Proper Punctuation and Grammar?

DeletedUser

Lmao, browsing alliances, I came across something hilarious in Insidious Alliance Profile:

Recruitment is highly limited, if interested in joining send a message to Bullwinkle the Moose or Apotheon which includes;

Proper Punctuation and Grammar

Now that is funny & I know funny! Are players applying to Harvard of Cornell? Lmfao, I doubt Leonidas would care if his Spartan Hoplites were dyslexic! If they were so educated, they would not be hoplites. Educated rhetoric is reserved for diplomats, who cares if language barrier exists as long as your soldiers are accumulating battle points? Is your alliance in Nu to publish poems or fight? Let me find out Bullwinkle the Moose is the educated one spell-checking applicants applications? Nu, have fun ripping a new you know what in these nancies!

ins.jpg

DeletedUser4038

Well, this ain't ancient Sparta where most of the population was illiterate, so improper grammar and punctuation was not so big a deal then. However, today lack of good grammar and punctuation skills indicates a lack of many other skills needed to function in today's world. So I can see why Insidious insists on proper punctuation and grammar. I did get a kick out of their stipulation, but I don't think it is out of line in the world of Grepolis. ;)

DeletedUser

Lmao, browsing alliances, I came across something hilarious in Insidious Alliance Profile:

Now that is funny & I know funny! Are players applying to Harvard of Cornell? Lmfao, I doubt Leonidas would care if his Spartan Hoplites were dyslexic! If they were so educated, they would not be hoplites. Educated rhetoric is reserved for diplomats, who cares if language barrier exists as long as your soldiers are accumulating battle points? Is your alliance in Nu to publish poems or fight? Let me find out Bullwinkle the Moose is the educated one spell-checking applicants applications? Nu, have fun ripping a new you know what in these nancies!

View attachment 799

I think the funny thing is how much it bothers you that I want a message written properly. I put that there to avoid message like this:

Anonymous today at 11:24

can i plz get an invite?!?!?

thnx,
Anonymous

Messages tell a lot about the person, and as everyone knows first impressions last. Your language barrier reference makes no sense for two reasons. One is that it makes zero sense to judge players on battle points when under beginner's protection they are only accumulated through island quests, no need to judge players base on how lucky they are with getting the quest. The other thing is that if there is a language barrier then how are the player's in the alliance going to communicate and work together. Not to mention your dyslexic reference is just inappropriate, don't know why you would make such remarks about people with learning disabilities.

Also think about it, if I am a busy person do I really want to read many messages a day that people put little to no effort in. Well this was a bad attempt to make my alliance look bad, especially when I look at your stats ingame:

Next time you should judge on stats instead ;) :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I can't. Taking a mere jab at someone's points when he obviously isn't playing this world is just a weak attempt to cover his own illiterate hide.

not really, the most key thing for an alliance is communication, so if they cant talk to each other because of bad grammer and punctation , you have a failing alliance right there.

and please dont be know-it-all, its annoying.

DeletedUser

Quoted directly from the forum rules:

It is not allowed to rebuke another user concerning his grammar/spelling. If the grammar/spelling of a user is that bad, report the post.

I would prefer NOT to have to infract, so lets follow the rules please. Thread cleaned.

DeletedUser

I can feel the burn :eek:

I can't either. It doesn't seem like he plays, or he just started. Although I do agree with what their profile says. I wouldn't want a player that has problems speaking English in my alliance, because it would be hard to communicate with him on a daily basis.

DeletedUser

I'm actually siding with bullwinkle on this one i know exactly what he is talking about and this entire thread was a jab directed at his alliance.

DeletedUser2569

I was talking about spartan getting burned... How can you all misunderstand me?
I didn't even use incorrect punctuation or grammar :p

DeletedUser

I was talking about spartan getting burned... How can you all misunderstand me?
I didn't even use incorrect punctuation or grammar :p

We all knew what you were talking about. :p

EDIT: Well, thinking about we could have misunderstood you. We all knew you were talking about spartan getting burned, but we all thought it was Bullwinkle making fun of spartan for having 175 points that you were talking about. But it could have been the paragraph before that you were referring to.

DeletedUser

Bullwinky, messages like "can i plz get an invite?!?!?" cannot be avoided regardless what your alliance profile says! If you think a simple declaration of "Proper Punctuation and Grammar" is going to relieve of you of that effort for weeding out the players not contributing equal efforts, you are mistaken.

