New World's anytime soon??

• Thread starter DeletedUser15839
  • Start date

DeletedUser15839

I'd just like to point out that there are only 6 active worlds (Defined by those which you can join) in this Server.... This is the lowest world count I've ever seen..

And we have gold/the events to thank for this..

I am NOT saying gold sucks. It's a tool that can be used to an aid. But, as we all know, there are those that spend ridiculous amounts of money on the game for gold. Then, with the increased events, even more golding happens. This leads to full myth nukes being made in just hours. Even in a new world such as Dyme, there are those who are bringing a 2K city to 12K in less than 3 hours. When the world opened, there were already players (thanks to the event at the time) with myth nukes at 40 of a unit - yet the world wasn't even a full 24 hours old yet... Then lastly, nobody is taking on the new people anymore. It's one big giant hug-a-thon where everyone hangs out with who they know and that's it. Targeting new players with intensity because it's an easy takeover and allows for the experienced and super golders to grow quicker. Not bad for them, but it's destroying the community. All of this, is destroying the community.

I looked at the Thebes map, and the outer core oceans (ex. 64,53,35,56 etc) or the "Rim" is BARELY filled halfway. Yet it's in WW Age..

TSF mentioned in a thread of his asking about a merge of the EN and US servers.. Might as well. As the way things are going, there won't be a US server to even play anymore.. Six worlds... SIX.

It's sad watching this game go from a great MMORPG that won a game of the year award - that had a HUGE community and fan base, to honestly this sad, little, thing. The US server is dying.

I know Inno/Grepo is making it's money. Probably more than it used to with all of the events and packages that are given now. But following this philosophy will only drive more and more out of each server until the game literally has a community to fit only ONE server for the entire world. And the money won't be there either..

MODs, please talk to someone whose gotten into this philosophy of having so many events and random packages/boosts and show them the data. I know it's there. We all can see it. But with how things are going, I don't believe there's even a point to opening another world in the US server after Dyme.. Under the current philosophy, the community will continue to diminish until there isn't even enough to fill the corners of the core oceans in any given world player count wise.

And yeah, I'm kind of just venting here. But I remember this game being great. It's no longer anywhere near that now.

DeletedUser13443

Let me add a solution that might make players feel like they are being heard, is if those at Innogames had a video chat session, where questions could be asked and answered directly with the developers(Q&A). I respect the moderators on here but nobody wants to go through you to get to the game makers, in hopes that players have been heard. A direct video chat would solve this...Thank You for your time....

BTW I do speak German

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4951

The mods have no power over it. They don't even really get to decide the world settings without Inno's approval. Inno seems to have finally listened to the idea of nerfing events. But now there's the problem of pricing players out.

The reason I suggested merging US and EN is because the US is past its prime. In 2013-2015 their worlds would grew relatively quickly, though never quite had that activity of EN. I believe Inno put too much faith in the US markets. Now the story for the majority of the people left in this server is either they don't want to lose their achievements, don't want to lose their gold, can no longer play EN due to certain issues with the rules, or people who were already playing both servers. Despite the server releasing great settings for most worlds now, they can't attract the premier EN teams. But EN can still draw in the top US players. Merging the servers allows for more people to join one server, opening up a rim quicker, giving more opportunities to players. There's also believe among many top EN leaders that the top US players are either cheaters or front runners who quit when pressured by good teams, this has been their experience with many US players and teams that came to EN. I actually genuinely feel that we should all be playing a single international server as this would allow newer players to learn on the rim, offset gold use with large wars by many golders, and put top premade against top premade.

I do have an idea for new players and helping them. Where a world setting would be added that takes out the link and the choice of direction. So you have to play with what you got in your ocean. I think this would be a fun setting that would serve as a challenge to experienced players and leaders.

The gold and flyers. I'm not sure its an event problem so much as its a design problem mixed with a problem with the meta. Take out favor farming and the flyers aren't as relevant and take out most myth events and replace them with bireme, LS, ALU, and DLU events and its not really that bad and would make siege breaks more strategic. Because right now, if the player is on, and the CS lands, its dying.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13443

The mods have no power over it. They don't even really get to decide the world settings without Inno's approval. Inno seems to have finally listened to the idea of nerfing events. But now there's the problem of pricing players out.

The reason I suggested merging US and EN is because the US is past its prime. In 2013-2015 their worlds would grew relatively quickly, though never quite had that activity of EN. I believe Inno put too much faith in the US markets. Now the story for the majority of the people left in this server is either they don't want to lose their achievements, don't want to lose their gold, can no longer play EN due to certain issues with the rules, or people who were already playing both servers. Despite the server releasing great settings for most worlds now, they can't attract the premier EN teams. But EN can still draw in the top US players. Merging the servers allows for more people to join one server, opening up a rim quicker, giving more opportunities to players. There's also believe among many top EN leaders that the top US players are either cheaters or front runners who quit when pressured by good teams, this has been their experience with many US players and teams that came to EN. I actually genuinely feel that we should all be playing a single international server as this would allow newer players to learn on the rim, offset gold use with large wars by many golders, and put top premade against top premade.

I do have an idea for new players and helping them. Where a world setting would be added that takes out the link and the choice of direction. So you have to play with what you got in your ocean. I think this would be a fun setting that would serve as a challenge to experienced players and leaders.

The gold and flyers. I'm not sure its an event problem so much as its a design problem mixed with a problem with the meta. Take out favor farming and the flyers aren't as relevant and take out most myth events and replace them with bireme, LS, ALU, and DLU events and its not really that bad and would make siege breaks more strategic. Because right now, if the player is on, and the CS lands, its dying.

Thank you for your thoughts....Good stuff.

DeletedUser11502

MODs, please talk to someone whose gotten into this philosophy of having so many events and random packages/boosts and show them the data. I know it's there. We all can see it. But with how things are going, I don't believe there's even a point to opening another world in the US server after Dyme.. Under the current philosophy, the community will continue to diminish until there isn't even enough to fill the corners of the core oceans in any given world player count wise.

Thank you for stating your concern, however I believe you will find that InnoGames monitors this server more closely than you think. There will be more worlds to follow...

Thank you for your concern on this, however this will be a decision made by InnoGames, not the players. This concern is not open to discussion.

DeletedUser15926

I'm in that situation. I've come to realize that unless you're buying massive amounts of gold, you're just fodder for those who do.

Would love Inno to do one world without Gold, just one! To see how successful or not it would be?
It'd be a pain. People with lots of cities need advisors to keep managing everything, so unless you're talking about making them free for that world, the world would flop on its side. However, I'd join it if they made it.

Edit: Really the only advisors they'd need to use are the admin for overseeing an insane amount of cities, and the captain for planning attacks unless you're using third-party timers like Discord bots, which then negates the need for captain, as well as the farming villages overview.

Last edited:

DeletedUser15403

Nooooo dont get rid of favor farming!! get rid event myth tokens if anything.

DeletedUser15403

I'm in that situation. I've come to realize that unless you're buying massive amounts of gold, you're just fodder for those who do.
Nahh homie, i can rock top 50 attacker / defender easily with no gold, and sure, a massive gold spender can cause the damage of 5 people on his own, but that's what a good team is for, on top of keeping your forum support threads properly updated. I love being picked on by gold spenders... gets u a ton of DBP

a massive gold spender can cause the damage of 5 people on his own

This exactly. A guy on Eubea was spending so much gold it was like a goldmine. As soon as people started hitting back and winning he packed up and left. Golders typically have a high opinion of themselves since they do well, but lots of gold doesn't do anything when you're trying to 1-sec anti-snipe a CS, whether with biremes before or LS after.