PnP: Revenge of Gerrard13100

DeletedUser

A pity I had to be away from the keyboard today-- otherwise I would have made more of an effort to defend my main city from those Blue Collar Criminals. I think, given that I have been defending myself with minimal help from two other players against 19 of the top 20 players in o55 that my main city was a foregone conclusion anyway. I did manage to establish though that the conquest was revenge driven, which is always a plus. :p Gerrard13100 sent me this nice message:
Picture5_zpsce5726b1.png

Now, I'm familiar with in-game banter and themes like this (spent months battling an alliance called "Infectious State" and it's sister alliances "Infectious Symptons," "System viruses" etc) but there are a few words at the bottom that deserve a response: namely the phrase you failing in Ithaca.

Now everybody has successes and failures in this life, and in that respect this game is no different. I have since admitted and chronicled in detail my failure in Ithaca here. I am proud to say that I learned from that and I am now a leader in the best alliance in world Naxos, where I attempted a different approach. However my failure in Ithaca that Gerrard refers to has nothing to do with the second alliance in Ithaca I built up, but the first one-- one that was built with Gerrard. In fact, all mistakes I made in Riot I think are dwarfed by the mistakes made by Gerrard. I will of course let the reader decide.

I figure that because Gerrard is once again leading an important alliance I should educate the server (in particular those in his alliance) about his track record seeing as he decided to dig into our past today. ;) There are several very specific reasons why I refused to join his alliance "Blue Collar Criminals" even though they are earning most of the milestones and I have some great friends in it (plus they occupy 19 or the top 20 player spots in my ocean). So while I have nothing against the members of BCC (I have immense respect for some of those attacks I received over the last 3 days) I do have a rather large bone to pick with Gerrard, although until I received that lovely letter today I was willing to let old dogs lie.

In this thread I lay out several claims: In the past Gerrard13100 has been dishonest to alliance mates, has treated his alliance members like cogs, and has repeatedly behaved in a childish manner unfitting of an alliance leader. Moreover, as a leader he creates an atmosphere of mistrust within his alliances, and in general behaves in an uncompetitive way.

Gerrard's first premade that he organized on the forum was called Black Fusion. Although most premades start in a world and then fail, Black Fusion's thread was discovered by an old alliance mate from an alliance that Gerrard had spied upon for his own short-term gain. The smack-down from that "vengeful spirit" was so thorough that Gerrard's premade thread never recovered and was locked for becoming off-topic. In what became the first ever instance of a grepolis premade that failed before it was launched (without being cancelled), Black Fusion never came to fruition.

My first encounter with Gerrard was through a mutual friend when he came to join us on the rim of the .en world "delphi" named ray93. We played together for a couple weeks, surviving against a large alliance, and then Gerrard came up with the inspiration to start a new alliance on the soon-to-be-released world, Ithaca. He made a pre-made thread here. Needless to say ray93 (downy) and I joined gerrard as leaders in the alliance he founded because the world had great settings.

I had a couple friends that I invited to join me in this world came, but refused to join Superium Legacy strictly because Gerrard was leading it. Copied from skype conversations from February, when Ithaca opened:
Picture6_zps38b50e09.png

No matter how hard I tried to get one friend to join, she refused because of past experiences.
Picture7_zps8cd5a822.png

What did she dislike about Superium Legacy?
Picture8_zpsd5eb1a2d.png

But I was also a leader. Gerrard wouldn't last forever. Couldn't she look past Gerrard for that?
Picture9_zps7d6f464b.png

Picture10_zps071946bd.png

Picture11_zps2e4e87ea.png

Admittedly my friend wasn't completely negative in outlook toward Gerrard:
Picture12_zps42802367.png

Picture13_zps969c34f9.png

Picture14_zpse0a77e5a.png

DeletedUser

Looking through skype conversations I also had a bit of a trip down memory lane. It was as if I had written a diary of the things that happened in Superium Legacy without meaning to:
Picture16_zpsefea8385.png

Picture17_zps8186ca57.png

Benign yes, but also quite like writing off hours of my work without crediting them to me! :\

But it gets better! Gerrard had a fine plan for defending Superium Legacy in the long term: :mad:
Picture9-7.png

Now while this may sound like a grand plan for about 2 minutes, when you break down the math it becomes clear that you need about 200 of these cities to field 2000 biremes, which is a paltry number when you have 10-20 cities under revolt simultaneously as will be the case in serious core alliances with 200 cities. Also note the lack of city specialization on revolt worlds. (Also note the red-green Christmas theme, this is theme that has returned to the profile of Blue Collar Criminals.) ;)

There was one incident where Gerrard was sending out several Mass Messages to the entire alliance every day for mundane things (like resources to help him get to conquest). I received a complaint and passed it on to him via Private Message. When he ignored me, I made a note in the leader tab so as not to make a scene in the alliance. A good alliance leader responds to concerns of their fellow leaders, no matter how irrational they may seem. This was the response I got instead:
Picture5-10.png

To me, this showed a fundamental lack of respect between people that were supposed to be running an alliance together.

We tried finding a good role for Gerrard where he would excel in a leadership position rather than cause internal strife. Like having him coordinate the first few conquests on skype:
Picture7-8.png

So one by one, members of Superium Legacy started talking amongst each other. The question was that of Mutiny on the Bounty: How long do we put up with this ineptitude? Do we wait until the first war? Especially being in my position at the time, (#2-3 in command) I felt I had a duty and obligation to the alliance members, and that I was neglecting that duty I didn't act in the best interest of the alliance. Was in fact Gerrard's leadership in the best interest of the alliance? Then there was the MaddyMaddy incident:
Picture18_zps6076d43d.png

Picture19_zps6904acc3.png

Finally one night the SL members, being super active talked on skype for 4 hours about what we needed to do: We agreed that we needed to confront Gerrard about the things that weren't getting done in the alliance, or the things that were bothering people. We agreed on several tenets that our alliance should have and we did confront Gerrard about it. Rather than work with us, Gerrard immediately became defensive and declared that he had an emergency business trip down to Peru that he needed to take care of. He promptly logged off skype and grepolis. This was of course the first time that any of us had heard about said business trip. :\ He then (rather than try to work things out with his best alliance members) went into VM for 3 days in a vain attempt to stave off what he saw as an insurrection.

When Gerrard came back on skype I confronted him:
Nick do you have anything else to say to me ?
[3/2/12 9:16:54 AM] Nick- Ituralde/nagnag: There are a number of players who have had complaints against you
[3/2/12 9:17:42 AM] Arron - gerrard13100: Nick, I have lead some very strong alliances on this server. I have never, ever had any problems until Ithaca.
[3/2/12 9:17:51 AM] Arron - gerrard13100: i mean on grepolis.
[3/2/12 9:20:05 AM] Arron - gerrard13100: If it wasnt for me you guys wouldnt be in SL, perhaps not even in Ithaca. Daug would of been in Destiny or some other alliance. I made the alliance, set it up, brought in strong and new players.
[3/2/12 9:21:05 AM] Arron - gerrard13100: Some people think I am a noob cause im on one city, or i dont show off awards. But I know exactly whats comming up in the future on Ithaca. I done it all before with alliances.
[3/2/12 9:23:40 AM] Nick- Ituralde/nagnag: Gerrard, you went into VM when we started talking to you about the treadstone problems
[3/2/12 9:23:54 AM] Nick- Ituralde/nagnag: Yet you had time to be online the entire time
[3/2/12 9:24:05 AM] Nick- Ituralde/nagnag: So obviously you weren't on a trip that required vm
[3/2/12 9:24:10 AM] Arron - gerrard13100: i had to catch a plane in 2 hours
[3/2/12 9:24:20 AM] Arron - gerrard13100: why else would i activate vm
[3/2/12 9:25:22 AM] Nick- Ituralde/nagnag: You were gone for less than 24 hours, even though you said you would be gone for a week
[3/2/12 9:25:36 AM] Arron - gerrard13100: i have a phone btw
[3/2/12 9:25:39 AM] Nick- Ituralde/nagnag: yet you just said that you were coming out of vm in 6 hours
[3/2/12 9:25:55 AM] Arron - gerrard13100: yes cause the work isnt much over here
[3/2/12 9:26:00 AM] Arron - gerrard13100: i thought it would be
[3/2/12 9:27:13 AM] Arron - gerrard13100: Nick, Do you want me out of SL ?
[3/2/12 9:27:25 AM] Nick- Ituralde/nagnag: Yes, I do.
[3/2/12 9:27:41 AM] Arron - gerrard13100: If you really did you would of kicked me.
[3/2/12 9:41:32 AM] Arron - gerrard13100: Anything else you want to ask me ?
[3/2/12 9:42:50 AM] Nick- Ituralde/nagnag: If you're still angry at me when we next meet on another server, you are welcome to take out that anger however you like. I will understand :)
[3/2/12 9:43:34 AM] Arron - gerrard13100: I am not angry...
[3/2/12 9:45:23 AM] Arron - gerrard13100: I will play this server for ages and ages.
[3/2/12 9:45:39 AM] Arron - gerrard13100: so i wont be on a different world
[3/2/12 9:46:11 AM] Arron - gerrard13100: I am just learning some of your attitudes.
[3/2/12 9:47:34 AM] Arron - gerrard13100: and by the way, stay close to me on this world.
[3/2/12 9:47:49 AM] Nick- Ituralde/nagnag: How come?
[3/2/12 9:47:59 AM] Arron - gerrard13100: how come what ?
[3/2/12 9:48:17 AM] Nick- Ituralde/nagnag: On 3/2/12, at 7:47 PM, Arron - gerrard13100 wrote:
> and by the way, stay close to me on this world.
How come?
[3/2/12 9:48:42 AM] Arron - gerrard13100: you might need a bit of alliance help
[3/2/12 10:48:38 AM] Arron - gerrard13100: you kick me from SL ?
[3/2/12 10:49:06 AM] Nick- Ituralde/nagnag: I did kick you from SL, about 3 hours ago.
[3/2/12 10:49:15 AM] Arron - gerrard13100: why ?
[3/2/12 10:49:47 AM] Nick- Ituralde/nagnag: Because several players have been asking me to.
[3/2/12 10:50:46 AM] Arron - gerrard13100: tuff luck, I will be comming back in obviusly.
[3/2/12 10:51:06 AM] Nick- Ituralde/nagnag: downy likes you quite a bit
[3/2/12 10:51:12 AM] Arron - gerrard13100: because he knows me
[3/2/12 10:51:23 AM] Arron - gerrard13100: on the game
[3/2/12 10:51:25 AM] Nick- Ituralde/nagnag: he's a good guy
[3/2/12 10:51:31 AM] Arron - gerrard13100: so am i
[3/2/12 10:51:44 AM] Arron - gerrard13100: we are both good, and we always agreed together.
[3/2/12 10:53:54 AM] Arron - gerrard13100: Dont take this personal Nick, But I have never had these type's of problems on other worlds. looks like im getting some experience from complications like this.

Ah, what a wall of text! In short, this is why I refuse to be a part of this alliance, as tempting as it is to join my other friends. Moreover, to quote myself
If you're still angry at me when we next meet on another server, you are welcome to take out that anger however you like. I will understand :)
Gerrard has now had his revenge! Oh how sweet I'm sure it must be. :p Because I counter his message at the top of this thread-- I did not fail in Ithaca by kicking you out of the alliance. You failed yourself. You failed the members of Superium Legacy, and you failed so hard that one of your alliance members felt the need to conquer your cities forcefully from you.

So enjoy your new city in o55. ;) I was experiencing the mania and lethargy, but I've decided that you misdiagnosed the problem. Good luck on this server, and hopefully this alliance won't mutiny on you like the last couple. 8)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser535

I laughed right through the whole of this, literally laughed my head off. Well done, I not only easily got a city from you but also got a great joke from you.

The last thing I laughed at since this was when you failed to backsnipe me, truly laughed at that. Fun-Fun-Fun

DeletedUser575

Awesome post, finally something to reply to, even if it does try to throw my alliance under the bus. Ituralde, I won't try to deny that I would hope that I am one of those friends in BCC that you talk of, and I won't deny that there was some drama in Ithaca prior to this server. The fact is that I was not in SL in Ithaca long enough, and not on skype at the time, to be privy to all that was going on; but I can assure that this alliance is very different.

I feel the need to defend all of this, because for the most part, this alliance is an alliance of members that I created and trained on a different server, even the profile is my profile which I created and designed. We actually owe Gerrard a great bit of gratitude because he has done a great deal of work as a co-founder to make sure that this alliance stays on it's toes and works hard to accomplish it's goals. Rest assured that we are in fact a tight nit group here and while we all have our flaws and nobody is perfect, we are a long ways away from a repeat of the Superium Legacy incident.

The reality of the Superium Legacy incident is that it took a whole lot more than Gerrard to create the final outcome, and as you yourself have said to me, I have never seen an alliance that so badly did not want to succeed. There were so many small groups within that alliance that wanted to do their own thing, even under yours and my leadership once Arron was out of the picture. If you knew even half of what I had learned about that alliance and it's members after the fact, you yourself might never trust another grepolis player again in your life.

The one thing I am certain of, is that comparing us to SL is completely unfair because we don't have a pact with any alliances nearly as treacherous as Spectre was, who set us up to fail. Had they functioned and held to their commitments as they were supposed to, most likely neither you nor I would be here on this server as we would be still leading Riot together in Ithaca had they not set us up to fail in hopes of taking on our members (and they did take on our members for a short time, until those members figured out what was going on). Now that is a lesson that Gerrard and I won't soon forget or repeat as we have learned to stand on our own as an alliance rather than trying to split offense and defense between two alliances.

This is all I will say on the subject as I understand that the majority of this is due to hurt feelings on both sides, both you and Gerrard, but I do feel the need to identify my alliance as a completely different alliance than what was in Ithaca which was really nothing more than a collection of strangers who knew nothing about each other and where only together because that is where the top players were located. Even just a quick glance at the rankings will tell you, most of our players as individuals wouldn't be tops in any other ocean, it is only through our close teamwork, that Gerrard has helped to orchestrate, are we tops in our ocean. Sure Gerrard is not always the most diplomatic, but his plans and efforts are in the best interest of our alliance and that is what matters most, the rest is just BS that we can see through.

Thank you again for your insight Ituralde, as well as the opportunity to define who we really are to the external forums community, as that chance had not yet presented itself.

DeletedUser575

I just want to follow up my post by mentioning how absolutely frustrating it can be to type out a whole wall of well thought out text and then press the post reply button only to see all of my hard work just disappear into nowhere rather than actually posting. I know you all know what I am talking about. Thank God the auto-save feature works...sometimes.

DeletedUser

I Loled at Capture.jpg :p How old did you say you are dude?? Seriously that is some comical stuff :p

DeletedUser391

Well this tickled my fancy I must ask in fact ask Snake Toucher why you defended that when he really did no put downs he stated facts supported with evidence......

100Grandbar how old are you? 10 ? 12? 2? doesn't matter you can tell by those messages and little inserts you were noob back then further more you've grown to be quite better as i can tell by gamma

your both doing very good right now keep up the good work and come take my city oh please oh please :D

DeletedUser575

Well this tickled my fancy I must ask in fact ask Snake Toucher why you defended that when he really did no put downs he stated facts supported with evidence......

100Grandbar how old are you? 10 ? 12? 2? doesn't matter you can tell by those messages and little inserts you were noob back then further more you've grown to be quite better as i can tell by gamma

your both doing very good right now keep up the good work and come take my city oh please oh please :D

What? Dude, I wish I could answer you as I clearly almost see my name in that post, but it didn't make any sense. Try running it through the translator again and see if you get a different post to put up here. Just saying, communication is key to this game and it appears to be lacking in your post.

DeletedUser

Now this is very interesting. First, we have a very well-written, beautifully spoken original post where the OP has in fact provided evidence as to incidents in the past. I cannot and will not go into those incidents as I, for one, wasn't there, however, I do thank you for not making my head hurt while trying to sort through the high lack of proper grammar and punctuation as I'm seeing with a few others who came after yourself and Touch the Snake.

Secondly, we have another very well-written response. Beautifully done and interesting. I will say that the failure of any alliance isn't based simply on poor leadership, but the alliance as a whole. No matter how good a leader is if the members show no inclination to progress toward victory, the entire group will crumble to the conquerings of players who share a common mindset or goal.

