Punishing Those Who Exploited the Login Glitch

DeletedUser

I have been playing online games for longer than the age of many of the players in Grepolis. It has been my experience that individuals who exploited the login glitch and performed actions that maliciously did a lot of harm to other players accounts, will continue to exploit any game glitch they come across in the future if not banned from ever playing Grepolis again. Allowing them to continue playing after a temporary ban would set a precedent for future similar actions that violate the Grepolis TOS. The Terms of Support require that players upon discovering a glitch or game bug report it, and it is a violation to exploit it.

I know administration of online games like this do not divulge the actions/punishment they take against those who violate the ToS, but I hope Grepolis permanently bans those who exploited this recent login glitch. When considering how inconvenienced the entire online Grepolis community by recent events, and how much trouble it has caused the developers to glue the wings back on the fly, I don't think a lifetime ban is inappropriate for those who pulled them off...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Larp, the Grepolis rules state that:

It is against the rules to use game bugs to advance in the game. This is punishable by ban. If you find a critical bug it is your duty as a player to report it.

I asked Daedalus about this earlier in another thread, and he responded that they were looking into it. He wouldn't give more details than that. I'm pretty confident that they will ban these players according to the rules, and that they are actively looking for who did what.

In addition to this problem, they have also had to deal with players who have threatened to physically harm them due to the server issues.

Getting the game back up should be their first priority. It looks like they've done that, so they will be probably be dealing out lots of punishment as soon as they can. Maybe they'll need to take a nap first.

They are running a business, and I can't imagine they would want to keep either sets of these people who are breaking rules in the game. We might not find out who did what or if anyone was banned for messing with people's accounts, but I think we need to just let them deal with it.

I personally had my account screwed with, and I'm happy with the response I've gotten so far. The server issues and having to do two rollbacks sucks hard, but that's just something we'll have to deal with.

Last edited by a moderator: