PnP: Something Seems Off....

• Thread starter DeletedUser4951
  • Start date

DeletedUser4951

So there we were. The Spartans (now called Overdose), had just organized and ran a global op that netted them a whopping 16 cities as a coalition. They felt pretty confident and it was showing.

4XndZP8.png

They personally got 3. Well Malexra got 3. But the organization in SL/OD was superb. Don't take it from me though! Just ask their own players.

nykYwnp.png

The op was such a roaring success that it killed an alliance. Not us, but Vulcan/We Are Vulcan died the next day, though being fair to them, bleeding cities to everyone probably helped kill them more so than failing on us. The ground gained was quickly being lost as Vulcan cities were eaten up and some of their players joined up in Swag. Spartan allies in the Kings of Olympus were losing their morale as city after city fell to Swag. And the Spartans themselves were being hit now by Swag. Even with the op, the results were not looking good (The stats are off as Vulcan disbanded).

voCcp6s.png

It didn't seem like it could get much worse, there was internal fighting, their best players left them for other teams, and then something else happened...

9953SU8.png

Suddenly we were in their chat as well. And would you look at that. A Paul s./Darth Nihilus was in there as well. Wonder who that is ;). The moral in this story is that you can mass pact, plan ops, and talk as big as you'd like. But eventually you have to back it all up...which Spartans/OD has clearly failed to do. And now its blowing up in their faces.

DeletedUser12061

That's unfortunately what you get with mass-alliance coalitions like that. It always sounds like a good plan - superiority in numbers - but there's always some in every such alliance that isn't quite pulling their weight as much as others (in their defense, it's often people who prioritize their families and social lives above an online game), and when you put them all together in one big defensive forum, you get more revolts to defend than there are people willing to provide the defenses. Everyone gets spread too thin and it all goes downhill from there.

DeletedUser8870

BUT THIS IS ALL ACCORDING TO PLAN...PER THEIR PLAYERS....LOL

DeletedUser12061

Well, didn't one MRA once win a world with numbers alone? Or not? I don't know which world, or which alliance, I just heard it mentioned once :p

If it's true, then yeah, it should be possible with numbers alone, regardless of each player's activity, but mass-alliance coalitions always seems to fail along the way.

DeletedUser4951

I mean I've won by using a coalition on Olous. But the branches need to be coordinated and well run.

DeletedUser12061

Personal opinion .... Psychopomps are apparently liars

DeletedUser4951

How so?

Also update: We've officially taken over the Spartan/OD Skype chat and own it...somehow Monkey ended up as the owner.

DeletedUser5244

Do you not realize that nobody here cares?
This is a game that we all play for fun, and you make it seem like it's the end of the world if someone loses a few cities, and that you're so dominant in every single way, and I frankly don't care if you are lol, it doesn't matter to me.

I'm sorry I don't have to overcompensate for a little something you're lacking down there, but clearly the only reason you feel the need to get in everyone's face and prove that you're the best is because there's so many facets of life (and stuff below the belt) where you're CLEARLY not the best. Have a good one :p

DeletedUser4951

Oh we both know you care a little Ry, come on man, you formed a coalition, bragged about it to Amber, and went so far as to dig through forum posts from 4 years ago and quote them to me. You don't have to hide it bro. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5244

Oh we both know you care a little Ry, come on man, you formed a coalition, bragged about it to Amber, and went so far as to dig through forum posts from 4 years ago and quote them to me. You don't have to hide it bro. ;)

When did I brag about it...? Other than saying the OP was allllll me...as in I was the only one who put work into it. lol

DeletedUser4951

Dude, just looking at how its written we can all tell your bragging. Hell you couldn't even contain yourself and took to telling people who aren't in your alliance, or participating in it, that you organized a mass op. But when the end result is losing more cities (and alliances) in the areas than gained, you don't want to own it. :p

DeletedUser5244

[12/1/17, 1:24:52 PM] Ry/ H3LL-Hunter: No he doestn
[12/1/17, 1:25:00 PM] Ry/ H3LL-Hunter: Did u guys hear about the op going down on chickens rn
[12/1/17, 1:25:02 PM] Ry/ H3LL-Hunter: Lol
[12/1/17, 1:25:22 PM] Uoflgirl: Amber: You mean eat more chicken?
[12/1/17, 1:25:29 PM] Uoflgirl: Amber: I’m hearing it now lol haha
[12/1/17, 1:25:38 PM] Ry/ H3LL-Hunter: Yeah lol
[12/1/17, 1:25:43 PM] Ry/ H3LL-Hunter: That was allllllll me
[12/1/17, 1:25:50 PM] Uoflgirl: Amber: Yeah about 30 Min ago

Maybe I'm missing something :confused:
But like I said before, everyone knows you're compensating for something.

