P&P Nidhogg

DeletedUser427

The Evolution of Nidhogg

Welcome Readers, to the first US edition of Nidhogg. I’m your loyal reporter in the field, Paarthurnax . My job is to go around and report the news from Rise of the Dragon, the premiere alliance in 065, World Beta. Today, we’ll be going over some of the “signs of the noob” as RotD sets up its bases and begins its glorious rise.
First off, the noob is simple to spot in Grepolis. His (or her) city is the one with too many points and not enough battle points. This means a player that is “sim-citying” or just building a pretty city for a real player to come and conquer soon. Ladies and Gentlemen, I plan on spending some nice R&R in these “noob towns”, or as I call them in the reporting business, resorts.

From Paarthurnax’s Last Trip to a Resort
springbreak1.JPG

Secondly, the noob can be spotted by an overly aggressive stance towards all other players. The noob believes they can not only hold their own against an alliance, he believes he can “win” against them. Ladies and Gentlemen, do not make this mistake. This is war, not a Jackie Chan movie. Enemies are not going to attack one at a time, while the rest dance around in a threatening manner.

The Aggressive Noob Getting Spanked
Whiny_Kid_on_Intarwebz_by_Dadaph.png

Third, the noob is known to proudly display all their wonderful pacts to every other alliance in the world. This is the sign not only of a noob, but an alliance of noobs. While you may feel proud showing other alliances and players what a great “coalition” you have built up, you fail to realize you are also showing all your enemies who they would be going to war against if they attack you, and these enemies can bribe, or attack, your allies first. This sign of the noob is one to avoid at all costs, for not only does it mark you as a noob, it flaunts it in front of the whole word.

The Noob who Flaunts their Noobdom
2832655391437714768.jpeg

And finally ladies and gentlemen, in an attempt to help us continue to build the “noob profile”, Nidhogg will be proudly giving away “Noob Trophies” to those who justifiably have earned them through noob-like action in Grepolis. Please feel free to nominate your favorite “noob-moments”, and do not hesitate to nominate yourself. We have all been there at one time or another.

NoobTrophy2.jpg

I’m looking forward to sharing World Beta with you wonderful readers. Questions, comments, and suggestions are always welcome here at Nidhogg. For now, I’m Paarthurnax, and you stay classy Dragons.

DeletedUser

....... What?

Edit: Nevermind, you had not had the full post up when I read it haha

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Sup Nid. Former Juktas ally of RoTD.

+rep. You always do pretty well in you PnPs. I still remember the one you did for the RoTD v.s DowNers thread. lol.

DeletedUser427

War Breaks Out!

Hello readers! This is Paarthurnax, once again reporting from Ocean 65 on the recent events surrounding Rise of the Dragon. Today, the point-leading alliance of Ocean 65, Essence of the Gods (EotG), attacked a Rise of the Dragon member. They also have previously taken in refugees from the pitiful alliance tomahawks (aka leclair-something-or-other). After corresponding with a leading point-member of Essence of the Gods, Rise of Dragon founder PeoplesChamp has decreed a state of war exists between the two alliances.

The root cause of this war can be found in a simply, though ridiculous, issue: the taking in of refugees. Earlier in this paper, I wrote an article regarding "the noob". Ladies and Gentlemen, I'd like to take this opportunity to add another "sign of the noob": the taking in of refugees from dysfunctional alliances. EotG claims they were simply "expanding their alliance". Who would want to expand their alliance with people who are being farmed by another alliance continually? A no-experience alliance. Refugees are players who cannot defend themselves, so they leave for a bigger, stronger alliance. In Grepo, experienced players release these refugees cause more problems than they solve, and would simply expel them (if they ever took them in to begin with). However, EotG has taken it upon themselves to refuse the claim of refugees, showing not only their lack of experience in Grepo, but their lack of intelligence in general. Rather than avoiding a war with RotD, EotG has welcomed the war with open arms. Just for those who are unfamiliar with history, here's another leader that "welcomed" war with their rival nation.

King Priam once had no fear for his city too!
Troy5.jpg

Unforetunately for EotG, some of their players have also welcomed RotD troops into their cities with open arms and full warehouses. One RotD member today achieved a raid not only without loss of troops, but also capturing 2736 resources. This does not speak well of the members in EotG, or their future in a war.

Essence of the Gods City during RotD Raid
Troy11.jpg

As a reporter, I understand not everyone is convinced with stories, or historical comparisons. Some people are "show me the numbers" types. Well, I strive to please. Here are some numbers that might interest readers:
RotDEotG
Members2036
Total Points3807365499
ABP28111016
DBP41549
BP (total)28521565
Ratio Points to BP13.3541.85
I'm not sure about how you may individually read these statistics, but at Nidhogg we see high points to BP ratios as a sign of the "sim-city" noob. Does the fact 99% of RotD's bp is attacking, while 65% of EotG's bp is from defense mean this war will have only one tone? I'm not sure, but as the saying goes, "numbers never lie".

Either way, as a reporter I can say its great to be back out from the desk and into the war zone. We'll be camping out in the RotD HQ for the next few days, and be compiling reports of the war as they come in. In the near future we hope to have an interview with the RotD leadership, and we will extend an invitation for an interview to the EotG leadership as well. As ever, I'm Paarthurnax, and you stay classy dragons!

DeletedUser

entertaining as always.. think you should start new threads tho for seperate PnP's

DeletedUser427

Um, I suppose I could. I might for the next one, which will be interviews. I have RotD responses, but giving 2 leaders from EotG a little more time to respond.