Pitiful Server

DeletedUser5524

Part of the problem with the new game play is that founding can only be done on a rock, so if you happen to loose your farm city you either have to make a rock city conquest capable - which is a very slooow process and no island quests available on a rock. Or Option "B" Restart and do it all over again lol
If you are talking about the Domination game mode then this is false. Founding on farming village islands is still possible. At least it was in beta worlds with domination game mode.

DeletedUser15585

you are incorrect, there are only spots to invite players to farm islands - rocks with no farms have founding spots, and in the other Domination World i am still in i messaged Grepo Support staff and they replied that there aware of it and monitoring the game

DeletedUser16240

I had an anchor pop up on my FV island tho. when you hovered over it, it said invite a friend or found a city here

DeletedUser14888

Someone has to ghost on an island for the anchors to open for founding

DeletedUser15585

now after refreshing there are some popping up, so my apologies as i am wrong

DeletedUser262

The suggestion that attack morale is somehow causing vet players to leave is laughable. People stop playing mostly for one reason. The game is pay to win. If you have ever played a world with a literal millionaire you will know what it is like to see nukes you catch and wipe be back to full nukes in a matter of hours, repeatedly. That is why there are so many gold farmers, and so few players. People see that it is pay to win, realize they can't compete without spending a ton of cash, or farming a bunch of gold, and leave the game. Nobody is going to come back to the game for a new mode so long as the core mechanic is still spending real money. The design team has killed this game by making it more pay to win than a strategy game. People started playing because they wanted to play a competitive strategy game. When they found out the real competition was the size of their wallet, a lot of people decided it wasn't for them.

DeletedUser11833

The suggestion that attack morale is somehow causing vet players to leave is laughable. People stop playing mostly for one reason. The game is pay to win. If you have ever played a world with a literal millionaire you will know what it is like to see nukes you catch and wipe be back to full nukes in a matter of hours, repeatedly. That is why there are so many gold farmers, and so few players. People see that it is pay to win, realize they can't compete without spending a ton of cash, or farming a bunch of gold, and leave the game. Nobody is going to come back to the game for a new mode so long as the core mechanic is still spending real money. The design team has killed this game by making it more pay to win than a strategy game. People started playing because they wanted to play a competitive strategy game. When they found out the real competition was the size of their wallet, a lot of people decided it wasn't for them.

Sure the pay to win sucks, but you obviously havent played a conquest world against an alliance that uses nothing but LMDs if you think morale isnt a problem

DeletedUser262

How is it a problem? If they are small, you can just ignore them, and pick off their bigger alliance mates. You can also actively recruit small alliances to do your dirty work for you. Only is a real problem if you persist in attacking someone that is using morale as a deterrent when you are much bigger points wise. Not to mention, you should be deliberately destroying your own structures in order to lower your points. Unless there is something I am missing, morale at worst is a restriction on how efficiently you can expand, at best only going to slow you down.

DeletedUser5524

Ya his argument now is compeltly invalid after reading this. Morale does not work that way and you clearly have no understanding of morale as a tactic.

DeletedUser262

Ya his argument now is compeltly invalid after reading this. Morale does not work that way and you clearly have no understanding of morale as a tactic.

Whose argument? Mine? Unless I truly am missing something, morale is only a factor on attack, and is based on your overall points vs the defenders overall points. You tell me how it is used as a tactic that defeats the solutions I have offered, and if I can't come up with one easily I will admit you have a point. However, I have never once had anyone complain to me that they were leaving because of morale factors, but I have had literally dozens of people state they were leaving because they couldn't compete with the whales.

Corwin36

Artisan
The only halfway effective way to fight lmds is spamming them. Welcome to the new reality. Well besides front snipes. Too bad so many folks don't effectively use their alarms. The truth is lmds just kill part timers until the fighters get tired of trying to protect them. As for bad ideas thoughts. Dude start playing frontline and see how morale is abused.

DeletedUser262

New reality? As far as I recall, morale has been in the game since Alpha. What do you mean "front line"? Worlds aren't that populated anymore, fast worlds should have plenty of attack depth to reach right past an island or two.

DeletedUser14888

You have one thing right. There aren't nearly the amount of players as there used to be when I started playing. Especially at the start. Usually at the start of the game you would have at least 1k players sometime 2k then life would happen as the game progressed and some of the players would quit playing.

Now morale is only in effect so long as the player being attacked has less than 11 cities. Once the player gets to the 11 cities he has no protection with morale at all. I really don't understand why everyone seems to want to make such a big deal about it.

DeletedUser15947

you are incorrect, there are only spots to invite players to farm islands - rocks with no farms have founding spots, and in the other Domination World i am still in i messaged Grepo Support staff and they replied that there aware of it and monitoring the game
lol
smiley_emoticons_ins-auge-stechen.gif
i love seeing someone saying "You're wrong" when they are wrong
smiley_emoticons_auslachen2.gif

DeletedUser16275

I played Grepolis for 7 years. Have been gone for 2 years and got a little excited when I saw the new "Domination" status for this server. Less than 1 day in and I was bombarded with not ONE but TWO "buy gold" offers. It did not get better while I was gone, it seems to have gotten worse. Will decide if I stay by the end of BP. I don't have a problem with buying gold for the gods, but it is ridiculous that so much gold is required to build your city FAST just so you can keep up. The days of tactics, strategy, and building camaraderie with your alliance mates seems to be a long, lost cause. I keep hoping the "fun" will return to the game.

DeletedUser5524

I played Grepolis for 7 years. Have been gone for 2 years and got a little excited when I saw the new "Domination" status for this server. Less than 1 day in and I was bombarded with not ONE but TWO "buy gold" offers. It did not get better while I was gone, it seems to have gotten worse. Will decide if I stay by the end of BP. I don't have a problem with buying gold for the gods, but it is ridiculous that so much gold is required to build your city FAST just so you can keep up. The days of tactics, strategy, and building camaraderie with your alliance mates seems to be a long, lost cause. I keep hoping the "fun" will return to the game.
To each his own. I am growing relatively fast without gold and the gold offers you got were from Black Friday offers.