New Units Portal- Thoughts

DeletedUser2039

That's really damn nice. Might be a little overwhelming to a newer player, but it looks very well done.

Is the first sentence what you wanted it to say...? Not a complete thought.
33nvq.jpg

and another...
33oj9.jpg

33olf.jpg

actually...there's a bunch like that

33oqo.jpg

transportboat?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You did a pretty nice job although I found a few mistakes:

The unit speed of a divine envoy is incorrect in the all units section, there speed is 16 not 32.

Here in the all units section there is one mistake. A Pegasus defense against sharp is 250 not 200.

Here in the land units section and in the divine units section you repeated the description of defense against blunt in all three.

There are two mistakes in this part of the land units section. One is that you spelled hoplites wrong and the other mistake is that you put archers cost 72 silver and they really cost 75 silver.

There are two mistakes in the horsemen description of the land units section. One is a factual error, horses fight best against archers not swordsmen. The other is that it cost 360 silver to recruit a horsemen, not 36 like it says right now.

One tiny mistake in the chariot description of the land units section. A Chariot's defense against sharp is 16 not 15.

One significant mistake here in the light ship description of the naval units section. The 2 of the resources amount for the light ship are incorrect. It cost 1300 wood to build one not 800. Also it cost 800 silver to make it not 150.

Another mistake with the resources needed in the fast transport boat description of the naval units section. It cost 400 silver not 150.

There is a mistake in the harpy description in the divine units section. There defense against distance is 1 not 0.

There are two mistakes in the centaur description of the divine units sections. It cost 300 rock not 400. Also a Centaur's defense against blunt is 150 not 1500.

There are 4 mistakes in the Pegasus description in the divine units section. There defense against blunt is 900 not 850. There defense against sharp is 250 not 175. There defense against distance is 300 not 200. Also a Pegasus speed is 35 not 10.

There is one mistake in the divine envoy description in the divine units section. It's blunt attack is 35 not 15.

Those are all the mistakes I caught, there might be some more but since I don't have all the gods at the moment I can't check to see if the rest of the myth unit numbers are correct. I hope this helps, and Tom you did a pretty good job, I can't imagine having one person manage the entire wiki that is a lot of work :)

DeletedUser

Sorted.

Odd thing is that I got them mainly correct on the main page... Just not on the individual unit type pages.

Meh, thank you very much for pointing all of that out.

DeletedUser

Hey - thanks for the upkeep on the wiki. I use it often because the memory is not so good ;)

One quick suggestion is to repeat the legend bar (that is on top of the units table) every 10 or 20 lines. Keeps folks like me from having to scroll up and down.

Also 'HYDRA' icon in the table is missing it's title on the units page.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I was thinking the same thing myself really... A lot of numbers, unless you know what each refers to, having the top bit repeated would help. I'll add it in at some point. :)

And yes, i'll add that in for the Hydra as well.

Thanks!