only takes 4 hours, thus is sent later than the Cship. If it is set to arrive at 12:01:27, the Cship will hit first, and the support will arrive directly afterwards.

This also applies to sniping. If your Cship takes 12 hours and lands at 12:01:27, someone that sends an attack to arrive at 12:01:27, and this is sent before your support is sent, will actually hit inbetween your Cship and your support wave; it's hard to pull off, but it's possible!

tl;dr: Grepolis doesn't work by milliseconds; it works by whichever action was sent first, arrives first.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2039

Go and look at my statement. I did not say it DID work in milli seconds, I said think about it like that. If you can think of it like that, you can understand both will not hit at the same time like the timing suggests. I was merely using a reference to tell the person who didn't understand that one lands first, the same as you pointed out.

DeletedUser39

Alright, then I'll just pick your message from earlier;

While you can't know until it happens, one will still land first. Think about it as being in milli-seconds, but those are not displayed, thus forcing you to wait to see which lands first. :)

Your statement says you can't tell which one is going to land first, and you'll just have to wait and see for yourself wether your Cship was ahead, or your offensive units were ahead, which is false. What I stated is that whichever attack was sent first, will land first. There is a distinct difference in both statements.

DeletedUser2039

Ok the second part you got me, I was unaware of that as nothing has ever hinted that send time played a part in which landed first. My apologies!

Edit: plus rep for the correction

Last edited by a moderator: