New City Question

• Thread starter DeletedUser7629
  • Start date

DeletedUser7629

In a CONQUEST world.

Had a member with only one city. His was under major attack, and knew one of the attacks was a CS, we could not help him... But he had a CS ready. Didn't research conquest though, but was ok with "Founding A New City". (to my understanding, you can "Found A New City" on a Anchor Point as long as you have a CS and the culture level right ? No researching conquest needed ?)

Anyway, before his city was in siege the CS was sent out AND landed and he began to get the 24hr ticker then. But then of course his city got sieged, then overtaken, and he lost his one first original city and at that time the only city he had. He then respawned to the "rim" (Tyler Boyd style according to Mr Godsword language, lol :p )

Anyway so we were thinking his new "founded" city would be ready in 24 hours... But in his new respawned city there was no ticker/countdown anymore to the new city happening. So now we wait, but it seems to have been 24hrs and his city aint poppin up where his chose.. So I want to ask if this works like that or not ?

If not, why ? What is the games reasoning ? A colony ship with people went to start a new city, the city left behind getting taken over should not matter.

Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks -

Infa

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser257

Doesn't work. Once you lose your last city, all sieges, foundations, and resource producing stop.

It would be unfair if you could do this foundation thing as you could found a new city and then, less than 24 hours later, you found a 1000 point city when your first city is like 300 points. Then, you have 2 cities to get resources and troops from while everyone around you only has one (usually)..

DeletedUser7629

Doesn't work. Once you lose your last city, all sieges, foundations, and resource producing stop.

It would be unfair if you could do this foundation thing as you could found a new city and then, less than 24 hours later, you found a 1000 point city when your first city is like 300 points. Then, you have 2 cities to get resources and troops from while everyone around you only has one (usually)..

Thanks for the answer and valuable info. At least I know that now.

Though me personally, don't see how it would be unfair in the manner of which you describe. Cause you can't "Found a new city" or even Conquer a city unless you have a CS. To have a CS, your city sure needs to be well over 300 points. So what you said couldn't happen.

What I am describing of what should be possible is, if under the circumstance I brought up in the OP, you would respawn, yes, but the timer for your new city would still be counting down (if you did as I describe in that situation, etc.). When you got your new city, it is not CS ready, so you can't go and get another city, cause your starting from scratch again. And same with your respawned city. So there is no unfairness imho that is. Unless I am missing something else.

Also, to me, it is a real world scenario more. Cause it is very likely as a city is getting taken over/demolished, whatever, that if properly timed and they did all the right moves prior to the attacks (as I described above), then a small few of them could sneak off and start a new colony somewhere without anyone knowing really, nor being interrupted by the fact the city got taken. Its very realistic.

I am saying IF you get the new city founding before your city is under siege and you get the countdown started and everything before the city gets under siege, then it shouldn't stop if you can't happen to break that siege. Thats the whole point of sending them off. Also, I mean what happens to them ? they just magically explode cause from where they came is no more ? That makes no sense.

Now if you don't get the countdown to colonization started before your city is under siege, then I say that is ok to stop the "founding".

But its not like I can change the rules. And I understand. I just thought I throw out the debate is all and tell my thoughts. Seems kinda unfair or wrong right now the way it is unless someone could tell me why that wouldn't be right.