New God: Deinos - Discussion

DeletedUser12251

If they have the same attributes as the ones you posted and deleted the other day, please do not release this god

DeletedUser12822

I'm sorry, where is the official thread for this? I've also never heard of Denios before in greek mythology.

DeletedUser

The link is in the post above, or in Game Announcements.

DeletedUser12251

Ok, so the exact same attributes as in the thread that was deleted the other day. Just doesn't seem like a good idea. Looks like Inno trying to stuff more features in a game that would benefit more from losing a few. IF you have to add a god, why not Apollo or Ares? This Deinos idea seems like something I'd have thought of when I was in elementary school. And unless I missed him in my studies, there was no god named Deinos in Greek mythology. Can't we at least keep it to "real" gods?

DeletedUser271

The God that somewhat corresponds to the description of "Deinos" is Deimos. Might want to change that name :)

Now, I honestly can't decide whether this is taken seriously or just an April fools joke :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It's prob a joke but, I'd ride a T-Rex into battle!!!!
smiley_emoticons_eazy_cool01.gif

DeletedUser1048

I believe the T-Rex can pick up booty with its mouth, once it's done killing troops.

DeletedUser12662

too early for April Fools!
c'mon don't turn grepo into Jurassic Park...

DeletedUser12822

The God that somewhat corresponds to the description of "Deinos" is Deimos. Might want to change that name :)

Now, I honestly can't decide whether this is taken seriously or just an April fools joke :confused:
yes, they should change the name I think. He's also a lightweight god, just like Marco Rubio is a lightweight politician... i thought if they ever released another god, it would at least be an Olympian.

The idea itself is also awful. It's a complete joke. Although the god is Greek the dinosaurs part has nothing to do with this game.

DeletedUser6919

Oooooh if new gods are up for consideration I have a suggestion for one.

Name:

Priapus

Description:

god of fertility and protector of gardens.

Whenever a donkey is sacrificed in Praipus honor, he rewards the residents with additional favor and blesses them by helping to populate the polis with brave warriors. During invasions he stand shoulder with those troops to help protect the town from damage.

Spells:

I thought of 6 which is a little over kill but I couldn't decide which 4 I liked the best. Although Crim if you want a 4th spell, the protection one is my fav so feel free to steal it.

Gift of Fertility Priapus blesses his warriors with fruitfulness

Instantly finish recruiting 50% of one queue of units 350 favor

*** like instabuild can't be used within 5 mins of attack landing

Countryside's Stiff Guard Priapus stands erect in the city and protects it from damage.

The city cannot be affected by stone hail for 12 hours 130 favor

*** 12 hours is for speed 1 world so it same price and duration as CP

Archery The finest Archers in all of Greece arrive to defend the chosen polis

City instantly receives 5 Archers 50 favor

Protection No spells can penetrate the protective sheath Priapus places over troops and towns

While protection is active on a city or attack no other spells can be applied 200 favor

*** This would include purification so could spell protect attacks again

Measuring Up An unnstoppable force is about to meet an unmovable object Priapus has decided to change the odds.

The attackers bp is compared to the bp of the defender and gives moral for that attack150 favor

Blessed Growing Season You're city has had an excellent growing season, so your warehouse needs to be enlarged to fit it all in.

The warehouse is expanded by 20% to hold additional wood 75 favor

Myths:

Have included 2 myths as normal and a replacement for divine envoys.

Sytar: Half man, half goat these myths make good looters.

Pop: 15
Ranged Att: 250
Def Blunt: 300
Def Sharp: 70
Def Ranged: 250
Loot: 400
Speed: 66

Nymphs: mythological spirits who move agilely through the water.

Pop: 15
Att: 945
Def: 945
Speed: 105

Donkeys: As sending a boat load of divine envoys to sack a city is about as effective as putting a three legged donkey in a canoe, floating it down the themes and expecting it to conquer England. Think we may as well swap DE for Donkeys. As the Greeks used to sacrifice Donkeys to Priapus to gain favour, would like to apply the same here.

So they would be identical to Divine envoys. They would work in all cities with a god and have the same pop, price, and stats.

Except for every donkey that dies in a victorious battle, Priapus will produce 10% extra favour, providing you at receive at least 50 battle points, max 50%

DeletedUser11243

Meh - to the Dino god, BUT Pixie's god sounds amazing. I need him to visit my harbor.

DeletedUser

im going to be honest... i dont see how a bunch of greeks with swords and spears are going to down a 9 ton T rex. If modern firearms and Jeff Goldblums stunning wit couldnt defeat them in 3 movies (the 4th was a joke so I wont include it), greeks throwing rocks wont hold up

Except for every donkey that dies in a victorious battle, Priapus will produce 10% extra favour. providing you at receive at least 50 battle points, max 50%

do you have an idea for the cost of myths yet and im guessing the unit speeds are world related right? donkey should stay cheap like the DE, nymphs would seem popular with their low pop maybe make them very expensive or decrease their values and provide a cheap alternative to hydras. i like the sytar though, little cheaper than a harp would make them worth while

10% favor or percentage increase on production? other than that i like the idea more than dinos and mantis existing in the same game is an improvement (fixing WW would be an improvement!)

Priapus is growing on me. nice work pixie

DeletedUser

I too could do without Deinos, & if anything, would rather see MCP's proposal implemented.