Please make it harder to get fake BP.

Scamander021

Newcomer
Dropping from alliance to get BP from attacking a teammate. Even worse, Herc farming. Please do something to make it harder to get fake BP. Maybe a 72-hour waiting period before a player can re-enter an alliance. Or maybe put a limit on how many times a person can join an alliance. Thanks.

Shock

Peltast
Dropping from alliance to get BP from attacking a teammate. Even worse, Herc farming. Please do something to make it harder to get fake BP. Maybe a 72-hour waiting period before a player can re-enter an alliance. Or maybe put a limit on how many times a person can join an alliance. Thanks.
Surely you realize there are so many ways around what you just said, right?

As someone who certainly has never been boosted (@jerichoe can testify) it's not really as big of an issue as people make it out to be

Furthermore, I think calling it "fake bp" is kinda lame, for all we know you could have friends in the opposing alliance that let you kill their troops ---- literally 0 way to tell

Scamander021

Newcomer
Surely you realize there are so many ways around what you just said, right?

As someone who certainly has never been boosted (@jerichoe can testify) it's not really as big of an issue as people make it out to be

Furthermore, I think calling it "fake bp" is kinda lame, for all we know you could have friends in the opposing alliance that let you kill their troops ---- literally 0 way to tell

The point of the post is to start the conversation and make some suggestions. If my suggestions don't work, then it's good to know that, and hopefully someone comes up with better ideas. Perhaps you have better ideas since you seem to know a lot. You are a philosopher. Also, I realize that there will likely always be a way to get around anything that is put in place. After all, many players focus on figuring out the loopholes and exploiting them. My hope is that Inno can at least put some things in place to make it harder or more burdensome to exploit things.

What is lame about calling it fake BP? Fake BP is simply BP that you get from killing friendly units instead of enemy units. It's just the truth. If a friend is letting you kill his units, aren't those units still friendly units even though your friend is technically on an opposing alliance? Your friend is not acting as your enemy in that instance.

Even if there were zero way to tell, it's still the truth that fake BP is fake BP. And again, I'm not asking for ideas on how to achieve a 100% total solution. I just want fake BP to be harder to achieve.

Shock

Peltast
If a friend is letting you kill his units, aren't those units still friendly units even though your friend is technically on an opposing alliance? Your friend is not acting as your enemy in that instance.
Correct, which is why all anyone would ever need to do is just have separate alliances if they wanted to be boosted, and then they'd always have 100% BP, there isn't a way of doing it since you can always use external chat services to communicate so really the need to actually be in your alliance is very minimal

And nobody would know it's fake bp, because it's just attacking enemies

Last edited:
I would support the temporary extension of BP penalties to recent former allies. I am not sure what the right duration is, but I don’t believe it needs to be long to be effective. I agree that BP farming teammates is an undesirable aspect of gameplay that should be curbed, within reason.

But I don’t blame Innogames for being careful about meddling too much in this area. There is a fine balance that must be struck when attempting to influence player behavior.

I believe the truth is that BP farming teammates is really not a game mechanics issue so much as just another symptom of the current state of the game, where a culture of casual cheating is pervasive, and worlds are sparsely populated and often non-competitive by mid-game and almost always by end game.

I suspect that if the game were more genuinely competitive and on the level, BP farming teammates would be trivialized organically.

jerichoe

Citizen
What's the problem with "fake" bp, if the enemy doesn't want to kill your troops then you are wasting resources. This is a war game why would I be restrained from doing the thing that helps me win?

Scamander021

Newcomer
To be clear, I'm not making any morality judgments on players who get fake BP. It's available, so people use it. I've benefited from it as well. The real problem is that it is available. Inno apparently tried to address it by implementing the BP penalty, but it's practically useless because people can drop and rejoin an alliance an infinite number of times.

