Peace times for Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Years?

DeletedUser14776

Just curious if these are already sorted out & perhaps happening? I'm looking to finalize plans for holidays & hope we do receive more than 48 hours notice perhaps on these?

TY!

DeletedUser15631

That is being discussed right now and wont know anything until it is publicly announced on the forum, that is the word from higher ups.

So what that means is.....if there IS a peacetime, there will be an announcement posted publicly on the forum and it will explain all the details/rules. If there is no announcement posted, then there is no peacetime. This applies to all 3 holidays. Thanks
smiley_emoticons_kolobok-sanduhr.gif

DeletedUser14776

In response to the lack of a peacetime due to a gold event, please see my Boycott thread.

DeletedUser14888

I am very disappointed that there is no peacetime for Thanksgiving. That is a time to spend with family and loved ones and players shouldn't have to worry about being attacked. If they want to they should be able to play and build up their cities and troops but not attack other players. They should be able to attack ghosts and quests though. I sure hope that there is a peacetime for Christmas. The peacetimes made it nice for the holidays

DeletedUser15631

I asked for an answer on why no peacetime for Thanksgiving this year and this was the response I received back.

We appreciate all player feedback on the issue of Thanksgiving peace time. In past years we have done peace time over thanksgiving, however, we are trying something new this year due to the mixed feedback in recent years. Players are provided with vacation time every year, perhaps using some vacation days for the time you need off would be good.

DeletedUser11525

Given the long lead up time and restrictions for going into VM, and that you are still attackable if you are on a WW island, the 2 really aren't equivalent.

Maybe they need to add 3 (or some other reasonable number) 'holiday' days per year, that you need to register a week or 2 ahead of time, but take effect at 0:00 of the day you desire, and end at 23:59 the same day, fully unattackable for those 24 hours, and can not be used leading up to VM. This would give players the ability to take days that are important to them, but can't get someone out of being op'd. This also then takes Inno out of making these decisions that always annoy some players, which ever way they decide.

DeletedUser14776

I asked for an answer on why no peacetime for Thanksgiving this year and this was the response I received back.

We appreciate all player feedback on the issue of Thanksgiving peace time. In past years we have done peace time over thanksgiving, however, we are trying something new this year due to the mixed feedback in recent years. Players are provided with vacation time every year, perhaps using some vacation days for the time you need off would be good.

VM would be nice, with one small problem - Those worlds in Age of Wonders & their world wonder city holders, never get a break as a result of those new rules changes. VM will never work for them. And that results in VM in essence not working for the rest of at least two alliances (the builders & the opposition) as they have to be constantly aware & ready for attack/defense on a wonder holder. Please be sure to pass that along to them as well for their consideration. Thanks.

DeletedUser15631

I passed it along up the chain for you and they changed their mind. Happy peacetime to all.

DeletedUser15631

All I did was pass on the message that players wanted a Thanksgiving peacetime. I didn't make the changes or the rules. But I am sorry about wonders, that is affecting me as well.

DeletedUser14769

All I did was pass on the message that players wanted a Thanksgiving peacetime. I didn't make the changes or the rules. But I am sorry about wonders, that is affecting me as well.
I am sorry. I wrote it in the wrong section. I realize that.