Pre World US 73 Lapithos Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryvirath

Lochagos
On Thursday July 19th US 73 Lapithos will be opened for battle. Feel free to discuss the new world here.
Once the world is opened this thread will be moved to the world forum and closed.

Settings
  • World Speed: 1
  • Unit Speed: 1
  • Conquest
  • Trade Speed: 1
  • Morale: Active
  • Alliance Cap: 60
  • Beginner's Protection: 6 Days
  • Night Bonus: 00:00 - 08:00
  • City Foundation Time 12 Hours

DeletedUser11833

Ewwwwwwww, I knew LEX was gonna have to jump here from US72, didnt know they would be sent to a world with the worst settings in the history of grepo
smiley_emoticons_kolobok-sanduhr.gif

I almost feel bad for them now...

DeletedUser14129

I know that new worlds are great and all but in my opinion I feel that part of the reason that grepolis' player base has gone down over the years is because people get excited for a new world and then they get almost let down when they see that the stats are all speed 1. Every person I have talked to over the years strongly dislikes slow worlds. Nobody wants to get to wonders a full calendar year or more later. If every world was speed 3 or 4 I feel that grepolis would be more enjoyable. I don't mind slow speed worlds it's just a lot of people do dislike them which brings down the player count for the world down. If we want the player count to increase more, which everyone would like to see, I feel that the speeds need to be 3 or 4 for each world. Just my opinion on the matter, and I probably will not play Lapithos because of the slow speeds.

DeletedUser15249

It's very much a quick fix, since it's the CM who actually clicks the settings buttons. He's doing what he's told to, though, by the Product Manager at Inno.
The devs won't get the hint at all since they never read these forums.
This could very well be the death knell for the US server and perhaps that's Inno's plan. Move everyone over to .en. Which, btw, has a new world opening up July 19, but with near perfect settings.

DeletedUser13890

It's very much a quick fix, since it's the CM who actually clicks the settings buttons. He's doing what he's told to, though, by the Product Manager at Inno.
This could very well be the death knell for the US server and perhaps that's Inno's plan. Move everyone over to .en. Which, btw, has a new world opening up July 19, but with near perfect settings.
I hope not. I wish we could rebuild the player count on this server. :(

Rodrk

Peltast

That's a great point. Based on recent releases and things that have gone on in US servers, it's hard to argue otherwise.

Inno must want to kill us servers. Can we get a merge date if not a real world?

Ryvirath

Lochagos
I can absolutely understand where you all are coming from,
but US Grepolis has not had a slow conquest server in a long long time.
It is important to offer these different options because while you all might not be the target group who enjoy this specific setting, others will be.
And for those who prefer fast worlds, I would imagine the world after this world would be a rather fast one, can't have 2 slow worlds in a row ;)

All that said, please continue providing feedback, it is honestly incredibly valuable to hear from you all, and does help shape future choices and decisions

DeletedUser5524

I can absolutely understand where you all are coming from,
but US Grepolis has not had a slow conquest server in a long long time.
It is important to offer these different options because while you all might not be the target group who enjoy this specific setting, others will be.
And for those who prefer fast worlds, I would imagine the world after this world would be a rather fast one, can't have 2 slow worlds in a row ;)

All that said, please continue providing feedback, it is honestly incredibly valuable to hear from you all, and does help shape future choices and decisions
Thank you for responding, already doing better then the last CM haha. Makes sense, I guess but its gonna be a slooooooow world considering the lowered population of US and the already niche crowd a 1/1 attracts.

DeletedUser4951

For everyone turned off by the server, there's a 4/3 conq no morale on EN that drops the same day.

Otherwise the COMA hit it right on the head. One thing I noticed with the US before is that it kept dropping fast servers in hopes that it would get large clusters of other players to the US. But that never consistently happened and in my experience when other groups showed up, they didn't commit to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.