question about being attacked

DeletedUser

i have a question about being attacked. is it common in this game for several members of the same alliance to target one player ? everyday i am targeted by two of the same cities, i just find it odd that they are targeting me since i havent attacked anyone in that particular alliance.

or is it a common strategy for the same to cities to target one city everyday ???

DeletedUser

correction its the same two players. why would two players put all thier effort forth to attack one city. just seems odd to me ?

DeletedUser6486

it is common strategy, it's called farming, they are stealing your resources, I recommend not building any troops, but only activating militia to get them to stop

DeletedUser

Reasons to attack:

Attack Battle Points- needed to get more culture points , and thus more cities.
Defense Battle points- trying to goad you into retaliating so they can kill you with Militia. Its also a test of player experience; if you launch an attack immediately after they attack you, its a sign of lack of experience. Or hot-headedness...
test of your alliance- testing the response of your alliance.
Farming. If they figure out the best time to attack you ( when you are not on-line ),they can attack you and take resources from you. This is called "farming", and is often a derogatory term applied to players/alliances; i.e. " the Legion of 300 Spartans suck! They are my farms! Hahahaha".
Not to be confused with "farming" villages, which is a victimless crime.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Or they are misogynists who read the external forums.
Or they are jerks.
Or they are gonna take your city and want to clear it of troops and slow down your growth.If its early in the game, check out their point totals and those of their alliance-mates. If none of them have cities over 4000 points, you can rule out conquest for the time being. Mark them as enemies and make your evil plans of bloody retribution. Or just follow Decky's advice and after a few total losses by you attackers , they should look elsewhere.

Deck forgot to tell you to spend your resources below your warehouse protection levels.There should be plenty of tutorials about "dodging attacks" here somewhere.....

DeletedUser

"Idle hands are the devil's workshop" and the demuus Rex is quite idle; waiting for a conquest world to open with the right settings(unit speed<2 and pref low alliance limit). So in the meantime, I've looked at your sitch on grepointel. I assume you are talking about Lamia. Several striking facts, but first a small caveat; sometimes players in this game can seem cruel. Don't take it personal. Allowing inexperienced players to grow in your area can come back to bite you on the schwing-schwing. Especially early in the game. Which brings me to your situation.
I'm no grepo-expert but:

Sparta in the alliance name- just don't do it.

All caps alliance name- people hate that for some reason

Sparta Empire has many players with unnamed cities- That's a bulls-eye for those seeking inexperienced players to attack.

SE is spread out- hallmark of a rookie alliance.

your proximity to a top 12 alliance- makes you an obvious first target for groups like the Mercenaries. Once they have conquest researched, that may be bad news for you.

I'd guess you have about a week before bad stuff happens. I could be wrong, though. Maybe this ISN't why those two guys are attacking you. Remember; I have no dog in this hunt and grepointel isn't perfect.
And, of course, this analysis comes from a guy with NO CITIES ON ANY WORLDS!

( I think I see why people hate "all-caps" now )

Good luck, have fun, and keep learning.

Now , if i can just follow my own advice .....

DeletedUser

meh kind of pointless to attack me i am online about... well all day from 11am to about 2am the next morning. i am watching a 19 month old for a friend so i am in the house 24-7

DeletedUser

well i have no hard feelings its a war game after all. it may sound crazy but i think i am going to ask to join them since im not feeling sore about it. and no i havent sent out any attack to any of the members or sent and angry email......off the record ya im a newb here but ive been gaming strategy games a long time. just say im almost 30 and started messing with computers when i was 11 or 12... so the term newb does get under my skin a little... or it has in the past anyway.

ive passed up everyone in my alliance, i am getting requests from other more favorable alliances, and the one i am in i have pleaded support or advice for three days no advice no support.. just makes me feel bad i spent a lot of time recruiting people and sending welcome messages but i had fun doing it =) so its all good.
when the new world comes out i will make my own Alliance. if i fail at it oh well then im just not meant to have on

DeletedUser

i missed something then. had that happen to me in a game before...how do i do that. i have been just leveling up buildings and recruiting troops. had them "farm" other cities and that was it. i def missed something ? how do i do that ?

DeletedUser

nevermind i figured it out i have done that a couple times but its hard to time it out when i am being tag teamed by the same two cities lucky for me its always at the same time of the day. about 3 or 4 am my time so maybe activate around that time frame

DeletedUser6486

i missed something then. had that happen to me in a game before...how do i do that. i have been just leveling up buildings and recruiting troops. had them "farm" other cities and that was it. i def missed something ? how do i do that ?

Do what, farm? If that's your question then just attack semi-active players n your island, make sure to use offensive troops (slingers, hoplites, horsemen) only

DeletedUser9771

Ewwwww I don't use slingers,hops or horsemen, i use only swords cause i can attack and defend with them ....

DeletedUser4951

it is common strategy, it's called farming, they are stealing your resources, I recommend not building any troops, but only activating militia to get them to stop

To build on this, you should build troops and walls. But hide your troops at night and move them in day if they attack. Support another town, hide them in a quest village, etc.

To avoid being farmed to death and maximize your DBP while hurting them, do the following.

1) Activate militia
2) Research city guard
3) Build your farm to 25 at least
4) Get a 10 wall at least.

To maximize their losses, send your troops out in the aforementioned manner. Also, get rid of your resources. Hide them inthe market with an offer only to your alliance, build walls, troops, upgrade a farming village, whatever. Just get rid of them. If they lose troops and gain no resources, then farming becomes less lucrative.

Initially, keep your god to hera. But as your temple goes up and you get more towns and favor. I suggest switching to hades in this town and making cerbs. They are great defensive units behind a wall.

This should kick up your defensive capabilities. Remember that once you max militia, getting a wall and land defense is the most important. Its also smart to use your troops sparingly. Don't stop dodging unless a colony ship flies your way.

DeletedUser836

Ewwwww I don't use slingers,hops or horsemen, i use only swords cause i can attack and defend with them ....

for defense use a combination of swords, hops and archs. If you do it right, your city will be stronger than when you just had swords.