What has happened on other servers and games actually has little bearing in Gamma. And this, honestly, should be not only for Gerrard who first mentioned whatever happened in Ithaca, but for others as well, including myself, as I often speak of other worlds and the problems which I've also faced. But, truly, why would we start a new world at all if we weren't trying to have a fresh start at things? Why leave a world after we've worked so hard to build our cities and grow our empire, deal with the same messes over and over just to bring them into a new world?

Something to think about, perhaps.

As for Rgraff, I'm wondering if perhaps the only reason you decided to throw your own two cents into the mix was perhaps so you could open your mouth and hear the small pebbles roll around within the cavern of an empty skull. What, exactly, do you have against the civility shown by Touch the Snake to the original poster of this thread? Insulting anyone here in this particular thread, bringing to question their age when you, yourself, seem to be lacking in maturity by such an absurd post only reflects badly upon yourself. This would be particularly true if I were to point out the lack of proper spelling, proper punctuation and grammar that I have seen so far.

DeletedUser

Touch the Snake, your posts are always very eloquent and well thought out. And as usual, you are the sane one amongst us crazies! :p Don't ever change.

You are correct, Blue Collar Criminals doesn't merit the whitewash I just painted on Superium Legacy. You guys have a really great team and if you want I can post all your attacks here (and the times they landed too) because you had great timing. The backsnipe I launched landed 10 seconds after the CS-- and by that time you'd already stacked 700 swords in my city so I was really impressed by that. :) I did have 96 biremes stashed in one of those tiny cities on the island which could have sniped the CS but I was stuck on a bus when I would have needed to launch them. In fact, the snipe that I did had to be launched 3 hours, 52 minutes and 40 seconds early so it would attack the city across the island and then return. Even so, you still probably would have landed the siege with the coordination I saw today. So in short, your alliance kicks ***! Certainly outperformed mine today and I can't see you guys falling to another alliance any time soon.

Don't mind my teammates drunkenly commenting... lol it's Saturday night somewhere! The entire purpose of this thread was so I could lash back at Gerrard in an organized manner seeing as he mass-mailed my entire alliance about that "Rabies" joke. I've never shied from a PnP war when somebody else started it and I couldn't resist with all the material I had on hand. I realize you've been working to reconcile the two of us all week and I really applaud that and appreciate the effort. Sometimes, regardless of negotiation efforts, these things happen.

Lady Arachne-- I have heard good things about you from Touch the Snake. Although we haven't met maybe some day we'll fight together (or fight against each other!). I look forward to it. :)
What has happened on other servers and games actually has little bearing in Gamma. And this, honestly, should be not only for Gerrard who first mentioned whatever happened in Ithaca, but for others as well, including myself, as I often speak of other worlds and the problems which I've also faced. But, truly, why would we start a new world at all if we weren't trying to have a fresh start at things? Why leave a world after we've worked so hard to build our cities and grow our empire, deal with the same messes over and over just to bring them into a new world?
You are correct. Now that I've vented all this I actually feel quite a bit better. Ithaca has no bearing on Gamma, and many of us came here for fresh starts. Now that I've caused all this strife, I think it's time for me to retire from this world and let everybody move on with their fresh starts here.

DeletedUser

I'm sorry, I'm still relatively new to this game, but what exactly is a PnP??

DeletedUser

Politics and Propaganda. Used mostly for sharing information about ongoing wars, declarations of wars. Anything and everything about the politics and propaganda of a certain alliance or alliances.

DeletedUser

Politics and Propaganda. Used mostly for sharing information about ongoing wars, declarations of wars. Anything and everything about the politics and propaganda of a certain alliance or alliances.

Ah, ok, thanks for the explanation

DeletedUser

wow super wordy if I ever saw one
sorry I had to stop after the 1st 20 paragraphs as my eyes started to bleed

DeletedUser575

wow super wordy if I ever saw one
sorry I had to stop after the 1st 20 paragraphs as my eyes started to bleed

If you put Ituralte, Lady Arachne, and myself in a locked room for an hour, we would probably come out with a document longer than Steven Kings "It" :p