DeletedUser4951

Seems like a brag to me. Just also seems like you're back peddling now that it hasn't worked out as well. :p

Compensating for what? You seem a little eager to point it out. You fixated on something? ;)

DeletedUser5244

Nobody likes you Smilo, you're just a cocky college kid whose in way over his head and spends way too much time on Grepo. Not a single guy in this world actually respects you, they just like playing your stupid cocky game so they go along with it. You're a coward who runs when things don't go your way, if you were in my position, you would've abandoned the alliance by week 2. Happened in en68 Cythera, happened in us52 Helorus, and countless others. Shut up and sit down, buddy. Tiny tiny wanker.
smiley_emoticons_bravo2.gif

DeletedUser15403

For the record, I disagreed with a lot of moves made in the council on gws or chicken or whatever the hell were called now, and stepped down. Sure they made moves for easy territory gain, but it was weak, I swore against it day one and the second everyone else pushed all the naps with our only real competition I left all Skype chats removed my self from leadership and only c9ntinue to stay with the team out of loyalty to some of my friends their.

Will they be around for a while.. Probably, but not by any Respectable means in my opinion. It's bad enough theirs morale and night bonus but now we're hugging it outwith real competition to war with easy MRAS and targets that can be picked apart without ops.

Love my team will fight for em, but I hate the diplomacy made. Ruined the game.. And I'll probably wind up leaving before wonders as any crown won through hugging it out and diplomacy isn't a crown I want

Here's to the next world with good settings right

DeletedUser8870

For the record, I disagreed with a lot of moves made in the council on gws or chicken or whatever the hell were called now, and stepped down. Sure they made moves for easy territory gain, but it was weak, I swore against it day one and the second everyone else pushed all the naps with our only real competition I left all Skype chats removed my self from leadership and only c9ntinue to stay with the team out of loyalty to some of my friends their.

Will they be around for a while.. Probably, but not by any Respectable means in my opinion. It's bad enough theirs morale and night bonus but now we're hugging it outwith real competition to war with easy MRAS and targets that can be picked apart without ops.

Love my team will fight for em, but I hate the diplomacy made. Ruined the game.. And I'll probably wind up leaving before wonders as any crown won through hugging it out and diplomacy isn't a crown I want

Here's to the next world with good settings right

i personally am in agreement with mole on this as I personally did the same thing, it's like we're two of a kind lol, i joined and went on leader team out of respect for my main man artik, things were going well until leadership changes were made and I respectively removed myself from leadership role due to a very large gap in agreement over the way things were running. I too will not be around probably for wonders as like mole i feel wonders are the worse aspect of the game... I am a person who simply wants to fight win or lose I could care less as long as the fight is good!

DeletedUser4951

Nobody likes you Smilo, you're just a cocky college kid whose in way over his head and spends way too much time on Grepo. Not a single guy in this world actually respects you, they just like playing your stupid cocky game so they go along with it. You're a coward who runs when things don't go your way, if you were in my position, you would've abandoned the alliance by week 2. Happened in en68 Cythera, happened in us52 Helorus, and countless others. Shut up and sit down, buddy. Tiny tiny wanker.
smiley_emoticons_bravo2.gif

Oh man this is gonna be fun...

1) The fact you had to go back 4 years for my last loss pretty much sums up how irrelevant your argument is. You also obviously care way too much if you had to dig that far back. Also...didn't you get completely murdered in En68?

2) Oh yeah Helorus, the world where I bailed you out from losing to Delany (lol) and then you ran a terrible second branch of mine that bled cities because you couldn't be bothered to check inactives every day. And then constantly had to be talked out of trying to quit as a result of that. Gee, I wonder why as soon as soon as the only motivating enemy went into VM that I left that world.

3) Things didn't start my way at all here, I probably could have left and joined any alliance that I want, but instead I stayed and tried to help. From day 1, I landed out of ocean because this alliance had no core. This alliance was likely going to lose to SL before I came in and you already know that. So yeah, we had to hug it out to survive. If not for that, I doubt we're alive right now. If the original way was better, we'd still be following it. Unfortunately, its well documented that giving no thought to locality and having no core is a bad plan. So we couldn't be as undiplomatic as I'd like but given the situation, we landed with some pretty good partners, so I can't complain too hard. For every bit as annoyed as Deth and Mole might be. I'm absolutely livid that I even had to come in and a lot of my close friends have had to endure a lot of my complaining about it. Thankfully, with things being completely unscrewed now, I can step down and am already in the process of doing that.

As for being a coward...well I don't see you with SL or OD now do I? You were leading SW and when that got pounded down by us easily and your coalition got ripped apart you took to hiding out in a green alliance that you knew well in advance was green before joining. This is instead of joining TP. The only person who has been cocky here is you man. You've been cocky about it since day 1. And now that its blown up, you seem to be pretty butthurt.