New God: Deinos - Discussion

DeletedUser14725

Hell Yeah!!! T-Rex attack!!! Bring it on Inno!!!

At least T-Rex was real (unlike a Manticore) and who wouldn't want to see one munching on some diaper wearing greeks?

All joking aside, you all are getting too worked up by this. Take it for what it is, a little humor.

This!

The butthurt over people who can't tell that this is clearly an April Fool's joke is hilarious on its own, though.
Been playing for years and NEVER bothered with the forum but I registered today specifically so I could comment on the "announcement".

DeletedUser

I sure hope this is an April Fools joke because this is not historically based on Greek mythology. If its not a joke please don't release this character into the game. The one reason I love this game is because it is based on Greek mythology. I would hate to see it be ruined this way.

Queen Becka

I couldn't agree more. What's next, aliens?.! C'mon IG/Mods, really, give me/us a break, & learn when to leave things alone already.! After all, as the saying goes, "Most everything is good in moderation, including moderation itself."

DeletedUser12822

Maybe this is just a way to bring more activity to the forums? You know, with the whole in-game message and all?

Or it could be a temporary way to supplement for the lack of gold sales that inno is undoubtably NOT bringing in right now during the event.

DeletedUser14752

I think they really need to rethink the God...at least keep it with the Greek theme if they are going to come up with a new one.

If it is real....the 4th spell: Pterodactyl Relocation - Permanently moves 100 troops from one city to another!

If they do keep with the Greek theme, then I say Nesoi, goddess of Islands and Seas. One of her spells - one time only - move 1 city from 1 location to another...THAT would be cool

DeletedUser14755

Correction

Ok, so the exact same attributes as in the thread that was deleted the other day. Just doesn't seem like a good idea. Looks like Inno trying to stuff more features in a game that would benefit more from losing a few. IF you have to add a god, why not Apollo or Ares? This Deinos idea seems like something I'd have thought of when I was in elementary school. And unless I missed him in my studies, there was no god named Deinos in Greek mythology. Can't we at least keep it to "real" gods?

There is a Greek God named "Deimos". He was "not referred to in any Greek stories, but his name means terror". Google it and there's some articles about it. He also has a brother named some thing Greek that means "Fear".

DeletedUser11560

Deimos and Phobos

Theres note ven a beta test for this. dont worry lol

DeletedUser14756

Imagine Ares the god of war, as a cavemen in the stone age, riding dinosaurs and stuff.

No ... bad ... No!

How about we just imagine Ares in the game, there we go, end of.

Was that so hard?

DeletedUser14756

There is a Greek God named "Deimos". He was "not referred to in any Greek stories, but his name means terror". Google it and there's some articles about it. He also has a brother named some thing Greek that means "Fear".

Yeah I know about him, he was the son of Ares and Aphrodite. Yes, the same couple that created Eros. Here's I thought, how about we have his parents instead of him?

Gee..

#Aresforever

DeletedUser14754

Bit about the god is not bad as a joke. Bit about promising gold and not getting any....shouldn't be joked about!

DeletedUser

Thanks for your comment about the gold. Unfortunately the gold offers caused some technical issues with our payment system, and we are no longer able to offer the gold for this announcement. Our development team is discussing a solution for this issue, and we should know more about compensation on Monday.

DeletedUser13268

Ares

First, the real name is Deimos - fear, second I think it would be better if the god is Ares cuz others god is the "main" god, third the favor for T-rex is too high I mean you have to wait until the favor bar is full then BOOM 1 T-rex and they all gone.
Here is my opinion about Ares:
spells: "This is Sparta" - the city receive 3 hoplites, favor cost - 80; "Trojan wall" - Defending units are 10% efficiency for
5 hours, favor cost - 140; "Marathon" - land and naval units moving 10% faster, favor cost - 200 ; "Phobos and Deimos" - all troops in the enemy barrack is decimated - favor cost 350
Mythical units: Lupa - the mother wolf and Vulture
these are just the basic, help me to improve them, I'll listen to all opinion :)

DeletedUser12251

First, the real name is Deimos - fear, second I think it would be better if the god is Ares cuz others god is the "main" god, third the favor for T-rex is too high I mean you have to wait until the favor bar is full then BOOM 1 T-rex and they all gone.
spells: "This is Sparta" - the city receive 3 hoplites, favor cost - 80; "Trojan wall" - Defending units are 10% efficiency for
5 hours, favor cost - 140; "Marathon" - land and naval units moving 10% faster, favor cost - 200 ; "Phobos and Deimos" - all troops in the enemy barrack is decimated - favor cost 350
these are just the basic, help me to improve them, I'll listen to all opinion :)

Dude, this is a WAY BETTER option than a made up dinosaur god. Somebody in Inno should be fired, and you should be hired. Just saying.

DeletedUser14756

You are speaking my language. Nicely thought out.

A movement spell would be perfect as the game is in need of such a thing beside what you can get in quests.

This game could benefit from Ares. You would think the god of war would be in a game that is basically war.

DeletedUser14607

I got 100 gold for clicking on the link. Put in a support ticket!

DeletedUser

Happy April Fools from your Grepolis Team, and may you have a T-Rex free year!