Scamander021

Newcomer
oh ha i is think it crap! for moment haha i do fake bp all time! i not is struggle morale stuff. if not cheat i go total do it if make me winning. haha but i is do it real big if is go do it so thinked if was cheat i go get serious trouble because i take it like 500k in boosts but i is buying slots 24/7 to until get about 60 city so that more cheat because anyone can fake bp boost just ask friends. but not all can golding slots and in worlds i is sim (most US world) i run everything vp, festivals, theater, Olympics even is buy res to running stuff so really it all the gold that open up rest of stuff to be used! in worlds where not sim i still do all same but it not run theater because is make baths

like that it 128 abp and is 71k dbp only real bp other 500k is it fake but only way can doing is by spend lot gold all time but is not care if not cheat still make me big so can eat people better but i thinked all is boost with tokens is just be efficent i use token then farm enemy and boost same time. i has hundreds screen shots bp score but is pick this one because my bff megablahwtfever in it haha he sooo cute look 7k just is want it pick him up and gooy goo him or something ha
IMG_3743_1.jpg

i is do it with tokens only but is just buy token all time in events is throw rest stuff away and keep buy them until full then try use them and buy again until event finish which still back to gold
0496bf68c128a9dc0b7bd12b1947b9e3_1.jpg

but 100% if not cheat i go do it

That looks like it was from the one world that we played together. US 102 (Dion).

boothead

Artisan
That's some impressive boosting. How do you get the troops too boost that much ? I've done fake bp also and think if truthful everyone has but I've never seen BP on that scale any where. 69k in one hit lmao! 700k in one day!! That's some committed friends putting that much work in on a boost. In shock tbh.. Impressive organisation on your boosts well done belle, bet you're a monster in domination worlds lol

dare-devil

Newcomer
That's some impressive boosting. How do you get the troops too boost that much ? I've done fake bp also and think if truthful everyone has but I've never seen BP on that scale any where. 69k in one hit lmao! 700k in one day!! That's some committed friends putting that much work in on a boost. In shock tbh.. Impressive organisation on your boosts well done belle, bet you're a monster in domination worlds lol
Isn't it obvious how she does it? Everyone else knows. Loved the part about "everyone can boost but not all can gold" Sure we can' we all have hundred thousand subs doing anything we ask them. Probably more people following her than Inno has players by the sounds of things. The best part is she's good for the game, she ghosts in every world without fail, leaving couple hundred cities behind full of BP, nicely built and few mil in the caves. Best way to describe her is spoiled rich girl showing off, wanting and getting attention, growing bored and ghosting without notice. Don't need worry about Sparrow/Belle, Once she's had her fun she will leave, Then the rest can carry on with the game. My opinion anyhow, I'm sure others have a different one.

jerichoe

Citizen
it's olympus literally just PVE

boothead

Artisan
yes i is love it all super nice attention is to lots for my little cold heart to taking my pms and discords is even more full love it burns me so lot and grepolis just to easy for me i has to ghost all time. just i to spoiled,

but i was try say for big boosts is need use it lots gold to buying tokens 700k boost take lot tokens more than just is can getting do mini game with not gold because once one it full has to use another then another then another and is just keep buy them fast as can like i is show with screen shot. to stop big boost is need change how gold be use just doubling cost on mini game not for some is stop them because some can just is affording it and others not is. most boost because has tokens i just is trying show it and is be honest when lots not is to admit do big boosting.
i just was give it "my opinion" is need change how gold be use with getting tokens then it lower people do big fake bp but inno not is i think do it because lots is spending lots to get tokens. and i not go stop because others is do it. actual is find hard get point i want make out and real i is also no idea what i actual talking about so i shush
Lol, I understand what your getting at.

slasherdan

Messenger
As a very highly ranked fighter that NEVER jumps out of my alliance for cheap BP I find this chat amusing. There are ways around everything but I'm too lazy to exploit them LOL.

Shock

Peltast
i mean it's not hard at all to be a good ranked fighter

ranks don't really tell you much anyways, they mean very little