New player being conquered

DeletedUser

I just started playing about 3 weeks ago and am currently under attack from a guild named Annihilation who are now conquering me. As a new player I have no idea what to do.

They killed all my troops in the first wave of attacks, then sent the conquering force. Good battle strategy of course, but, is there anything I can do to defend myself or stop this? I didn't see the first wave coming to try to defend a little but they vastly overpowered me. I did use all defense I could on the last attack.

What happens when they conquer me? Do I just start over? And then they do it again?

DeletedUser10119

If you are in an alliance have them break the siege, if not then I guess you start over and read the wiki.

DeletedUser

Paul, I looked you up on grepostats and it appears you aren't in an alliance, and therefore have very few friends. So, in a last ditch effort, time to try and make some. You're a one city, 2.3k player. Chances are they didn't send a lot of defense to defend you siege. I want you to PM the amount of defense to Stormbringers, who appear to be fighting with Annihilation, and ask them to break the siege. That's your best chance, and you have a very, very slight chance.

This teaches you a very valuable lesson about this game: You need strong friends.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Or that you need to learn how to dodge the first attacks and save all your troops for the last attack

DeletedUser10267

Join an alliance. Learn to dodge. Learn to snipe. You have your options.

DeletedUser14823

Question

So basically this means you cannot play this game without sucking up to someone bigger and paying them for protection unless you want to be constantly attacked over and over or continuously restarting over and over?

DeletedUser271

Well, when you put it like this, it does sound bad. However, the game has a much more important social aspect. Alliances and the people in them are what make this game fun for me. Besides, they'll be able to help you against those bigger player :)

Join an alliance, make friends; the bullying will stop if you're in a good alliance and you'll have fun.

DeletedUser11525

So basically this means you cannot play this game without sucking up to someone bigger and paying them for protection unless you want to be constantly attacked over and over or continuously restarting over and over?

So, you are partially right, and you do have some other options as well.

None of the alliances I've been in 'charge' for protection, at least directly. Alliance members are expected to send support to other alliance members to the extent possible. So, if you are a small 1 city player, you might send 30 or 40 units, while a 40 city player might be able to send several thousand. What's in it for the bigger players? Helping to build up the smaller players to provide more support later, and more resources available for WW time. Being part of an alliance does also add some social aspect to the game, and gives you a good resource for learning more about how to play and grow.

If you really want to go it alone, you really have 2 options: 1) relocate far out onto the edge of the world where there may be less competition; 2) spend lots of gold to build up quickly to be less of a easy target.

I would really recommend talking to some of the players in alliances in the area and see which ones line up with your playing style, and see about joining them.

DeletedUser9555

Bigger players also are usually in need of bp, so dont mind spending troops to help smaller players stay alive and gain easy bp

DeletedUser11791

This game is not so easy going solo when starting out. As suggested in some of the top posts, put yourself out there and try joining up into some alliances. When you're starting out, asking lots of questions is a good way to hone your abilities fast. If you're lucky, there will be an experienced player or 2 in one of the alliances you will find yourself in. Soak up as much information from them as you can about timing, sniping, dodging, what to build or train and a anything else you can learn.

Basically, if you don't use the alarm (mobile phone app) it will make your grepo life very hard if you want to keep cities, especially while you sleep. Some have more time than others for this game, some live and breathe it!

Just keep learning and surviving and after the first couple world's you will have a fair idea on how to beat atleast half the people around you

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14780

peidiwch siarad lol

FIGHT!