I play on international, our alliance reached #1 in every aspect & a good 20% of our alliance did not read/write English. Battle points speak louder than pretty little words. & even the players who were literate, never participated in the forums anyway! It was very simple, all your dozens of cities do not matter... no battle points = no alliance! Only about 1/4 of our alliance was active in communication, & I am not referring to the spam gaming section of the forum... we did not permit that garbage... Funny thing is, the most literate players were the least active in communication!

I know BP is still on, which is why alliances should wait to recruit, unless if pre-made. Atm Insidious has a bunch of simcity builders! Most skilled players will wait b4 they choose their alliance of choice. No rush to join the alliance with the most players with big cities! Those big cities are nothing when big armies knock down their pretty little walls! Well on a good note, at least when that happens your players will be literate enough to efficiently post "HELP!!! I am being conquered! My walls are gone! I have no troops! I have lvl 25 senate though! Save me, Save me PLEASE Bullwinky!"

Your response further enforces what a fail Insidious will be, you are too busy to take the time to evaluate a player & their potential? If a slithery tongue in your ear is all it takes to obtain your approval, there are means in the real world to satisfy such desires! I think someone with such high position should possess more dedication to the alliance they represent. Ciao

DeletedUser

Okay well I have a few things to say about this flawed theory of yours, Spartan Martin. One I prefer Bulltwinky over that Bullwinky nickname you just gave me ;) Second is that you alliance you were in sounds like the a big MRA, or a group of lone wolves. Either way you can't help each other without communicating, so there was no point in being in that alliance as you can't accomplish anything without communicating. Third is that this was a pre-made. Also I wasn't aware that players with 7 or 8 farming villages were simcity builders. We have a high average points for two reasons, one is that we have no dead weight, two kind of goes with one but our players are very active, and three is that we have a decent amount of gold users. Fourth is that if you don't have strict recruitment then you won't succeed. Without strict recruitment we would be filled with simmers who only care about themselves, and therefore would not last long at all.

Your response further enforces what a fail Insidious will be, you are too busy to take the time to evaluate a player & their potential? If a slithery tongue in your ear is all it takes to obtain your approval, there are means in the real world to satisfy such desires! I think someone with such high position should possess more dedication to the alliance they represent. Ciao

Fifth is that it is clear that you did not read the whole profile. If you read it you would see this:

Proper Punctuation and Grammar
Your reasons for wanting to join this alliance
Your Aspirations in this world
Your prior experience, a link to your Grepo Stats, or a player who can vouch for you

So as you can see I do take the time to evaluate a player and there potential, and as for dedication I think spending on average 10+ hours a day to watch over my alliance definitely counts under dedication. In the future I would recommend you would spend more dedication into your posts instead of jumping to conclusions.

DeletedUser

Alright my last post with you because communicating with you is going nowhere, lol, even though you are literate, you are overlooking intricate facets as if... never mind the USA Forums are highly censored & I respect Daedalus. My criticism was constructive & appears you were offended based on your energy wasted defending yourself. I am not here to prove myself, I been here done yet since day one & players like you are a dime a dozen. Time will tell... I'll return in 6 months to witness the fall of insidious, I am confident, please prove me wrong!

Watch out for Under the Radar... those 7 players will chew up your 35 players like rag dolls... woohoo, yaaaa buddy, now that is what you call an alliance! Ciao

DeletedUser2569

How can you tell we are good alliance?
We got the highest average, but that's all. And i thought you said before that high average was caused by simmers? :)

DeletedUser

I think the funny thing is how much it bothers you that I want a message written properly. I put that there to avoid message like this:

Anonymous today at 11:24

can i plz get an invite?!?!?

thnx,
Anonymous

Messages tell a lot about the person, and as everyone knows first impressions last. Your language barrier reference makes no sense for two reasons. One is that it makes zero sense to judge players on battle points when under beginner's protection they are only accumulated through island quests, no need to judge players base on how lucky they are with getting the quest. The other thing is that if there is a language barrier then how are the player's in the alliance going to communicate and work together. Not to mention your dyslexic reference is just inappropriate, don't know why you would make such remarks about people with learning disabilities.

Also think about it, if I am a busy person do I really want to read many messages a day that people put little to no effort in. Well this was a bad attempt to make my alliance look bad, especially when I look at your stats ingame:

Next time you should judge on stats instead ;) :D

Thanks for the laugh...lol