Purpose of Ground defense

• Thread starter DeletedUser3738
  • Start date

DeletedUser3738

This is a weird question, but what is the point of having ground defense?
It seems to me if i make all my defensive cities bireme cities, i can sink incoming ls and a lot of their transports.
Don't need a wall because biremes only need tower, and i still protect my cities from enemy colony ships
Also you can use more research points without the hoplite, archer and swordsmen
Please someone tell me the reason i should use them because im sure there is one
I just cant think of it

(Im talking about revolt world BTW)

DeletedUser271

The problem with only-biremes defense, it that when you don't have any biremes left, there's nothing left in your city to prevent the CS from landing ;-) So, yes, Ground defense is really useful in order to not let e CS land when you don't have biremes left.

DeletedUser3738

But you can use your FS on either ground or naval, if you stack it with enough biremes they can't get through either way, wouldn't it not matter because the cs would get sunk anyways?

DeletedUser271

I get your point, but just imagine if the CS manages to go through your biremes with hundreds of LS nukes (yes, let's say you arrive to the stage of the game where you can have hundreds of LS nukes :p). It's always good to have ground defense (other than militia) to kill the ground units that were with the CS :)

DeletedUser

I think a good ground defense is more important then bireme. A good ground defense benefits from the wall and tower and it also forces your enemy to attack with only what they have enough light ship capacity to hold. A good number of DLU with wall almost always damage the attacker more than yourself. Biremes also take a good amount of time to build and are very costly.

Biremes have their role but they are better suited for sniping a CS or killing a known or expected OLU attack by sea.