Omicron Newspaper.

DeletedUser

I am making the Omicron newspaper when Beginners Protection is over.

DeletedUser

what do you plan on posting in it?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

More info? Looking forward to having a newspaper haven't had a world with one in some time!

DeletedUser39

I don't play on this world, but I'd suggest you to really think this through before starting it. You also started a Milestones thread on Xi, and after 2 weeks said it was 'too much work' (maybe a total of 10 things you had to update in 2 weeks?).

A newspaper is much more work. So make sure you're ready to pour a good ammount of time into this; for it has to be a decent newspaper, I assume.

DeletedUser

I don't play on this world, but I'd suggest you to really think this through before starting it. You also started a Milestones thread on Xi, and after 2 weeks said it was 'too much work' (maybe a total of 10 things you had to update in 2 weeks?).

A newspaper is much more work. So make sure you're ready to pour a good ammount of time into this; for it has to be a decent newspaper, I assume.

Yeah, I agree.
For the newspaper you'd have to do interviews, talk to a lot of people to get info, think of interesting things to write etc etc. Think about how much time you have.

DeletedUser

Yeah, I agree.
For the newspaper you'd have to do interviews, talk to a lot of people to get info, think of interesting things to write etc etc. Think about how much time you have.

I know that a newspaper includes this

DeletedUser2039

I have written a few articles in the past. I'll give you what I learned from The Eta Chronicle:

-Grammar makes for a pleasent read. Check, check, and check again. It goes a long way and I got many reviews saying it was very nice just because the grammar was. Don't think it is of little importance, that is not at all the case. Just having things flow naturally can be difficult.
-Mix it up. Your paper should be primarily be comprised of world information, but don't be afraid to throw in some outside stuff. Maybe some US current events because we are the US server, or anything really. Grepolis comics or what not like you said to.
-Interview a ton of people. They were always my favorite part about papers. It really stirs things up from their answers, so info probe as much as you can haha.
-Make the time frame something doable. I would say a biweekly paper, but that even caught up with me. Just don't promise something you can't do. No one will realy understand what needs to go into it but you. I've spent my fair share of late nights working on it, and it isn't always fun after the first one haha.

Good luck, hope that helps. All I got for ya. I'm sure you can dig up the old articles in the Eta forum somewhere.

DeletedUser2498

yeah tyler's newspaper was definitely very well done, i really enjoyed it while i played in eta (even though you never asked me for an interview;) ). everything he listed is definitely important, but it's certainly going to take alot of your time. i would suggest getting someone to work with you on it to make things easier. we had intended to do one in iota where the work was divided up between the council members of aweshock (and apathetic king), but once a major war started it was still really too much of a drain on time to continue doing it.

best of luck to you though, and i look forward to reading it.