New player with a question

DeletedUser

I'm pretty new to online gaming and thought this looked a little like civilization, so thought I would give it a try. My question is about mixed unit armies in battle. If I send an army with three different units into battle against another army with three different units, will my units automatically target their opponent with the least resistance, or is it just a combined numbers kind of thing? For instance, would my hoplites attack an opponents horsemen, or do they get included in an attack on archers? Just didn't know if one unit type may be completely decimated while another is unscathed. Also I am not sure if this is the right forum for this, but it's the world I am playing, so I put it here as an introduction as well.

DeletedUser

Well,
It seems like with the 2 years I've been playing it's a mix of all units against all. Although certain units are good against other units. Such as Hops vs. swords, horses vs archers, slingers vs. hops etc. What I would advise as if you see a city full of a certain defense unit, attack with the unit strongest against it. You can see this in the barracks to see, week points on units, and what type of weapon the unit is.

DeletedUser

That being said, if a city contains all kinds of troops, than you want to contain a wider variety as well. Not sure about the actual mechanics you bring up, though.

DeletedUser

Personally, I prefer "pure" nukes, that is, nukes made of only one unit, be it slinger, horse or hoplite, and a somewhat balanced defense, usually 1:1:2 sword:archer:hop since I'm lazy. Anyhow, I believe it to be a combined attack/defense, split into 3 parts: Dist, Blunt, and Sharp. That's just what I think anyhow, perhaps someday I'll mess around with a calculator and the simulator and find out for real, but not today.

DeletedUser

Oh yah. And a good unit is chariots. As long as you have enough time to build them. They take awhile but last forever defense and offense. But if you are in a war and all of them die switch to a faster building unit.

DeletedUser

Thanks for the advice everybody. I am just attacking farming villages now, but was looking at the last one wondering how to plan for it. At least I have some idea now. This game is pretty addictive.

DeletedUser

Case of the disappearing troops... sent out a farming raid with my piddly army about 20 minutes ago and they vanished. No attack report. The troops are still showing in the barracks so they must exist somewhere. I tried logging out and back in again. Still no troops and they show in the barracks.

Sigh. Having lost half my troops over the weekend, and now all my troops today for no apparent reason, what should I do now?

DeletedUser

Please put in a support ticket but if you can see them in your barracks, that usually means they are in the city and not sent out.

DeletedUser

Oops, beat me later. They're home so I simply lost my mind for a moment. Thanks for the super rapid response (and making me laugh at my stupidity). Great explanation on the rollback blast you just sent. Very cool game.

*bashes head on keyboard*