Open Letter of Apology To War Dogs Attackers

Rodrk

Peltast
Dear Attackers in War Dog Alliances,

I want to apologize to you on behalf of your leaders. They have left you with little to do, and I understand how this must make for a boring few months. They've taken away all of your food and instead opted to have diplomacy with everyone except TBD (not counting shawnee). While i can understand that uniting against a common threat (TBD) can make sense, the biggest threats in Grepo come from within.

Attrition, frustration and worst of all, boredom.

The list of options is short -

1 - Sim, defend
2 - Attack stacks for BP so you can eat internals or found cities, rebuild and hit stacks again

I'm apologizing because I've heard for years and years that GOLD is killing Grepolis. Well, there is certainly an argument to be made there, but that's a different thread and it's far too easy to just say GOLD and run away!

What's playing out currently in Dimale is what challenges the future of Grepolis. The stagnation created by leaders who would rather turtle up, and handcuff their offensive players forcing them to sim, VM or quit because they are BORED!

I have to say, i'm still having a good time with plenty of people to attack, still taking red cities (instead of blue or founding) and playing the game. Let this be a lesson to players in future worlds. Be careful with what kind of leadership you align with because many choose this path. The easy path. Point your finger at the enemy, cry GOLD GOLD GOLD, partner with everyone and watch time go by. This is one of the few Free or Pay to Play games where ACTIVITY gives you a true advantage. Big golders can often be made to quit if you frustrate them with ACTIVITY AND STRATEGY.

But the circumstance is what it is in Dimale and to you, Attackers not in TBD, I'm sorry to see your leaders contribute more to the decline of Grepolis more then gold every will.

DeletedUser15689

I don't complain about gold and continue attacking. Then again you know I'm crazy ;)

DeletedUser16308

it hurts my feelings we weren't in this TP apology!

Rodrk

Peltast
Well when you barley edge out Shawnee for ABP as an alliance, i don't know that this would apply to your members. They are clearly just fine not attacking.

On the other hand WD clearly has players that like to attack. After all, thats kinda the fun part of the game but after this weekend's OP on TBD netted 2 actual op targets (not counting 2 baby cities), it's not exactly a feeding frenzy. Especially considering WD gave back 9 cities to TBD during their OP in oceans that matter.

Maybe the apology is less then sincere, but I don't know how it wouldn't be fair to say that it must suck playing in WD right now. Their people show up and get a lot of revolts but then what? A few dedicated players - their attackers - are the only ones following up. The only ones actually trying to make an effort and take some cities. And while you can say its summer, participation is low, people are busy, whatever - it's only part of the story.

The real reason is this - WD leadership took away all the food. There is one option for WD, WD2, FES and Silence to attack, and it's not going terribly well. If you don't allow your members options for conquests, they will tune out, sim, defend etc.

WD Leadership i'm sure is bashing their members in their leaders skype room saying how lazy everyone is but they are not being honest with themselves. This reality is self made.

And a little shout out to silence, who despite being very small, seem to be actively attacking but when coalition-ed up, food remains scarce for all teams who are not TBD.

Last edited:

DeletedUser15689

Time I outed TBD leaders. Putter asked me to leave and Meg posted to boot me for her DEC 27 must have 2 new cities bench mark . Yeah her 2 new colonies on rocks were way better then the 2 reds I took worth 16K. My clown homies lost it. I offered you us after we left our services on our terms. You thought we were soft and hit us with only 5 vs 50 and you still can't boot us from 55. Then the "we burnt our bridges" pms from Meg to us made us laugh. You won't win a crown on this server.

Rodrk

Peltast
Time I outed TBD leaders. Putter asked me to leave and Meg posted to boot me for her DEC 27 must have 2 new cities bench mark . Yeah her 2 new colonies on rocks were way better then the 2 reds I took worth 16K. My clown homies lost it. I offered you us after we left our services on our terms. You thought we were soft and hit us with only 5 vs 50 and you still can't boot us from 55. Then the "we burnt our bridges" pms from Meg to us made us laugh. You won't win a crown on this server.

Mission Accomplished?

Meg TheBeagle

Philosopher

Well, Dan, you're MENSA so you must be right. LOL. You got your facts wrong, dude. Grow up.

Looking at stats, it seems those two alleged red cities were the only ones you've taken on this server.

Last edited:

DeletedUser15812

Dude you really smoke way to much pot! You left Abdera because you hated the leadership (Putter or myself I assume) then joined here with the same leadership, then cried at the ridiculous request that you grow and not sim. No one told you to leave, you just stomped your feet like a two year old and left because you hated not being in charge from the day you joined.

Rodrk

Peltast
Can we talk about how a grown man refers to his fellow players as his "homies"? I'm assuming that when i say that i have to flash a white boy gang sign which i'm doing.......Right......... Now!

DeletedUser16240

Wait they are OPing us? I thought they were just giving out free BP?

Rodrk

Peltast
A second apology to WD attackers is in order. They've tried hard this week but in the end, attacked, crashed and are headed to the inevitable rebuild phase. For the life of me i can't understand the strategy. Multiple players unloaded on me the the other night, seeing much of it die and 0.0% chance of them taking the 1 city they attacked. This was followed by a great plan the following morning to attack 1 other single city.

So without all the offense lost a couple nights before, the real OP has commenced. Revolts were made, cities were defended. Cities were defended successfully. Cities were at the end, still owned by TBD EXCEPT - 1 city!

What does the post OP MM say? How does it refer to this 1 city in the recap of another successful OP? Do you call it just CITY? Or it is The City? That City, A City? I'm seeking to understand how internally this is referred to.

Again, apologies to WD attackers who do show up. There is just such an amazing lack of strategy and follow through. It's like the leaders over there are all Fredo from The Godfather. They run around behind peoples backs, trying to steal players for any "leg up" they can get, and frankly just are not that smart and in fact, don't really know things. I'm sorry you have to put up with this attackers of WD, you're better then this.

DeletedUser16436

Ive been gone for a while but I’ve never seen someone put so much effort into attempting to trash talk in externals. Did someone upset you ? This is next level