New Gold System

DeletedUser7260

Hello guys,

I was just wondering what everyone's opinions are for the new gold system?

To me, i think it's really hard on gold spenders - especially in the early stages of the games. I like this because it makes it harder for people to pay to win.

On the other hand, its scaling feels a little bit rusty.

What I dislike, is that I have accidentally spent a ton of gold on instant completing buildings on the mobile app since I was so used to double tapping the buildings to enter. Theres no confirmation to spend the gold as well, paving the way to a lot of mistakes and angry players.

Kirruu

DeletedUser4951

I think it murders moderate gold users. I used to hit conquest in a week with 3k gold. Now its clear that won't be the case even if I wait out the times. Overall nice idea but if it's not fixed, it's gonna be worse than 2.0 grepo.

DeletedUser10179

I think its fine, they could add some stuff for those with less gold, but I think the instant completes was a smart idea.

DeletedUser

i miss the halving option... it should be include . the insta build is fine but depending on what your doing ya might only want to half a time.

DeletedUser4951

That's what i'm saying. The halving option was useful.

DeletedUser

The scale is also way, way off. At 6 minutes it costs you 65 gold, but under 5 its free. That's crazy to me considering the base of this was cutting times in half for 25 gold. It seems that Inno believes that they stand to make more money by eliminating the moderate gold user (or getting them to spend more, which for most moderate gold users probably isn't a feasible option) and putting all their stake in the heavy gold users - because this is going to be a far more expensive way to play the game for those that are willing and able to invest that kind of money.

I would agree, allowing the cut build time for 25 gold as an additional option with the instant build would be the best way to implement it. But in the same breath, doing so completely eliminates the players that play without gold (believe it or not they are out there) from competition.

I see the dilemma, and see what Inno is trying to do with this concept, I just think that in it's present form it's very flawed.

DeletedUser

The scale is also way, way off. At 6 minutes it costs you 65 gold, but under 5 its free. That's crazy to me considering the base of this was cutting times in half for 25 gold. It seems that Inno believes that they stand to make more money by eliminating the moderate gold user (or getting them to spend more, which for most moderate gold users probably isn't a feasible option) and putting all their stake in the heavy gold users - because this is going to be a far more expensive way to play the game for those that are willing and able to invest that kind of money.

I would agree, allowing the cut build time for 25 gold as an additional option with the instant build would be the best way to implement it. But in the same breath, doing so completely eliminates the players that play without gold (believe it or not they are out there) from competition.

I see the dilemma, and see what Inno is trying to do with this concept, I just think that in it's present form it's very flawed.

i see what your saying.. i buy in at the start. thru the game though there is little need for gold. the start yes for some that like to get their CS launched 1 sec after protection is over ( like i do ) ... but even that is a choice . i dont have to . and thru the game that takes a year to play a few hours saved here and there doesn't make a huge difference..... after that keep the advisers up and every once in awhile something comes up that requires a fast build.

DeletedUser4951

Hopefully inno takes note of the feed back and adjusts it. I can already see that the world is a little different than it probably should be just because of instant buy with no cut time option.

DeletedUser10209

it should be a graduated system as build time goes down so should the price to auto finish...
smiley_emoticons_flucht2.gif

DeletedUser10209

it should be a graduated system as build time goes down so should the price to auto finish...
smiley_emoticons_flucht2.gif
okay starts out 1hr build time cost 105 gold gets down to half an hour it should only cost half that and as time passes it should get cheaper and cheaper to auto finish such as on clash of clans or the like...

DeletedUser4951

It already does that. It just does it poorly and to the point where its not worth it.

I'm actually pretty disappointed with this update. The amount of gold I spent on this server would have gotten me close to conquest by now another 3 speed server. This really just encourages higher spending or is telling moderate spenders to sod off.

DeletedUser9651

Ya well I don't gold and still manage to get up their soooo I say if ya want to drain your bank ill come take your golded city after its built :)

DeletedUser5074

Well from a non-gold user perspective, this new update helps us because the gold spenders need to spend a lot to get a head start than the rest of us. So it's fairer to players like me, which is why I don't mind it. But from a business perspective, it definitely discourages moderate gold users

JD Feyd

Senior Citizen
I love the new system and I hate it. It has already got me to spend more than I usually do. I usually just get the advisors and open slots in the inventory. You ever have say 4 or 5 levels in construction of something big like the senate then you realize you have 0 population. Being able to instantly construct the next level of farm so you can keep going without dumping a bunch of resources into the villages is too tempting. I hate it. My ol lady is gonna skin me when she sees I have gone off budget. You hear that grepo?! Youv'e ruined my family life but diffo have improved the game. LOL

DeletedUser8450

My ol lady is gonna skin me when she sees I have gone off budget. You hear that grepo?! Youv'e ruined my family life but diffo have improved the game. LOL

Just get to the mail box before she does.....
smiley_emoticons_dinosaurier07.gif

DeletedUser

overall cheaper for gold whores, but hits casual spenders. Grepo will get less from high spenders and less casual spenders will spend = profit margin drop, an inno oops.