Productivity

DeletedUser

Hello all,

Here's a topic I've been wondering about for a while. What strategies do each of you use for balancing Building Expansion with Troop/Ship Recruitment? Let's say you just burned every troop/ship from a particular city in a failed take-over attempt. The city in question is around 5K in points and now you have to decide how many resources to commit to expansion all the while staring at 1100+ open farm slots. Do you:

A) Focus completely on troops/ships until your army is built back up?
B) Prioritize Expansion and use left-over resources only for troops/ships?
C) Prioritize Recruitment and use left-over resources only for Expansion?
D) Some other strategy....?

Thank you for any input.

John

DeletedUser

90% of all resources gained throughout the day on ship and troop training... gotta keep pumping out those soldiers and boats non stop :D

pool all extra resources into one city at a time and build up baracks and harbors to lvl 30. thisisgrepolis not Sim City

DeletedUser

90% of all resources gained throughout the day on ship and troop training... gotta keep pumping out those soldiers and boats non stop :D

pool all extra resources into one city at a time and build up baracks and harbors to lvl 30. thisisgrepolis not Sim City

This is assuming that you have built up the city to max resources? Just clarifying.

DeletedUser7853

I do focus on getting resource, bath, walls, tower, academy, barracks, harbor, farm leveled asap. As Dig stated, though, It is most important to max your pop with boots and boats as top priority. The very minute I lose a ship or troop, I start rebuilding them.

DeletedUser

i guess if you have low level cities you should focus on your farm and resources... but to be honest since day 1 on this world i have been spending at least 70% of all resources on troops and ships and now that my cities are big its more like 90% with the rest going to farming villages

DeletedUser

I appreciate the input. I guess, like everything else, it's also situational. I hate not having something in the construction queue at all times. If I'm low on troops or ships I look for an inexpensive and time consuming upgrade like one of the three resource buildings.

DeletedUser

I started late in US21 and US27 (tho not that late in 27 really. Maybe a week behind and its funny to see how easy it is to pick out the gold diggers.) The faster speed and the proximity to the core in 27 has me more wary of not having a crap load of troops built up with me having sped my way to birs as quickly as possible. 21 I started in the rim and have for the most part been left alone but I have no illusions that will not last long in the coming months. So it is definitely situational and with 27 I have a lot more troops built up at this point than i did in 21.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7853

Yeah, I have no doubts that It was much easier for me to build up the way I did, due to being on the right team from early on in this world. Being in the right alliance (one where folks share similar thoughts on how things should work), makes more of a difference than any other single issue.